TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 11, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Deal or No Deal Island: Archive through May 11, 2024 users admin

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, May 01, 2024 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
It was apparent the fondness Rob has for Aron...especially the long hug he gave him on the way out

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, May 02, 2024 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
For sure. It's genuine. I think parenthood does good things to people. I have always liked Rob, but It's made him even better.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, May 06, 2024 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I laughed out loud when Rob said hey kids, your mom doesnt care about you. I know it was wrong and not nice but it cracked me up.

As soon as Rob said he was half listening to the rules i knew that he was probably the rule breaker tonite. Such a shame. I do believe he didnt hear him say you couldnt look.

I think the reason it ended in a cliffhanger is because Rob comes in last and the know that most of audience is watching because of him. They want people to tune in next week. I will be shocked if Amy is the one that comes in last.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, May 06, 2024 - 11:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I also believe that Rob didn't hear or didn't understand that, you must stay in your station, meant no peaking. He did it so openly, it didn't look like he was being too sneaky about it.

I didn't like that Amy went out of her way to try to sabotage everyone else. Giving wrong directions to the girls and telling Rob there were no cases left.

It's going to kill me, waiting until next week to see what happens. I really hope Rob makes it...but it doesn't look like it. If only Jordan had been a minute faster...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 07, 2024 - 12:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
He clearly said that he had done mazes and puzzles so he didn't listen to the instructions and missed the rule saying you couldn't look at another board. That's on him.

Amy was true to form.

Yeah, agree with Pamy.. I fear Rob came in last.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, May 07, 2024 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Agreed that Rob likely comes in last, hence the cliff hanger. UGH for not listening to the rules. His arrogance showed here. And I love Rob. but what a bummer way to go out. And I feel like if it hadn't been the star of the show breaking the rule, they probably would have just told them they came in last and were out right away.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 07, 2024 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm so mad at Rob! LOL. If he doesn't win, I hope Jordan does.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, May 07, 2024 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Me too, Karunna. I dislike Stephanie as much as I dislike Amy. Have always liked Jordan. If Rob doesn’t win I hope she wins.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, May 07, 2024 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Agree with you all...would love if Rob wins, but Jordan would be my second choice....and will be deflated if it is Amy or Stef that win. They were actually, along with Kim, the ones I has hoped would be eliminated before the finale.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, May 07, 2024 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I have said for awhile I think Jordan is the winner. When they showed her with the owls but saying she didnt like the bad talk I think that was the editors wanting us to see she wasnt as bad as they were.

I dont care for Steph but like what she wants to do with the money. Her backstory also would have been a great triumph to be the winner. Editors do not like her LOL I know I know, she has said all that stuff but we see such a snippit of their days. She could have said 10 nice things and they showed 5 bad things. I think she tried to play like Rob and it backfired as far as audience appeal. Rob has had some bad moments but I love him so they dont bother me. So I try and step back and look at Steph thru a different lens.

As far as the one that swore on her kids, I really believe she was true to her word at that moment. In the field she knew she was at disadvantage and was trying anything to slow them down.

Jordan is the only one that has never had a bad moment on this show. She is for sure the winner.

ps I love Rob but I never wanted him to win this, just wanted him to get to the end because I love watching him.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 07, 2024 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I had a feeling when he mentioned not paying attention. He should know better. He was going toward the cases when Amy was coming back with her case.. and also even if he beat her back he could have the lowest value case.

But he can only blame himself for this.

I also wanted Amy and Stef gone sooner than later.. Kim of course but Amy has been unpleasant all along and the lying and the bashing from the nightowls.. just not necessary.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 07, 2024 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Pamy I thought immediately after swearing on her kids, Amy told the camera that she was lying.. her smirks after she lies, like leading the other women into a dead end.. and I didn't like Stef just following Jordan, either.. and then when she tried to tell Rob to go the wrong way, which he didn't buy for a minute..

