TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 06, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Dinner: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 06, 2022 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 25, 2022 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tonight was Mexican night .. I keep forgetting that they don't do it very well.

Perfectly adequate food ... carne asada or chicken with mexican rice and refried beans.

I did the carne asada, it was fine but it was the mexican soup that was the best tonight.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 26, 2022 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Cheese Ravioli w/alfredo sauce or Grilled TriTip with roasted cauliflower and mixed veggies.

Homemade Ambrosia for dessert.

I had TriTip, it was great, I was even able to get a slice that was sort of med rare (usually everything is med or well) and all the veg were fabulous.

Even the ambrosia was surprisingly good!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 27, 2022 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tonight was Gyro's or Chicken with hummus and cucumber salad.

I had an alterative ... the hotdog sandwich. It was great! I loved it, haven't had a hotdog in forever and I had a side of the cucumber salad, also excellent.

Very good Cheesecake for dessert

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 28, 2022 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tilapia w/butter sauce or Braised Beef, wild rice and roasted Broccoli.

Pumpkin Pie w/whipped cream.

I had Tilapia and it was fantastic, veggies and rice great and yummy pumpkin pie!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, October 29, 2022 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yummy again! Baked Chicken Leg with scalloped potatoes and mixed veggies. Berry crumble with ice cream.

Very good and the berry crumble was quite good as well.

The other option was Vegetable Pesto Pasta.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 30, 2022 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This is dessert, not dinner....

My pound cake turned out perfect👩‍🍳

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, October 30, 2022 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
YUM!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, October 31, 2022 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Beef Goulash or Sausage with Peppers & Onions, corn on the cob. A nice cake for dessert.

I had sausage and it was yummy.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 01, 2022 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yucatan Pork or Chile Relleno with Rice and Beans. Pecan Pie for desert.

I tried the Chile Relleno since I had pork last night, didn't like it, so I ate the cheese out of it with the rice and beans. Chuckled because I saw they slipped some peas into the rice.

Pecan Pie was fabulous.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, November 02, 2022 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
What is Yucatan Pork?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 02, 2022 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, it appeared to be shredded with some nice red onions on top. I think it is a cooking method with certain spices. Google showed it as a stew.

I am going to try it next time and would have last night but I had pork the day before. I must meal plan better, LOL.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, November 02, 2022 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
LOL! I would love to hear how you like it

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 02, 2022 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tonight was Eggplant Parm or Chicken Tortellini w/pesto sauce. Cream Puffs.

I had the Tortelini, I thought it was chicken in the tortelini but it was a bunch of tortellini with chucks of chicken. Very good.

And dessert was great too.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, November 03, 2022 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Eggplant parmesan. It's one of our faves. The menu where you are is wonderful. Great variety!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, November 04, 2022 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oops ... Last night was Baked Mac and Cheese w/Bacon or Chicken Fried Steak w/gravy, roasted potatoes and mixed veggies.

Strawberry cake for dessert.

I had the Chicken fried steak which was good, and the Mac and Cheese looked good as well. Trying to balance the meat / pork / chicken / pasta in my diet now that I have tried most of the dishes.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, November 04, 2022 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Today Salmon w/dill sauce or Glazed Ham, both with wild rice and Asparagus.

Dessert was angel food cake with berry compote.

The Salmon was excellent as was everything else!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, November 04, 2022 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
There was a sale on white shrimp from Ecuador (fished not raised) and I thought great guilt free shrimp - no child was killed for this shrimp and I won't get sick because it was no raised on pig poop.

I missed one detail though. It was head on. Head is supposed to be a delicacy, but I don't want to suck out the brains - no no. Anyway I boiled the shrimp and am waiting for it to cool before I can rip off the heads and the freakishly long antennae and finally eat it.

I feel like I should bury the heads and make some great mulch with it, but animals will probably dig it up. So garbage. They have huge eyes and stare at you while you do it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, November 04, 2022 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, I don't think I have ever seen head on shrimp, LOL.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, November 04, 2022 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
It was delicious, but a real pain, the heads came off easily enough but the shells fought me and the needed a good cleaning. But huge shrimp and delicious. I have another batch to make tomorrow, and I stuck the shrimp that still had ice crystals back in the freezer so a lot more to eat and tonight's left overs

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, November 04, 2022 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Hmmmmm, I have never seen white shrimp that was not farm-raised. But we are now in far South Texas, which used t have the largest shrimp fishing fleet in the world. And unlike some other industries where the entire harvest gets shipped out of the country, we can still get wild-caught Gulf shrimp from the families of the shrimpers, if one knows where to go to purchase it. We currently go out to a marine supply company, where the shrimp is kept in the back, and you tell the grizzled counterman what you want, and he disappears into a back room and returns to hand over what you have ordered. It feels a bit like buying drugs.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, November 05, 2022 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tonight was Turkey Noodle Casserole or Meatloaf with mashed potatoes and mixed veggies. Brownie w/ice cream for dessert.

I had the meatloaf and it was yummy!! one of my favs.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, November 05, 2022 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Given the warm weather and the realization that we hadn't made them this summer, we did our whisky bacon cheeseburgers tonight. The whisky goes in the burger, then bacon, smoked gouda and caramelized onions go on top. If you're only eating red meat once every 3-4 months, this one is a definite must!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, November 05, 2022 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Dipo ~ I'm coming in late here. Are you on a cruise ship or living in a retirement village? Your dinner choices always sound so wonderful!

And Teach - whiskey bacon cheeseburger sounds delicious. Everything everyone posts here sounds delicious!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, November 05, 2022 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Kappy I moved to a 55+ independent living apartment. They feed me every day and clean my house every two weeks, I love it. They do have other activities but those I like the best, LOL.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, November 06, 2022 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Sounds great, Dipo!!