TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 03, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2022: General Discussion: Live Feed Discussion Thread: ARCHIVES: Archives for August 30 - September 4: Archive through September 03, 2022 users admin

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
I like Janelle but I certainly don’t put her on that high of a pedestal. LOL

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
Bamagirl, while watching Michael fly down that slip and slide, all I kept thinking was I bet he put a slip and slide in his back yard, doused it with Dawn and practiced running on with a cup of water.
He could even fall without spilling it.

Lucas

07-01-2005

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lucas a private message Print Post    
I think Michael would have used Sunlight

Bamagirl

08-26-2012

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bamagirl a private message Print Post    
Maineiac, that's funny! I wouldn't put it past Michael, LOL

Chippy

08-16-2007

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
He’s a BB beast. Which is why I can’t figure him getting rid of Terrance instead of a bigger threat. No?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It will be hard for Kyle to learn and grow, the way production has been censoring anything anti Kyle and allowing anything on feeds to be said anti Michael, Brittany and Taylor.

Terrance rants are allowed.

As for white male privilege, Michael would have only had that had he stayed in the closet.

But he is not in the closet.

Janelle is significant because she has competed and has held the record for most comps won in a year, that Michael could tie or break. I am sure she would rather have the record go to Michael than many past and present houseguests. Me too.

Bamagirl

08-26-2012

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bamagirl a private message Print Post    
Lucus, I agree with your post on Michael. I'm not upset because I had to look at the big picture and who benefitted from him saying it. It was Monte and Taylor. I don't care about Monte but I'm glad Taylor is safe.

Gbcole

09-20-2011

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gbcole a private message Print Post    
I know Taran said Michael should go for Turner to be evicted this week but I keep thinking about it, Michael has already lost Terrance's jury vote, if he goes against his promise to Turner, I think he loses Turner's possible vote too.

Gbcole

09-20-2011

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gbcole a private message Print Post    
Monte has zero idea, imo, how much he was saved by what Michael and Brittany did which got Kyle evicted.

Kyle was so going to push for Monte's eviction once the veto was used on Brittany.

Calimom3

07-12-2007

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calimom3 a private message Print Post    
I grew up in California, poor, lower class. I was an average-looking kid, although short in stature, I’m female, so it was socially not an issue. I was lucky to have a VERY good memory, a talent at reading/writing. In the 1960s-70s it was easy to escape the horrors of the bullies/social expectations. I looked like everyone’s little sister. I fit in. I felt invisible at times, but it was sure better than the teasing/bullying/ostracizing I witnessed my peers endure. I knew I had less material stuff. But my parents were amazing, so smart and WAY ahead of their time with social/political issues. I felt “seen/heard/valued.” I grew up to not settle/conform. I experienced White Privilege then and now. I do not know what it feels like to go somewhere and not feel safe or accepted. I have struggled with poverty/loss of loved ones/hunger/health issues. I’ve NEVER experienced not fitting in, being afraid of the color of my skin causing prejudice, nor have I ever felt unsafe to be in a certain situation/environment. It breaks my heart to think anyone experiences it, esp those who live it on a daily basis.

Risca76

05-12-2011

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Risca76 a private message Print Post    
Just being white and male gives him privilege…you wouldn’t know just by looking at him that he is gay, so… probably didn’t get tracked while shopping, pulled over because of the color of his skin, etc… that’s what I mean by “white male privilege”. That and ONLY that.

And Janelle is significant indeed! Comp beast supreme until passing on her crown this year! I love people who enjoy playing the game.

Lucas

07-01-2005

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lucas a private message Print Post    
Privilege is so much more than how you're treated, that's more of an ugly result than an actual core component. Privilege is about how you act, how you treat others and how you see yourself in the world.

I see very little evidence that Michael see's himself as privileged. Kyle, Jasmine, Indy Terrance on the other hand...

Kalihiwahine

07-19-2009

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kalihiwahine a private message Print Post    
Wow! what a coincidence that last year's Big Brother was won by an attorney and IF Michael wins this year, it's another attorney!

Earthmother

07-13-2002

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Earthmother a private message Print Post    
I see Kyle, Jasmine, Indy and Terrance as entitled. That is not the same as privileged. Though many many privileged people think they are entitled.

Fan3

07-07-2005

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Fan3 a private message Print Post    
No results from veto yet? 99.9 percent Micheal won….

Risca76

05-12-2011

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Risca76 a private message Print Post    
Agreed, Earthmother!

In the past, how long does BB Comics take?

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
It takes a while, done individually.

It has been 5 hours!

Calimom3

07-12-2007

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calimom3 a private message Print Post    
I’ve had friends who think White Privilege means they were “given” something…
I ask them if they’ve ever been followed by staff/security as they walked through a store. If they’ve ever been pulled over and asked if the car they’re driving is theirs. If they’ve been asked what they are doing driving/walking in “this neighborhood.” If they’ve ever been asked to show their receipt when leaving a store, but the white people going out before and after them do not get asked. I had a friend who was asked to pull out his pockets at a store when we were young, the rest of us, who were white, were not asked…he had nothing in his pockets. I have an in-law who threw away a drinking glass which was used to give a black repairman a drink of water… I’m sure there’s many more examples, these are just the ones I often think of… and I’m sure many other people have a lot more stories—some similar, some far worse.

Needmylifeback

08-13-2000

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
They have something like 30 minutes or they time out.. and there is the set up for each .. so you can count on it being 6 hours... even if Michael in his time did it in say 12 minutes.. they would wait until the 30 minutes was up and then do the re-set.. If several of them timed out then it's 6 hours easy.

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
Just because Janelle likes Michael doesn’t make him the best contestant, which was stated. That was my point. It has nothing to do with how significant she is.

Calimom3

07-12-2007

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calimom3 a private message Print Post    
Michael is the best contestant so far this season, in MY opinion.

Nobody has a perfect game, they’ve ALL made mistakes and blown some opportunities. To me, Michael has surpassed the others in numerous ways. And since my word is my bond, you know, I said what I said, you know what I’m sayin? I, you know, just think Michael is, you know, the best contestant.

Earthmother

07-13-2002

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Earthmother a private message Print Post    
Calimom

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
As Monte said, he is blowing everyone away in comps and is such a nice guy ( this was before there was the Kyle stuff to blame on Michael).

I hope this comp is wrapped up soon..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Michael won

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think.. That looks thicker than the HOH key cord