| Author |
Message |
Jimmer
Board Administrator
08-29-2000
| Saturday, September 26, 2026 - 8:28 pm
I decided to create a thread for this discussion and move posts here. It was originally in the Quick Questions thread.
|
Starr
Member
07-09-2005
| Saturday, September 26, 2026 - 12:05 pm
It's fascinating to me how 10 people can watch the same exact show and still have 10 different views on what they just saw. We see it here all the time with different opinions on houseguests, strategies, etc... and obviously your own life experiences play into how you interpret things and help shape your perspectives. That being said, I did not see any of this and I'm curious if others did. On Taran's update a few days ago, his co-hosts were Sasha Joseph and Kirsten MacInnis. Sasha said "Drew has been aggressive AF with all the people of color in the house" (to which Kirsten agreed with a "umhum") I don't watch the feeds anywhere near as much as I used to, so I'm really curious what was said or done to give this impression? I know he and Lala didn't come away from the show as best friends. They are on opposite ends of the age spectrum. He didn't seem to be buddy buddy with Chuk but I don't recall there being any incident. Same with Jason. There was a healthy competitive respect for each other between he and Yash. He worked well with Dee (to spite her on again/off again mistrust of him)... but being labeled "aggressive AF"???
|
Maris
Member
03-27-2002
| Saturday, September 26, 2026 - 12:32 pm
I didn't see him being aggressive. I thought that Devens was more disdainful of Taylor. I don't know if it was based on color or Drew and Devens just didn't like strong women that they couldn't influence. It was obvious from the beginning that Taylor could not be managed and was pretty astute. She chose who she wanted to be close to in the game, she didnt let anyone influence of intimidate her. That went against Deven's game. Deven relied on implied threats to keep people in line that he thought he might lose. So did Dee.
|
Jimmer
Board Administrator
08-29-2000
| Saturday, September 26, 2026 - 2:06 pm
People commit what are described as micro aggressions due to underlying racism and that is what some people have accused Drew of doing. However, there was absolutely nothing that Drew did or said that was overtly racist and I certainly wouldn’t remotely describe him as aggressive as f***.
|
Sanfranjoshfan
Member
09-16-2000
| Saturday, September 26, 2026 - 2:33 pm
"I thought that Devens was more disdainful of Taylor." I keep thinking about Taylor's first encounter with Devens. When the "icons" entered the house Devens didn't acknowledge Taylor when she walked up to introduce herself and that "slight" (or her perception of one) immediately sent Taylor to another room to cry. I'd bet she hasn't forgotten that moment.
|
Maris
Member
03-27-2002
| Saturday, September 26, 2026 - 3:55 pm
Yes San Fran, from the start Devens didn't engage with Taylor, was it because she was black? Was it because she was a strong woman? He liked to work with people where he was the superior, father figure Drew, older brother to Dee. He even had Dee manage the Angela relationship in the alliance. I would say Devens was more overtly discriminatory towards Taylor be it on a race/mysogynistic basis, I don't know. I just got a mysogynistic vibe from him. I know I am going against the flow here but Devens rubbed me the wrong way in Big Brother, that cold stare, the shutting out of Taylor. He was a much more upbeat and entertaining person in Survivor.
|
Jimmer
Board Administrator
08-29-2000
| Saturday, September 26, 2026 - 5:28 pm
Was this shown in the first episode? I’d like to rewatch that.
|
Chippy
Member
08-16-2007
| Saturday, September 26, 2026 - 6:47 pm
I actually quit listening to Taran’s updates because a few of his cohosts twist themselves into pretzels trying to find imagined slights that they can then somehow relate to race or gender. They just wax philosophical as if they are the smartest people in the room when they’re just someone with an opinion about a reality show in a parking lot like us. lol
|
Sanfranjoshfan
Member
09-16-2000
| Saturday, September 26, 2026 - 7:33 pm
"Was this shown in the first episode?" Jimmer, Yes, it was about a minute after the "icons" came through the door. The HG were all enthralled at the appearance of reality royalty. They were all talking and surrounding the three "icons". As Taylor approached him it seemed that Devens saw her but it was a melee and he turned his head away like someone called his name and just kept walking away in a different direction. Taylor looked shocked and walked away to a bedroom and cried. Lalan saw her and followed her in and consoled her. I think Taylor said something like she's been disrespected like that a lot but didn't expect it here. I rolled may eyes thinking she was reading way too much in that 3 seconds. I rewatched that moment and thought she could be right as easily as she could be wrong.
