TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 24, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Ben - General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 24, 2012 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, January 23, 2012 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
And I really hope she does find someone (if she's still looking). She should be grateful she's not stuck with Ben. I don't care how "nice" a guy he is - he has absolutely zero personality (or they need better speechwriters).

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, January 23, 2012 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
He's not her type, at all. He's too timid for her. No fun, no personality. He also comes a cross as a little sleazy. She's too much fun for him. Too outgoing. She wouldn't be content to be a vineyard mistress.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, January 23, 2012 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Did she know he would be the Bachelor when she auditioned?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, January 23, 2012 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I like many things about Monica as well but I don't think that she got a bad edit in the first episode.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, January 23, 2012 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I talked to her. She didn't. She was hammered. I don't know if she knew or not, but come on, none of these girls are there for 'love'.....

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 23, 2012 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Last show she was sitting next to Ben in the vehicle on the way to the skiing and they didn't even have her make a comment.. too bad.

But she'll have an experience behind her at least and I suppose she could go on the bachelor pad show (which I've never seen and probably wouldn't urge her to do).

There was a copy of the People Mag at the Radiology practice so I grabbed it while I was waiting and Ben seemed awfully proud that he says there is more nudity this season. Oh, Joy.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, January 23, 2012 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I really wish we'd seen more of Monica -- she seems to have a great sense of humor.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, January 23, 2012 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I really hope Ben doesn't pick Courtney, but he seems drawn to her.

It would be another Jake/Vienna thing. Everyone but Jake knew she was annoying and they went down in flames.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, January 23, 2012 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
If anyone can make sense out of tonight's show, you are smarter than me. It was sooooooo bizarre that it just didn't make any sense. It seemed like it was all Courtney, Courtney, and more Courtney. I hope after Ben watches the show now, if he does pick Courtney, he pulls a Jason and picks the runner up, who ever she may be, she will be better than Courtney. Anybody would be. She is soo smug, on the GD she felt left out and so Ben gives her the rose and then she rubs it in everyone's face.."I got the rose, ha, ha, ha!"

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, January 23, 2012 - 10:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
This is why I gave up on dating long ago. Guys go for girls like Courtney. She clearly manipulated him into giving her the rose. Can't stand those little games. And poor Emily is shooting herself in the foot. I guess she hasn't seen the show before because the girl that tries to tattle on the evil girl to the guy always goes home. Monica was right, you just focus on yourself and Ben will eventually figure it out, even if it's way too late.

Sad to see Monica go. I think she'd be a hoot on Bach PAd.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, January 23, 2012 - 11:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Well, without spoiling too much beause I really don't know....in November when this was all released, she was in San Fran 'filming' and she said she was still under contract for 'stuff'....she is a hoot. I was a little surprised at the tears...

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, January 23, 2012 - 11:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Hmmm... what would they be filming in November? The Girls tell all show? I think they just do Bach Pad in the summer (maybe film it in the spring?)

I think her tears were just frustration at the whole dating thing, feeling rejected, feeling like you're never going to find that happy ending. I can SO relate.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 1:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
Jag, I felt like you did watching the show. Courtney was playing him like a fiddle and he fell for all of it. I wonder how his mother and sister felt, if he did end up choosing her. Their phones must have been ringing off the hook. I certainly wouldn't want her for my son.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
My favorite scene was the trail ride. Beautiful country.

It looked like Ben almost fell off when the horse jumped into the stream. (I know the feeling.)

The fly fishing was stupid.Why not plain fishing.

Did she have to trust that Ben knew how to rig
them up or were there people in the background?

How did they get back out. Did they have to be pulled back up and if so who did it. Did they wade out instead?

Was the country western show really just for them. Why did they round up those other people to watch it?

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I find Courtney to be extremely immature and unpleasant. I am so surprised that he can't/won't see through that. What a wimp he is to fall for such blatant manipulation. Maybe he should listen to the other girls.

I think he lives in his own little world and does not have very keen perceptions when it comes to relationship issues. That is probably why he made such a bad move with Ashley. He couldn't read any of the signs.

I like Kacie B. the best for him but I'm afraid she's in for a big heartbreak. Of course, I think she could do better than him and probably will....eventually!

Ben needs to ride off into the sunset.....alone.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I thought Ben and Jennifer looked happy together at the country show.

Courtney is too coy for me to like her at all.

Did Emily actually say that it was Courtney that she was talking about? I thought Ben cut her off before she gave a name.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Sad to see Monica gone. I knew when he took her off to go talk and they filmed/showed ZERO of the conversation that she was a goner. Thought she was prettier than Emily too.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I think Monica has "escaped" and will be off to better things soon! I can't imagine wanting to be saddled with the likes of Ben. Boring. He would bore her to tears in no time. You could tell she had more personality in her little finger than Ben does in his whole body.

Emily did not say the name of the girl but did say that she had gotten a rose. Well, he hadn't handed out any others up until that point so I thought it was obvious.

He deserves whomever he gets...that is, if he gets anyone at all which I doubt!

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
She e mailed me this morning and said: Hey hey hey...so I know you all probably watched and scratched your heads wondering why I was crying over Ben. I wasn't and obviously, there is A LOT they don't air. I figured I would send this link so you see a little bit more and understand the tears.

All I can say...is YOUR WELCOME...now you can stop watching this silly show. ha ha ha

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelor/diaries-of-the-departed

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Escapee, tell Monica that I am not watching last night's episode for two reasons:

1. If it's all about Courtney, I'm not interested.

2. I FF'd to the end and saw Monica leaving, so I'm not interested in watching.

I didn't go read her diary, but from her final confessional in the limo, I didn't get the "oh boo hoo I was in love with Ben and he doesn't love me" vibe.

I will say this though... the scene after Monica leaves when Ben is back with the girls? He said the same thing he said before, twice. Something about like he feels he can find love with those girls. First, Ben, write some new material. And second, Ben? That's not love, that's lust. And infatuation with a model (who's not all that) and who is playing you. You are going to come out looking a bigger fool than you did when what's her name refused your proposal on national TV. Just sayin', dude. Might want to see if you can find your cojones somewhere. Ya know?

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
They show Monica a lot more this episode than they did the last. From the video posted yesterday, she may have scared him off....I mean our family is a little, well....DH's Dad's side of the family is. She didn't even like that guy. Like I said, not her type. She goes for the bigger, clean cut, manly men from what I've seen. Ben is none of those things. Her tears, while genuine, were not for Ben. Watch the videos, they are great.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
It looks like the producers don't have enough footage of Ben to make a weekly show. Last night was the Courtney show and I find her very hard to watch. She might be there for the rest of the season, and I don't think I could watch much more of it. Once they changed the format of the show by moving them around each week, we see scenery and the girls amongst themselves more than we see the Bachelor. Of course, this season, there's not much to see of Ben. He says the same thing to each girl. His script is boring, just as he is.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Escapee, did Monica know that Ben was the next Bachelor when she auditioned? I'm curious how much they tell the contestants because I remember when Bentley was cast, he was hoping the Bachelorette would be Emily.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I have no idea.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I also think the biggest mistake the producers make is trying to cast the next show within the "final two" or "final four."