TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 16, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Dinner: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 16, 2022 users admin

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, August 19, 2022 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Dipo - the spicier the better in our house. One of my Latinx students told me once, "You like Mexican spicy - not whity spicy!" LOL

Mamie - I saw that recipe - was it good? We do pasta salads frequently in the summer, and that one looked a little bland for us, but I'm interested if it was a keeper?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 20, 2022 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Chicken Katsu or Kalua Pork with macaroni salad and rice. Tuxcedo cake ... yum

I had the chicken and it was ok, but I didn't like the sauce they used. Next time I will try the pork.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 20, 2022 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Teachmichigan, I like it spicy as well. I keep asking if they have salsa, but I can just bring my own next time we have Mexican.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 22, 2022 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Chicken or Tortellini Pasta Salad.

I had the tortellini and a side of the sautéed spinach. All yummy.

Apple cobbler w/whipped cream also yummy, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 25, 2022 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yummy roast beef with scalloped potatoes and roasted califlower.

Angel food cake with berry compote.

Mack

07-22-2002

Thursday, August 25, 2022 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Taco Thursday.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, August 25, 2022 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Fresh local sweet corn, fried chicken from Safeway's Monday cheap chicken special, fresh local heirloom tomatoes, celery sticks.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Dipo, have you been fasting???

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha, NO, I forgot to post.

We had some lovely sliced pork w/applesauce, barley and roasted broccoli last night, with tuxcedo cake.

Tonight is Mexican ... I will be back with a report, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow I didn't realize I had skipped so many nights. I did skip Friday night because I went out for Chinese for lunch and was still full.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tostados or Cheese Enchilada with corn salad.

I had the tostados which I thought were good. I think the chefs put veggies in things to hide them.

I heard someone ask why there were some slice potatoes and peas in the meat mix on the tostados. They tasted great.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, August 31, 2022 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Oh yay! You're back here to make me hungry again :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 31, 2022 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Chicken pot pie or Pork / Rice / Sauteed Spinach

I had chicken pot pie with a side of Sauteed Spinach, both were excellent. The pot pie was served in a ramekin with a triangle piece of crust instead of a entire pie of crust. It was perfect.

Canoli's for desert.

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, August 31, 2022 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Fajitas here….we do live in Texas. 🙄😀

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 01, 2022 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha, Mack

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 01, 2022 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tonight was Pasta Salad or Gyro w/Hummas and Cucumber Salad.

I tried the Gryo, which was fine but I won't get it again. Loved the Cucumber Salad have never liked Hummas and didn't tonight, LOL.

Angel Food cake with carmel sauce and whipped cream.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 05, 2022 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tri-Tip or Chicken with macaroni salad and cole slaw.

Peach cobbler w/ice cream !!

Yummy, I had tri tip.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 06, 2022 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tonight we have Cilantro Lime Pork or Chicken Fajitas with that Mexican squash and Rice. I had the chicken fajitas, one of the gals complained that there were no tortillas because normal fajitas are served with them (some of these people crack me up).

Dessert was "cream puffs", but when I ate them they were filled with ice cream so I call those bon-bons, LOL.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, September 06, 2022 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Uhh ... I agree one cannot call a culinary offering a fajita if it is not accompanied by a tortilla. I mean a tortilla is the most basic ingredient of a fajita. I have spent many years in Texas and visited scores of restaurants offering fajitas, and they ALL came with a tortilla to wrap the separately presented fillings in. A tortilla-less fajita actually sounds fairly blasphemous. Bigdog and I would definitely be consulting with the chef over that mis-step.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 07, 2022 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I will bring it up at the next Culinary Meeting. I would have liked to have a tortilla and some salsa.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 07, 2022 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tonight .... Garden Pesto Pasta or Lamb Stew .... I need to look at them to see which one I will have.

Back later.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 07, 2022 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, I had the Pasta and it was great, tomatoes, broccoli and cauliflower in a great pesto sauce.

The lamb stew looked great, but it is so hot here today I just couldn't imagine having it.

Both were served with seasoned rolls. Dessert was lemon bars ... loved them.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 08, 2022 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Roasted Herb Chicken or Beer Braised Pork with rice and mixed veggies. Brownies for dessert.

I had the chicken and it was great, plus my brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, LOL.

The pork looked good as well.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 12, 2022 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Beef Chili w/cornbread or Garden Pesto Pasta ... chocolate pudding for desert.

I had the Beef Chili which was really good, but I cracked up when I saw there was some corn in it. I swear they are trying to slip veggies into some of these old folks diets, LOL.

Plus I ended up with the pasta dish on the side. Not sure if I somehow got someone else's order or if the chef's just got the order confused (our waitress did write down both things, then crossed one out). Put that in a to go box so I have a snack for later ... it was very good as well.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, September 16, 2022 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Dipo! Are you fasting again? You haven't eaten since Monday???!!!!