|
Jimmer
Board Administrator
08-29-2000
| Saturday, September 26, 2026 - 8:02 pm
OK, thanks Sanfran. I re-watched and frankly I’m confused. I still didn’t see it. I saw him come in and he seemed to interact mostly with Drew and with LaLa who asked him if he’d won Survivor and he joked that he hadn’t and certainly acknowledged her, but I didn’t see any interaction with Taylor whatsoever so maybe I’m just missing something? In any event, the fact that he talked to LaLa clearly shows that his perceived lack of acknowledgment of Taylor had nothing to do with her color.
|
Grooch
Member
06-16-2006
| Saturday, September 26, 2026 - 8:11 pm
Here you go, Starr! +++++++++ teddy valladares brown ✨ @realitybrained.bsky.social so someone on tiktok compiled all the microaggressions towards taylor and lala. this is quite gross watching it. like they really go ham on these women. i'm so irritated especially towards drew and angela... Link to watch it +++++++++ And here's some more: 1.tayjuf @evictgoras.bsky.social #bb28 #bbsky Drew, Angela, Devens, and others being micro and especially marco aggressive towards lala & taylor & in general weird ass comments a thread 🧵 Link to thread +++++++++ 2It's fine for Angela to say she'll get in people's faces, but Lala and Taylor have been constantly accused by Drew that they will get in people's faces. And they never have. Tooms @toomsbb.bsky.social · 1mo Drew: If it's you vs Kamu, the equivalent of you/Dee going "why'd you guys flip?" is gonna happen with them. Angela: I won't let it. I will literally stand my body in front of them, and say knock it off right now. Drew: That's what I'm gonna do, too. Angela: I will protect them. Drew: Cause I know that Taylor's gonna get in their face. Lala's gonna get in their face. Yash is gonna...Yash is really respectful, but he's gonna be really hurt. Angela: Do you see why I separate myself from Lala & Taylor for that reason? Drew: 100% Link to video clip of them saying this ++++++++++++ 3.TaylorAllen133 @taylorallen133.bsky.social · 1mo Taylor reminds me of Anthony BBCAN7/12 He used to sit on the floor so he didn’t get labeled as an aggressive black man and it happened anyway She’s telling Lala don’t show them your mad because it will prove them right That’s why I feel bad they shouldn’t have to hide emotions #BB28 +++++++++ 4.BB Lion 🦁 @bblionotev.bsky.social · 2mo drew: you know who i dont like at all? dee: who? drew: i dont like lala at all, i hate that she walks around the place in a bikini and high heels, it pisses me off Link to clip ±++++++++++ 5.miles 🔮🧸🦄 @tinyveto.bsky.social · 1mo drew just said "i dont like something about them (lala and taylor) either and i dont know what it is" ++++++++++ 6.Tooms @toomsbb.bsky.social · 1mo Devens: I'm so relieved. I was scared to death for Lala & now she's safe. Drew: And now we get to have food for another week. Yes. Link to clip tayjuf @evictgoras.bsky.social · 1mo It’s undeniable at this point. drew views lala/taylor as help. he views them as domestic laborers. he doesn’t respect them or their effort, but feels entitled to it anyway. he criticizes them for cleaning but calls them lazy. he barely views them as humans but as servants +++++++++++ 7.Tooms @toomsbb.bsky.social · 1mo Drew: Let's see if she slams the door Link to clip ++++++++++ 8.Melody did this to Lala. She hid it in the storage room cabinet. Would she have dared do do it Angela or Dee, or Haley? Lisa-TAYLOR4THE750K 🎀 BARRETT4AFP 🧸 @dawgatthecrib.bsky.social · 1mo Imagine stealing a 58 year old woman's bedding when she already has to sleep on some wooden spinning device all because you couldn't get cupcakes for your "half birthday"??? #bb28 ++++++++ 9. This one is heartbreaking. And why she stays in her pod. BB Lion 🦁 @bblionotev.bsky.social #bb28 taylor letting out her frustrations Link to clip +++++++++ 10.tayjuf @evictgoras.bsky.social #bb28 #bbsky Drew telling Melody that she should be Mallory’s body guard when Mallory goes inside to protect her from Taylor and Lala Link to clip +++++++++++ 11 Megan @megyaps.bsky.social · 1mo Drew said that Taylor was pissing him off when she was just sitting in the hammock. he said he was fuming. He said, I can sit in silence too. When Melody was silent, he asked her if she likes Taylor. And she is like, what is your motive. She is saying she doesn’t trust him. +++++++++++ 12. Tooms @toomsbb.bsky.social