But every time she justifies it to the cameras in such a gleeful way. UGH.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Tuesday, May 07, 2024 - 11:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
I would be surprised if the Banker isn’t revealed to be Howie Mandel as Howie is listed as one of the Executive Producers of the series.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Wednesday, May 08, 2024 - 12:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
I’m in the minority as I hope Rob is the last one to return. I’d like to see any one of the 3 women left win. Each of the three could really used the money to change their family’s life.

Rob & his wife have already made millions from reality TV. He’s had more than his allotted 15 minutes of fame. I’m fine with him appearing again on a celebrity series but he has an unfair advantage playing against first time reality contestants.

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Wednesday, May 08, 2024 - 1:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
I’m with you JBW.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, May 08, 2024 - 11:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Love Rob, but he doesn't exactly need to win. I am sure they are paying him just to even play.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 10, 2024 - 12:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I hope he does win, but pretty sure he will be out when the finale continues.

This isn't a charity event to help the person who has the most to whine about (at least for me)

And he won't whine about the outcome.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, May 10, 2024 - 3:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I agree that these shows shouldn't be about who needs the money the most. If you think about it, anyone on any of these shows had enough support to take that time away from whatever work/income they currently had - regardless of background.

Rob has a net worth of $2 million, but in today's economy that isnt a lot for a family of six - but by all appearances, it looks like he and Amber used their money the best way they could and have solid income from other work/businesses.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 11, 2024 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And those net worth estimates can vary widely and include the estimated worth of property, which can be way off.

I agree that he and Amber seem to be smart and hard working.

So many people go on these shows when they can't really afford to do so, interrupt actual education or actual career and some just never leave the "reality" world, while saying it is for their family.

Anyway, we will know soon who wins here and how much they actually take home...

Jbw

08-14-2006

Saturday, May 11, 2024 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
According to IMDb.com, Rob has appeared on 89 episodes of Survivor, 25 episodes of Amazing Race, 5 episodes of Around the World in 80 Ways, had his & Amber’s wedding broadcast on reality TV. Plus numerous late night & daytime TV shows (Letterman, Jimmy Fallon, Jay Leno, Craig Ferguson, The Price is Right, Good Morning America, The View, etc) He also had a 17 episode series on Boston TV called “Boston Rob Does Beantown.” Enough already. Get off my TV!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 11, 2024 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Heh, I'm sure that some of the Real World/Challenge folks have a lot more appearances.

I like Rob. Fact is, most people do, which is why he keeps getting opportunities.

I would be okay if he wins, and also if Jordan wins. Not so much if Steph or Amy win.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Saturday, May 11, 2024 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
There are very limited contestant spots available on these type of shows so for each spot that goes too a “celebrity” is one less available to a “commoner”. I personally would rather see a new contestant that’s a social worker/teacher/first responder/military vet get a chance to win life-changing money for their family than someone who already had many, many chances to do the same. Put the serial contestants like Boston Rob on an “All-star or Celebrity edition”. Don’t put them on with 1st time contestants where they have a huge advantage. BTW, I expect Boston Rob will appear on “Traitors US” season 3 with other veteran reality TV competitors. Next year.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, May 11, 2024 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I would love to see him on Traitors!

If ya'all want to see a fun reality show watch The Goat on Prime! It's like BB with campy fun of Joe Schmoe

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Saturday, May 11, 2024 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
I totally agree Jbw. I just wish all the contestants, when they see someone like Rob, get rid of him rather than jumping on the band wagon. Then maybe he wouldn’t continue to get cast.

As for the challenge, all the returnees is what I dislike the most about it. And why any of them trust Johnny, Tori, CT, Jordan, etc is beyond me. You know from the get go that they are going to stick together. What’s the fun in that?

I like new people also. Getting to know them, who will align with who, etc is what makes it fun to me. When it’s the same people over and over again it is boring.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 11, 2024 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
For this particular show, I just didn't find any of the "commoners" particularly interesting, so I wouldn't have watched if Rob wasn't on it.

Pamy, I agree, would love to see him on Traitors!

Personally, I like seeing the same people, and GOATs on the Challenge and other shows. For the very reason that they are so good at what they do.