TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 31, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: Archive through July 31, 2022 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, March 06, 2022 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    

I thought Stephanie was going to be part of the resistance!!! That's cold!!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, March 07, 2022 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just announced... a Maggie and Negan spin-off????

"Premiering in 2023, the new series Isle of the Dead will follow the unlikely pair — what with him having murdered her husband and all — into what the network calls “a post-apocalyptic Manhattan long ago cut off from the mainland."

Six episode season... is it just a story they wanted to tell to finish something off, or the start of several seasons??!

With that and the Daryl&Carol spin-off they might as well have parked most of the cast somewhere, and continued the main TWD with just those couples.

https://tvline.com/2022/03/07/the-walking-dead-negan-maggie-spinoff-amc-isle-of-the-dead/

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, March 07, 2022 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I cant believe they are doing another spin off. The ratings must be way better than I expected. I have grown out of this show and am ready for it to end

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, March 07, 2022 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm not keen on Maggie or Negan, plus this takes out any tension over their story in the remaining 13 or so episodes of S11. I suppose they did wait to announce until Negan had gone wandering.

I wish they would concentrate on the Rick movies. If it's difficult doing what they intended, can't they rewrite to allow us to see something? If you think of three movies as three double length episodes, it seems like they could just get it done if they tried.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, March 20, 2022 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It made no sense that Hornsby sent Gabriel and Aaron to be a part of that. He wants to run Alexandria and it's obvious they're not going to work with him after seeing such tactics. Even if he wanted Carlson to kill Aaron and Gabe so he could take over, you'd do it sneakily out the back, not in an op that could go wrong. Annoying writing.

But I guess peace at the Commonwealth is over.

(Also annoying: if the scenes in today's show were meant to be in sequence, Ezekiel had his pre-op appointment on a Wednesday, where they said come back Friday, but then they showed him going for the op the same day! I think they mess with me on purpose ;) ;))

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, March 21, 2022 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree! but at least this episode was interesting. I didnt even make it thru all of last week I was so bored.

I hate to say it but Negan is my fav character now. he is the most entertaining

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, March 21, 2022 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Don't know if you watched Talking Dead afterwards, but there was a guest on there who just couldn't forgive Negan, and I'm like that. I wish they'd have made him not as vicious, I can't get over the head bashing, however hard I try.

I wonder if they regret boxing themselves in so much with that story, not realizing what an asset the Negan actor is to the cast and how much people could have been on the character's side.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, March 31, 2022 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
twd

They've wrapped filming on the finale! I think it's still set to air before the end of the year.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
"Carol" has dropped out of the Daryl and Carol spinoff!

“Melissa McBride has given life to one of the most interesting, real, human and popular characters in The Walking Dead Universe,” a network spokesperson said in a statement to TVLine. “Unfortunately, she is no longer able to participate in the previously announced spinoff focused on the Daryl Dixon and Carol Peletier characters, which will be set and filmed in Europe this summer and premiere next year. Relocating to Europe became logistically untenable for Melissa at this time. We know fans will be disappointed by this news, but The Walking Dead Universe continues to grow and expand in interesting ways and we very much hope to see Carol again in the near future.”

https://tvline.com/2022/04/27/melissa-mcbride-leaving-walking-dead-spinoff-daryl-and-carol/

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Cant believe they would still do the spinoff Also, why in the heck would they go to Europe to film!?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Can't remember if you watched the end of The World Beyond, the one with the kids, but the last scene was set in France, in a lab where they suggested the zombie virus originated. The walkers there seemed extra fast and intelligent, more like they are in movies like World War Z.

It didn't relate to the past TWB stories so now we hear this is set in Europe I'm guessing it will be something to do with that.

The announcement also gives away the fact that something BIG must happen at the end of the main TWD season to get Daryl to Europe. I don't think the Commonwealth have that capability, but maybe if they work with the CRM??

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Interesting! Maybe they will show Darryl getting on a plane they have hidden LOL

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, July 22, 2022 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Trailing for Season 11C - the last ever - which starts October 2nd:

https://tvline.com/2022/07/22/the-walking-dead-season-11c-premiere-date-trailer-video/

They mention smart walkers, which ties in with the finale reveal in TWD: World Beyond.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, July 22, 2022 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
AND... the Rick Grimes movies have been scrapped! They had to be really, they were so outside the time period they were meant to (rumoured to?) fill in.

But instead they are doing a limited series with Rick and Michonne, which makes much more sense.

quote:

At the tail end of the show’s San Diego Comic-Con panel Friday, Lincoln and leading lady Danai Gurira, who played Michonne, made a surprise appearance to reveal that instead of the features we’d been expecting, they’d be starring in a six-episode limited series, set to bow in 2023, that would wrap up their characters’ storylines. (And, knock wood, reunite them with their kids, Judith and RJ.)

Said Scott M. Gimple, chief content officer for the franchise: “Rick and Michonne are two of my favorite people, and Danai and Andy are two of my favorite people. Working with all of them continues to be a dream come true.

“The three of us, along with a terrific team of [Walking Dead] all-stars and incredible new voices,” he added, “are crafting an insane love epic worth the long, long wait.”

https://tvline.com/2022/07/22/the-walking-dead-andrew-lincoln-danai-gurira-limited-series/

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, July 22, 2022 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I never thought the movies were a great idea. I figured they would flop. I may watch the 1st ep of their series to see if I like it but I am pretty much over this whole thing.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, July 30, 2022 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I met Greg Nicotero today. He was the nicest man!!! What a thrill! I was a fan of his work long before WD! I got a pic with him and some walkers, one of them was the bloated well walker.

I have to figure out how to resize for here

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, July 31, 2022 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh wow! Was it at a Comic-Con type event?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, July 31, 2022 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
it was Comic Con type Horror event in Long Beach, CA. Midsummer Scream. It is in it's 5th year and it was sold out this year. We were all saying they will need to move to a bigger venue next year.

We also meet the cast from Land of the Lost, if you are over 50 yrs old you will remember that show. Chacka! lol they were soooo fun!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, July 31, 2022 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
What fun! If you can resize the photos I'd love to see them!

We didn't have Land of the Lost in the UK. We got quite a few of those 70s shows, but not that one.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, July 31, 2022 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
By the way, there's a show on at 9pm ET called "Show Me More," which seems like it's behind the scenes chat from a different show each time. Tonight's episode is about TWD so might be worth a watch.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, July 31, 2022 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
oh cool! I will ck it out.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, July 31, 2022 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Here is our pic
Pamy and Greg

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, July 31, 2022 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
resizing it here made it blurry :-(
or friend me on FB :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, July 31, 2022 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, July 31, 2022 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't think the quality changed, Pamy, it's just zoomed in so you can see more pixalation. This is my version from photoshop resizing. That said the bigger one is a little more clear.