Kelley Wentworth's tiktok about Taylor Link to a good clip ++++++++++++ 13. Tooms @toomsbb.bsky.social · 1mo Haley: ? Drew: Leaving you up there? I just hate Taylor. Haley: You wanna finish our ab workout? Worst little brother ever. Drew: I just don't like Taylor. She just annoys me. Do you want us to sit up there with you & be your bodyguards? Haley: No. Barrett: We can. Link to clip ++++++++++ 14. A clip comparing Angela popping off vs Drew's claim of "Scary" Taylor popping off. Link to clip +++++++++ 15 Couldn't find a clip of it, but Devins made the joke about Haley's and Taylor's mother's know each other because Haley's mom sells chickens to Taylor's mom for her fried chicken stand.
|
Jimmer
Board Administrator
08-29-2000
| Saturday, September 26, 2026 - 8:19 pm
That’s a tough one, Grooch. It’s entirely possible that this is an example of micro aggressions but if you observe people 24 hours a day locked in a house with each other for more than two months, they’re inevitably going to say negative things about other people in a game like this. Everyone probably said lots of crap about everyone. So I don’t know.
|
Maris
Member
03-27-2002
| Saturday, September 26, 2026 - 8:29 pm
The reasons behind it I don't know but it was apparent to me very early on that Taylor was excluded, marginalized and ultimately forced to basically find sanctuary in her pod. I hope she wins the third comp if only to show the jury she should never have been discounted. They may all vote for Drew but She accomplished something and she leaves the house with her head held high. Not so sure that Angela can say the same.
|
Grooch
Member
06-16-2006
| Saturday, September 26, 2026 - 8:44 pm
Drew and Devins were trashing Taylor this morning because Taylor told Drew last night that she hoped that BB would give them some lobster to cook one night. Drew was carrying on about how entitled Taylor is and Devins was agreeing with Drew. They went on about how good bb has been to them this season and she doesn't even appreciate it. The poor girl can't even express a hope for a nice dinner. If Dee had said it, those two would agree with it and plan a whole menu.
|
Jimmer
Board Administrator
08-29-2000
| Saturday, September 26, 2026 - 8:52 pm
I’d have to hear the conversation myself to personally evaluate if they were “trashing” her which seems like a fairly harsh way of phrasing it. I agree though that it’s unfortunate when we end up with three people at the end of the game and two of them have been in an alliance virtually since the start of the show and the other is naturally the outsider. I recall past Big Brothers, where the trash talking and isolating of people was absolutely awful. This season has seemed mild to me in comparison, but it’s hard to defend any amount of negativity.
|
Jimmer
Board Administrator
08-29-2000
| Saturday, September 26, 2026 - 9:05 pm
LOL with respect to the lobster I’m fully on Taylor’s side. I don’t think Big Brother is particularly good to these people at all. The fact they’re still doing that slop thing is completely ridiculous. It adds nothing to the show and it’s barely even mentioned on TV if at all, so I have no idea what the point of it is other than to make people miserable and potentially save production the cost of some groceries. They really need to treat these people much better than they do.
|
Bbpeach
Member
07-06-2005
| Saturday, September 26, 2026 - 9:14 pm
Sorry, but I’m not buying some of this. Curious if anyone has put together clips/threads of all the things Taylor has said? As for the cooking and cleaning, I don’t think there was any racism involved in those remarks. Lala and Taylor have taken it upon themselves to do those things. Much like Nicole in S2, Jun in S4, etc. seems every season somebody becomes the cook. Taylor herself has said she wants to clean to pass the time. I’ve never seen anybody expect them to do those things. Have they commented on it, sure. I took it more like glad they’re doing it so we don’t have to. Geez, I wish someone would come in and cook & clean for me no matter what color/nationality they are! LOL. I feel sure that if L/T hadn’t done it, they all would have done their share. Many have cooked or tried with varying results. I don’t know any of these people so have no idea why they say the things they say or do. I try to look at the least offensive motives until shown otherwise.
