TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 25, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: All Things Technical: The Help Desk: Computer Problems? Ask Here: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 25, 2016 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 22, 2016 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc you can go here....https://tvclubhouse.com/forum/read.php?file=/1099615/11061.html&lm=1454516845

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, February 22, 2016 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, I'll pass it along for you. :-)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, February 22, 2016 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I have contacted moderators before but this time it is asking me to sign up for Microsoft Outlook. I was supposed to follow some steps but I am not sure if I want to do that. I already have Outlook for e-mails.

Just to be clear, whatever it is asking you to do there with respect to Outlook has nothing to do with TVCH.

In any event, as Kar mentioned, she has passed the request along. :-)

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, February 22, 2016 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Dipo, Kar and Jimmer.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
When I turned on my computer this morning, I found that I cannot access my list of programs. Fortunately I have a few on the bottom toolbar, but not all. What's most frustrating is that I can't access Microsoft Outlook. I have a lot of saved emails, and I also use the calendar. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution for it? I have Windows 10, and have had it for several months.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
did you do a search in Cortana?

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I can't get to Cortana.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't know what you mean by you can't get to them. What happens when you hit the windows button on the keyboard?

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Nothing. It doesn't bring up anything. I don't know what happened to it - it was working fine yesterday.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

What happens when you hit the windows button on the keyboard?

Whoa! I am not sure I have ever used the Windows button on the keyboard. Lookee there, it brought up the Start button menu! Thanks, Naja!

Merrysea, sorry, I have no idea what is going on with you. Maybe post your computer type, like laptop or desktop, tablet, etc., brand and model, operating system?

I have lately been Googling some stuff going on with my little Latitude laptops (E4300), which I love so much I have three, and one of them is doing wacky stuff since the latest Windows 10 HUGE download a couple days ago. And that led me to Google things, and I found out it is a common problem with my particular laptop, and that the Latitude E4300 is NOT on Dell's list of computers that are recommended (or whatever the term) for Windows 10. Huh!

Okay, just a thought for Merrysea if you have Windows 10 - maybe you got the gigantic download I got earlier this week, and it just installed yesterday? Might have something to do with that?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Merry... maybe this will help?

http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/computing/has-your-windows-10-start-menu-stopped-working-here-are-four-ways-to-fix-it-11364000314532

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am terrified to let Win 10 install.. and I'm definitely waiting until I do my income taxes. At least earlier reviews were claiming that besides Intuit being the spawn of satan, it wasn't working with Win 10.

Hope you can get it working Merry!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It looks like some extra information in the comments on Kar's link, too.

So much frustration..

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Sea, me too... although I keep getting frequent daily or more often, onscreen nudges to upgrade to WIN10 that is so not going to happen voluntarily with all the negative shite I've heard about it. IF heaven forbid, my system crashes and automatically uploads it, then MAYBE I'd learn to live with it. Otherwise, I'm avoiding it like the plague.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 11:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I don't know what caused it, but Karuuna's link fixed it! Thank you Kar!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, April 01, 2016 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Karuuna's link is great, and I bookmarked it before I read that it cured your problem, Merrysea. Just out of curiosity, which one of the suggested fixes worked?

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Friday, April 01, 2016 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Launching the task manager and following those steps. It didn't find any corrupt files, but it still fixed my problem.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thanks and glad it fixed you up.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
You're welcome, Merry, glad it helped. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 04, 2016 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have a question for anybody that puts together computers.

I need a new video card for my desktop, and it uses pci express x16.

I haven't had to shop for a new video in several years, and now they have "2.0" in the descriptions.

My question is: Can I use pci express x16 2.0 in place of my current card that doesn't have the 2.0 in the description?

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well, I'll know for myself next week when the new card gets delivered.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I answered my own question today after I finally installed my new video card.
Yes, you can replace a pci express x16 1.0 video card with one labeled 2.0 in the same slot. It works fine.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I keep getting popup notices that my AVG antivirus is fixing to run out and I need to buy a new one. I have always been able to continue for free. Is this something new? If so, what new/free antivirus should I get?

Jmm

08-15-2002

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Hecka, I think it may be a scam, you might want to read this before you do anything.

AVG Scam

Abby7

07-17-2002

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
So funny re: avg. dh and talking about it just about same time of your post. I use iPad, dh computer usually.However, when on computer would see those pop ups. Ignored them.

Next time on computer..."home page" no longer Google news...but avg/search.

Tried to take it off...couldn't. Again, around same time as your post dh using computer. Mentioned how annoying it was...avg/search. So, he took the time to get our home page back to Google...not Google news. Fine.

Then , I read your post. I then grilled dh......took some time j/k lol . Yes, he did click that button.

Don't know if related. However, now I'm worried by just taking it off..all ok?