TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 14, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: All Things Technical: The Help Desk: Computer Problems? Ask Here: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 14, 2018 users admin

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
I am having mouse trouble. Can highlight, but it might not stay highlighted or highlights the whole page. Can't cut and paste highlighted areas, can't delete, can't copy. All those activities are gone. I have tried two different "mice ? mouses", a Logitech and an HP. Both wireless, both act the same. I don't have a wired one anymore.

Has anyone else had this problem and or know how to fix it? Thanks for any help you can give me!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Odd that you would have that with 2 different ones. I was going to suggest cleaning the mouse, and cleaning the surface that you use the mouse on.

You can also try plugging it into a different USB port, in case that's the issue.

Finally, if you have another computer available, try the mice on it and see if you still have trouble.

Other than that, it's troubleshooting the mouse drivers, and that's above my pay grade. :-(

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the suggestions. Have switched the USB ports to no affect. Don't have access to another computer, so will look at the drivers. Thanks again!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Maybe find Device Manager on your machine and check to see if there is a yellow triangle with an exclamation point on the mouse, and see what it says there. Could very well be drivers.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
If others have/had this problem, a Windows 10 person helped me and found the problem. Under settings for the mouse, there are additional options. One is "Click Lock". This was checked. Once it was un-checked, the problem disappeared. All back to normal. Can highlight, paste, delete, etc. with no problems at all.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
huh. Never heard of that, thanks for sharing.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, July 02, 2018 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Week 3 without my new computer. Supposed to be shipped from HP over this past weekend back to the Microcenter and then they will see if the problem is fixed. I'm not holding out hope.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Facebook Question: Is this where I post it? I rarely go on the site, I have it set where my friends (that I am interested) posts show up in my email.

Anyway I went there today to find a friend and I noticed that the only thing on my timeline is a much of things I have shared, so where did all the posts from my friends go?

Is there some setting I need to turn on or off so that all my friends postings (including the people I don't get in email) are shown?

I don't really know to much about how Facebook works so couldn't figure it out.

Thanks for your help!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Go to the profile of each of your friends. There are two tabs on the lower right of their cover photo:

Friends: change them to "close friends" to see them more often.
Following: Make sure following is checked. You can also add them to "see first" which means they will pop to the top of your news feeds.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks Karuuna.... I just got a post from a friend that took me back to facebook and it seems all is back to normal. I think maybe I wasn't at the home position. I do have a lot of people in my close friends and their posts werent' there, just my shared videos, so somehow I put on just my posts, so weird.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, September 14, 2018 - 6:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
My MacBook Pro IS sick. Took it to Genius Bar at Apple Store yesterday. Needs new battery -- battery has expanded?? MBP is still covered by AppleCare so won't cost me anything. Battery on my iPhone 6 Plus -- same thing? Got totally new 6 Plus for $31.18 yesterday.

Apple will have my MBP for five days. HORRORS!!! I don't like working with little iPhone so maybe check out iPads. I don't want to put in too much $ into fanciest iPad. Which would you suggest?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Got an iPad 6 — 32 GB, wifi only. Love it

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, September 17, 2018 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I love the iPad as well. Works great and the battery life on them is very good.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, September 17, 2018 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I have an iPhone 6 Plus. Screen is still kinda small to work wth. iPad is a BIG screen phone without the phone.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 12, 2018 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If anybody uses System Mechanic and needs to renew, this code just worked for 50% off 1 year.

AF50iolo

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, November 12, 2018 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Color, I believe there is a mechanism with Apple that you can share your phone's wireless plan with your iPad when you are on Wi-fi. My phone asked me the other day if I wanted to do that, and I said yes, and it took me to somewhere in settings where I just moved from no to yes the button that said share with Juju's iPad when on wi-fi. I haven't actually tried it yet, but last year I was thrilled silly to know that I can send texts that show up on my phone from my iPad, thrilled silly. But I am easily thrilled.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
You’re right Juju. I have an iPhone and an iPad that’s just Wi-Fi. I can text and answer calls on my iPad. I don’t often answer the phone on the iPad but when I’m home I use the iPad to text much more than the iPhone. Very handy.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It really is very useful because it means that if my phone is charging in another room and I have my iPad with me, then I can see when someone is sending me a message or even calling me and use the iPad to respond.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the tip, Naja. I don't use any of those system tools myself. Have you found any of them useful?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I've been using System Mechanic since about 2004 and I never want to be without it. It's very useful.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I bought a new computer yesterday. I'm trying to hook up to the internet. The router password is longer than what the computer will accept. I called HP and they want to charge me to help me. That angered me.

Anybody have a clue what I can do? I'm assuming the security code is the same as the password.

Thanks in advance.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Never mind. I pushed a button on the router and it connected me.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Argh! Now the stupid computer is telling me my email password is wrong!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Sorry, no clue.

HP. I print very little. Still using a "getting older" HP printer. Few years ago needed help with it and wanted to buy something related to printer. Called HP. One of the worst experiences I've ever had re anything technical. It was a mess. Their products may be OK, but any sales or services -- NO!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I went and reset my password and it changed my password for a different email account! I hate computers!