|
Pamy
Member
01-01-2002
| Saturday, September 26, 2026 - 9:18 pm
Taylor told Devins how she felt when he slighted her on that first night. I got the impression from what I read that she went away with positive feelings from the convo. eta...that convo happened in the last week or so.
|
Sanfranjoshfan
Member
09-16-2000
| Saturday, September 26, 2026 - 10:14 pm
"OK, thanks Sanfran. I re-watched and frankly I’m confused." I was confused, too. Turns out it was on the BB talk show BB Unblocked, not the actual BB show. Found the clip in tictoc: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/9Gpy3r1_FKM
|
Dipo
Member
04-22-2002
| Sunday, September 27, 2026 - 11:56 am
Totally agree Maris it was very apparent to me as well.
|
Jimmer
Board Administrator
08-29-2000
| Sunday, September 27, 2026 - 12:48 pm
Thanks for that Sanfran. There were all excitedly exchanging greetings and Devens turned away from Taylor. So some people are saying Devens ignored her because Taylor is black. Except as the clip continues, the very next thing he is doing is embracing Chuk. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
|
Jimmer
Board Administrator
08-29-2000
| Sunday, September 27, 2026 - 1:06 pm
With respect to potential micro aggressions from Drew, remember what Taylor said about Drew: "Love Drew, but in this game, he's a ***** menace. I can't stand him. I can't stand the way he looks, the way he talks, the way he smells, the way he doesn't wash his dishes. I want Drew out. I can't stand him." No doubt that being in that house produces strong feelings. Imagine what people could read into it if Drew had said that about Taylor?
|
Maris
Member
03-27-2002
| Sunday, September 27, 2026 - 1:21 pm
Drew: Leaving you up there? I just ••••••• hate Taylor. Pretty sure he did say as much.
|
Sanfranjoshfan
Member
09-16-2000
| Sunday, September 27, 2026 - 3:31 pm
"So some people are saying Devens ignored her because Taylor is black." Jimmer, Yeah....I just thought that he may or may not have turned away from her for a million reasons...but in Taylor's mind, at that moment, it hit her as a personal disrespectful action....and I'm now wondering if that will carry any weight if she's the one choosing who take to f2. In her pod at the end of the clip she said something about not carrying that feeling going forward, then paused and said "but I will". This paraphrased not a quote.
|
Seamonkey
Moderator
09-06-2000
| Sunday, September 27, 2026 - 6:13 pm
Devens is a bro. Chuck is a bro. I think bro trumped race, maybe. I noticed Crew's seeming race bias more than Devens.
|
Seamonkey
Moderator
09-06-2000
| Sunday, September 27, 2026 - 6:15 pm
I think, if Taylor wins final HOH, she will take the one she thinks she can beat.
|
Aabeepbeep
Member
01-26-2006
| Sunday, September 27, 2026 - 7:47 pm
Devens not hugging Taylor. Did anyone think there were 17 people to meet in 30 second in an extremely overwhelming moment? Maybe it wad just an honest mistake not a 'slight'? As for the i can't stand...whoever. sometimes people just don't mesh, ya know? Maybe it had nothing to do with skin color they just don't click. Like Jimmer said above they are recorded 24/7 for MONTHS! I'm sure everybody has said something negative about somebody! Haven't we all met someone we didn't click with, the new neighbor, new girl at work, maybe even a cashier at your favorite store and you walk out roll your eyes and think or say 'I can't stand them' or 'I don't like them' Imagine being glued to that person for months. I truly find this reaching.
|
Starr
Member
07-09-2005
| Sunday, September 27, 2026 - 8:19 pm
I'm with you, Asbeepbeep. I think if we went back through everything that everyone said, we'd find some negative comments from every single player at the very least. Chippy, I love your take. Taran's co-hosts are "just" people with opinions. Definitely not always right or always good ones. In the original post, I should've noted that Taran himself did *not* agree or confirm the "aggressive AF" opinion of Sasha.
|