TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 22, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Dinner: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 22, 2022 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 08, 2022 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yesterday was Baked Zita or Pork Loin w/applesauce, spinach and tomatoes, roasted potatoes.

I had to pork which was fine, pork is just not my fav and I don't care for baked zita, LOL, the spinach and potatoes, excellent.

Lemon cake for dessert, yum!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 08, 2022 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Carne Asada Taco with rice and black beans or Mixed ham and cheese casserole. Pecan Pie for dessert.

Pie excellent, taco pretty good, not sure that that ham casserole was all about. I tried a some and it seemed like a lot of ham with some adobo sauce on top.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, November 09, 2022 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Too funny! I had forgotten to get my lasagna out of the freezer, so I went to get carne asada tacos from our favorite Mexican place after work. When I got there, they'd closed their kitchen at 5, BUT they have a nice meat counter. I grabbed their "carne para tacos" and an avocado so we had tacos anyway. DH said my seasoning tasted just like theirs, and the guac I made was the perfect side dish! YUMMMMMM.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 09, 2022 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Mongolian Beef or Sweet & Sour Chicken with Cold Noodle Salad and mixed veggies ... also they had chopsticks and fortune cookies at every place setting (Only a couple of us used the chopsticks, LOL)

Tuxcedo cake for dessert.

It was yummy, I had the beef.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 10, 2022 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Chicken Caccitore or Beef Moussaka served with rice and roasted broccoli. Strawberry cake for dessert.

I had both, its called a half and half.

Disliked the chicken, didn't care for the sauce, loved the moussaka and cake, LOL.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, November 10, 2022 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Long day. Tired. 1/2 a leftover burrito tonight.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, November 10, 2022 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I think there are a bunch of us avidly following your postings here every day who do not comment. My worst fear about going into a senior living place, at any level, that provides food would be that I would starve. Even into old age, I remain a super taster, an oddball with more taste buds than most of the population, which is NOT an asset. A lot of the foods most people easily eat taste like poison to me. So, the 50-50 might be an ideal solution for me.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 10, 2022 - 11:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Juju, there are also alternates every week. This week it is a Chicken Caesar or Grilled Cheese Sandwich or Baked potato; so you could always get fed, LOL. Some people mix up the stuff .. I think it is Saturday I am going to swap out the fingerling potatoes and have a baked potato instead with the Flank steak.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, November 11, 2022 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
My husband and I have always said we'll have to be dragged into a place where we can't cook for ourselves. We do mainly vegetarian/pescatarian (probably 6 days a week) and that usually equates to really boring food in any formal institution.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, November 11, 2022 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, I have a kitchen, I have cooked one time since I moved here. But you are correct, it is harder for the vegetarians that are here.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, November 11, 2022 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tonight was Tilapia in orange honey sauce or Braised Pork both with farro w/lemon butter and roasted carrots. Dessert was Angel Food cake with Carmel sauce.

I had the Tilapia, it was fabulous and I really liked the farro even tho I didn't know that was what it was, LOL. Cake was great.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, November 12, 2022 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yummy !!!! Flank steak with fingerling potatoes and green beans.. So good, the other option of was some sort of chicken, LOL.

Then brownies for dessert, except they seem to have run out of vanilla ice cream so I had to have Strawberry. I thought it might be weird but it was good.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, November 13, 2022 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Farro is FABULOUS!! We frequently use it in place of rice for stir fry, and I love to season it with Italian seasonings and serve it on top of salad.

If there were a kitchen, we'd be just fine. We both love to cook, so that would work!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 14, 2022 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tonight was Veggie Lentil Stew or Pork with rice and roasted butternut squash. Lemon cake for dessert.

I had the stew with a side of the squash. Everything was excellent but I have a question ... is Butternut squash always sweet? For some reason I was thinking it was more squashy like zucchini or summer squash.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 16, 2022 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tonight was Beef Stew or Pork and Beans with wild rice and zuchinni. Dessert was peaches with whipped cream.

Now I had the Pork because at the culinary meeting the Chef said it was Pintos with ham. What it turned out to be was shredded pork with black and pinto beans in a sauce.

It was quite good but not what I expected. Peaches were fabulous

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 17, 2022 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tonight was Garden Risotto or Chicken Parm with polenta and roasted Broccoli. Dessert was Strawberry cake.

I had the chicken .... broccoli and cake were fab, I don't really care for Chicken Parm but it was ok.

I heard some saying the Risotto was very good.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, November 19, 2022 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yesterday was Beef Stroganoff or Salmon w/lemon butter, barley and peas/carrots. Angel food cake for dessert.

I had Salmon, it was excellent. I am always amazed at the quality of Salmon they get her.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, November 19, 2022 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tonight was Pizza Pasta or Sloppy Joe's with potato wedges and a brownie for dessert.

I can't say how much I enjoy the sloppy joes!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, November 19, 2022 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Don't think I've ever gmhad a sloppy joe. Sounds delish. :-)

Tonight we had some stuffed peppers my sil made. Too peppery for me. I drowned it in plum sauce so I could eat it. Lol

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, November 19, 2022 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Plum sauce cures too hot?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, November 20, 2022 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Wasn't hot peppers, Juju, just too liberal with the black pepper. The sweet plum sauce was the antidote. 😉

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, November 20, 2022 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Good antidote!

We need pictures of these dishes. :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 21, 2022 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tonight was veggie lasagna or tuna casserole, with Lemon Cake for Dessert.

I had a half / half and both dishes were great.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, November 21, 2022 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Keep them coming, Dipo. And thanks.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 22, 2022 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Chicken enchilada or Carnitas w/Mexican Rice and Refried Beans .

Churro's for dessert.

I had enchilada, it was okay, I do like their rice and refried beans, LOL. Cracked up because I caught a couple of lima beans in the rice ... they slip in those veggies and it makes me laugh.