TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 20, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Ben - General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 20, 2012 users admin

Tresbien

08-26-2002

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
Interesting insights from Chris Harrison about Courtney in his blog: http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/02/14/chris-harrison-the-bachelor-episode-7-blog-2/

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I really liked Emily. I'd love to see her as the next Bachelorette.
And Lindzi really needs a makeover. Her makeup is SO unflattering!

Brenda, I thought the same about Emily and my husband thought the same about Lindzi.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Rslover, I didn't yet go to your links, but I will.

One of the hosts on the morning show I sometimes listen to on the radio (Sarah, Alice radio, SF Bay Area 97.3) mentioned that Courtney's ex boyfriend said that she broke up with him telling him she just needed 3 mos. to get it all together.

The radio host (who loves this series) speculates that Courtney will probably get the final rose, stay with Ben for 2 weeks after (just long enough to make all the appearances), and break up with him in some spectacular way. She'll get a lot of mileage out of this to further her career.

It sounds like that just might happen.

(This radio host also said something like that Courtney is very hateable and is the only thing making this season interesting.)

Re Kacie bad squishing Courtney like a bug/bad mouthing her...I see it as completely different than when Courtney gets all catty and snarky. Courtney did it from the very beginning. Kacie and the others have had to put up with a hateful catty person for a long time now and it's not like they can really get away from her much or have any contact from the outside world.

It's also worse because Courtney seems so disingenous to me.

I like Kacie's spunk.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I haven't been watching, but caught a video clip of the infamous Courtney a few weeks back--yes she is horrid. She is also massively out of Ben's league and he's probably star struck by her. No way would that chick go after such a goober-type guy like Ben of her own volition. Most of these other women would probably not give him a second look either. It's the rejection aspect that gives him so much power. This show is kinda sick, really, which is why I never made time for it on my TV schedule.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I suspect if you hate Courtney then of course her remarks are worse than those of the other women.

I think they are all snarky, even those protesting that they certainly are not!

The autotune is hilarious!!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 5:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I think if the others had started out by yelling "winning", we'd be talking about them, too.

I also think Rachel and Emily are, right now, going WHEW!! Geez did WE manage to dodge a bullet!

As for those who are left... I cannot even remember who Nicki is. Kacie is too nice, Lindzi is kinda weird but sweet. Therefore...

PICK COURTNEY!

(I'm really looking forward to seeing just how much this little game does NOT promote Courtney's "career." Playing the person she is playing, and I sort of doubt that she's acting, isn't gonna buy her any fans. And she's not being shown in the best light, all those faces, so yeah, um, nope, not gonna hire her. LOL!)

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Did I see wrong or did Ben stand on the landing strip and let the small plane taxi over him.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, yes you did see correctly - however, I can assure you it wasn't "staged."

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Youtube of Ellen on The Bachelor

http://ellen.warnerbros.com/2012/02/ellen_is_
on_the_bachelor_0215.php

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Cinnamongirl - Thanks for that one!! Hilarious.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
OMG Cinnamon... that video was Hil-ari-OUS !!!! Thanks for sharing.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I read an article, after Ben was rejected in the last Bachelorette, that Jennifer Love Hewitt had the hots for him and actually met him in some bar.

Here's one article about it: http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/bachelor-ben-flajnik-jennifer-love-hewitt-pursued-me-20111512

So, I don't know that he is starstruck over Courtney's model status. I think it's more a strong physical-chemical attraction.

And, like you guys, I hope he picks Courtney! Match made in heaven and all that. Blah.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Cinnamon, loved that Ellen video!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
RMAO!! Laughing and a few tears of joy for that video of Ellen!!!

Negative Courtney articles in Us and In Touch (I think) this week.

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
Cinnamon... that was priceless. thanks for posting it!

Smokey...I had posted about that at the time. Thought it was pretty interesting that JLH would pursue Ben. But then heard an interview she had with Ryan Seacrest where he asked JLH about the Ben thing and she nope there was no date and no interest. It was all blown up. ... hard to know what the truth actually is.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL - Ellen does a great Courtney impression.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Ashley's blog

Ashley's blog this week is hilarious !

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I think she says what all of us are thinking. Love her commentary!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
LOL... I tried to copy in the picture at the bottom of the blog re: Courtney's Top 10 Quotes, but I got a message that the size of the picture was too big (which is strange because it wasn't that big a picture).

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Ellen's video is SOOO funny! Thanks Cinnamon!

And thanks to you too Lexie! I love Ashley and her blog! SOOO funny!

I guess this bad season has led to some really funny and entertaining things outside of the show!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 17, 2012 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Haven't finished reading all the comments here, but have to say hubby came home last night while I was watching my recording of this show. He's never seen this show, but has heard about it. He thought Courtney was really young and kept saying, "What is she? 12?" So funny that she thinks she's the "mature" one of the women. I wonder what Ben is thinking as he's watching this? If he's still smitten with Courtney, he'll probably justify her actions somehow. People only see what they want to see. I've lost all respect I ever had for Ben. Yech!!!

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Friday, February 17, 2012 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Twelve sounds about right!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 5:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
How sick is this? The first thing I thought of this morning when I woke up was tonight's episode introduces us to Courtney's mother and sister. And from all of the interviews they are giving, the nut doesn't fall far from the tree.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm right there with you, Lexie! Unfortunately, hubby's not working late tonight, so I'll have to wait to watch it tomorrow. I'm so over him actually finding a partner on this show. I've totally lost it for Ben. All those women who've been eliminated should thank God! He and Courtney deserve each other.

From reading his blog last week, it sounds like he was still enamored of Courtney when he wrote it. Don't known when they write those blogs, whether it's during the course of the show or after each episode airs, but the tone of his blog is along the lines of "poor Courtney, living in that house with all those mean girls was really hard on her!"
Ack! Still doesn't have a clue. I hope his mother and sister were able to smack some sense into him.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Here are some excerpts from Ben's blog re: Courtney:

Unfortunately, with her problems back at the house with the other girls, we had a very different conversation than what I was expecting. I was startled to hear that Courtney had been through so much...

I know it's been hard for Courtney, and to be honest, I'm not sure this was the best environment for her. . . My feelings for Courtney are strong and I don't want to let external forces get in the way.

It's amazing to see how deeply the women felt about their dislike for Courtney, and it's equally amazing not to see any of that coming through in her actions with me.

He sees what he wants to see. If you want to read the full blog, it's here:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20570098,00.html

(Sorry, I couldn't get that link to work, so you might have to copy and paste it.)

<fixed link - jr>