TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 22, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: All Things Technical: The Help Desk: Computer Problems? Ask Here: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 22, 2018 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
They may not be legit though I don't know for sure.

The safest thing to do is go directly to the website of the manufacturer of your mouse to look for an updated driver.

You can set how fast the mouse responds and how quickly it moves. etc.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Dipo, to change your mouse settings, just hit your Start button and type in mouse settings, and you should get a link to go directly to mouse settings.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yeah, windows has mouse settings built in. You don't have to install drivers unless you want some kind of special features offered by a specialty mouse.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes it will work fine and do regular mouse stuff but since she asked I figured Dipo was trying to do something more.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, thanks....when I plugged it in, it went right to work. I don't really want to do anything special I just wondered if the company that seems to be stalking me to get me to click on things was legit, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
HOLY CRAP! Can my laptop listen in on me? I just called my dental hygienist to ask for a referral for a dentist, and I just went to check my email and I have one from 1800Dentist!!!!!

I already have my camera's blocked but is there a microphone somewhere that I need to turn off?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
If your laptop is linked to a phone, then I would say yes. It is probably through the number that was dialed, though, rather than through listening to your call.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Heh, and I just filled out changes of address preparatory to returning from winter in Texas back to WA State. Now, when I read news, I am seeing Ads for Upack cubes that I will fill to ship my belongings. Actually not such a bad idea if I were moving a household.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well my laptop isn't linked to a phone and I used my landline to make the call, so maybe it is just coincidence.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
did you look up your dentist's phone number on your computer? My computer does have a microphone, but I don't think it's randomly recording....

Or... (play Twilight Zone music), is your smart phone on your home wireless network along with your laptop??

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
It's funny, they were talking about this on the local news earlier today. How if you ask something and then it shows up on your facebook.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Karuuna, no I didn't look up the phone number on my computer, I had to call my hygienist on the landline to get the name of the dentist. And nope, I don't think my cell is on the home wireless network, it's a Tracfone. Does it use my wireless?

Heckagirl I have read stuff about that, I don't have any of those things so I thought maybe it was my laptop.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Likely a coincidence.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Who is your landline with?

I know it seems unlikely, but I've had this happen often enough and usually I can trace the connection. Then again, I have a Google Home Mini who is *always* eavesdropping....

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Landline is ATT, internet, etc is Comcast.

Yep that is why I don't have one of those "listeners", LOL.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Some smartphones have the ability to make calls on Wi-Fi rather than use the TracFone 4G network, so yes, your router may very well be the spy. Maybe? Where is Landileigh? She would know. SpongeBob?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Has anybody else have to put in a new password for Outlook.

I am on a Dell. When I went to Outlook I got the message that my password is wrong. I had to make a new password. I had to do that stupid thing where you have to identify the crooked letters. Then I had to put in my phone number. I got a phone call giving me a series of number. I have to put that number in and pick my password.

Why is this password not sticking. I had the same problem the other day with Skype.

How can I get the password to stay?

I have had to do this once a day for the last three days.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I had to make a new Outlook password again today and Skype needs one again. for the first person to solve my problem.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Doc, have you scanned for a virus? What is happening to you doesn't sound right. I have Outlook and have no password and no problems with it.

Mack

07-22-2002

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I was wondering the same thing. I don’t have an Outlook password per se. Outlook is hooked to my Internet provider and the password is for the email account established through my provider.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Sometimes the Outlook registry gets corrupted and can't/won't save your password. This might be a more benign explanation of your problem.

This happened for me when my hosting provider changed DNS servers. I was able to fix it only by deleting the password and choosing not to save it, and then rebooting, adding the password and then saving it.

But you may need to delete your entire profile to fix this one, since it's forcing you to make a new one.

You can go to Microsoft and file a support request and they will help you.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/assistedsupportproducts

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I just called Guruaid and the man was very helpful.

He has my passwords locked in.

The poor guy tried to explain copy and paste to me. lol

I think he probably on a break right now.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LOL, Dogdoc. I am glad he was able to help you!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Kar.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
I just read Dogdoc's post and literally laughed out loud.