TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 29, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Dinner: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 29, 2022 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, December 01, 2020 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Well you are both troopers. Glad his life is fairly normal now. We've just learned for ourselves how insidious and brutal radiation can be. My husband's side effects from his week of radiation about 6 weeks ago, are absolutely grueling.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, February 13, 2021 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I put a meatloaf in the oven just now. Another DH request. No Ritz this time. I have bread that needs to be used up.

Will be served on a pile mashed potatoes with beef gravy.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 22, 2021 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It's been awhile, but I made another lasagna. I'll stick it in the oven later for dinner. It's only 3:30 here.

You just know I'll have to post another picture of it when it's done. haha

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 22, 2021 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Looks really good!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 22, 2021 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Dipo, it has so much cheese you wouldn't believe it. When I made the grocery pick-up order, I ordered a 2lb bag of shredded mozzarella. They were out, so they substituted it with a 5lb bag for the same price. So there's almost twice as much on it, and in it, as I normally use.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, July 22, 2021 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That looks amazing!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 22, 2021 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
There's also 2 lbs of Italian sausage stuffed into that thing.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, July 22, 2021 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Sounds yummy!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 07, 2021 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just made Borscht for dinner tonight. Actually, I made so much it will be lunch and dinner for about 3 days. I don't mind.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, September 07, 2021 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've never had it but I think I'd like it!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, September 07, 2021 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I make my own version of tuna casserole. It usually lasts me about three days, too. Make macaroni and cheese (the blue box), boil a frozen bag of broccoli for about ten minutes. Mix the broccoli, and mac and cheese together, add a can of cream of mushroom soup, about a half can of milk(the now empty can from the soup), and two cans of tuna(in water, drained). Mix thoroughly, heat through. Eat and enjoy.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Wednesday, September 08, 2021 - 3:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
It sounded interesting until you put in the tuna!! If I can smell seafood I can't eat it! When I shop the service seafood counter at my local Kroger's, whoever is waiting on me brings whatever I have asked about out for me to smell! Unfortunately I have not found any brand of canned tuna at any price that I can't smell!

I do the same at fine dining restaurants. Legit places are PROUD of the freshness of their seafood!

That soup is very pretty, Naja! I think I can identify beets (red and yellow?), celery and garbanzos - what else? I love soups year-round!!

Just like I would eat chii on the Fourth of July!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 08, 2021 - 4:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Tnt, it's a cold soup. The vegetables are Cucumbers, green onions, and beets. The only thing that gets cooked are the beets before you slice them up and put them in. The broth is 1/2 chilled beef broth and 1/2 of the water you used to boil the beets. Chilled and strained of course.

Borscht (my Grandfather's way)

Boil 4 big beets for an hour. Remove beets, Cool, chop. Save beet water, finely strain and cool.

In a big pot for not cooking put:

Chopped scallions
chopped cucumber no seeds
garlic

Add cold beet water and chopped beets
Cold beef broth
Vinegar (add a tablespoon at a time until your soup has a mild zing. Don't overdo it)
Salt
Pepper
Dill
Worschestershire sauce

Olive oil

chill for 4 hours

Jimmer, if you ever have it, be sure to put a dollop of real sour cream on top of your own bowl full of soup. It's like icing on cake. So yummy.

I'm a mega tuna fan. I'll have to try Heckagirl's recipe.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 08, 2021 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
This reminds me I haven't made any gazpacho this season. I should do that for this heatwave.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, September 08, 2021 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I've been told you could also make the
"tuna" casserole with canned chicken instead. You might try that instead TnT fan.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, September 09, 2021 - 5:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Yes - I have been seeing ads on TV lately for Starkist chicken. Guess that "chicken of the sea" has come ashore!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 09, 2021 - 5:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
To me, canned chicken has an odd flavor that I don't like. When I want chicken meat for a casserole or salads, I buy a few thighs and boil them in some bouillon. Then I even have the start for some homemade soup!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, November 17, 2021 - 5:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Fried scrapple, fried potatoes and onions and parsnips. I haven't had scrapple in a long time.

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, November 17, 2021 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Tonight will be spaghetti with our homemade sauce which is really good but more excited that tomorrow will be homemade shrimp chowder. Kind of a winter dinner, at least for us, but we have had it in the summer. Forecast is a high of 86F today but a cold front tonight and a high of 66F tomorrow so the chowder sounded perfect. With the warm actually typical hot weather here we eat a lot of lighter dinners and grill outside three to five times a week. Now is the time to break out the winter dishes.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 25, 2022 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Another lovely dinner, the choices were pasta pizza or sloppy joe.

I have been surprised that some things are nice and spicy, thought they might bland down the food.

I had the sloppy joe and it was well seasoned, didn't want the pizza pasta because it had peperoni and I don't like that.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 26, 2022 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yummy, slow cooked brisket, baked beans and mac / cheese with a boston creme pie desert.

So good!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, May 26, 2022 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Sounds delish Dipo! We had yummy leftover Chinese.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 28, 2022 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tonight was meatloaf with mashed potatoes and peas.

Loved it! With angelfood cake for desert.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, May 28, 2022 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thank, Dipo. Keep it up. This is edifying.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 29, 2022 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Just had brunch ... no dinner tonight.

Found out this seems to be an event and I didn't dress properly for it!

I had bacon / eggs / potatoes/ toast and then they had a Stawberry Shortcake desert. It was really just cake with jam and cream fillings but quite tasty.