TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 03, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2022: General Discussion: Live Feed Discussion Thread: ARCHIVES: Archives for August 30 - September 4: Archive through September 03, 2022 users admin

Rabernet

08-11-2014

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rabernet a private message Print Post    
I thought I would hate both Taylor and Joseph from the beginning and they ended up being my absolute favorites.

At this point - I'm hoping for a Taylor win.

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
Chippy, I’ve been doing the same thing. My opinion of the houseguests change daily.

Earthmother

07-13-2002

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Earthmother a private message Print Post    
Me too Rabernet. I love Taylor and Brit. I would just love to see them in those final chairs. Didn't think I'd like either one of them. I'd love to see Joseph get AFP. He has such a great personality and was so much fun to watch. I do love Michael, but I don't know if he will make it, unless he is very very lucky.

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
Yup Fan3. And we’ll be seeing Michael with the veto key around his neck.
He practiced this game too.

Earthmother

07-13-2002

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Earthmother a private message Print Post    
Michael is the kid who studied and studied and aced every test. Wasn't me (lol) but I respect those who prepare and do well. He deserves the Kudos. I was way too social to be a scholar.

Fan3

07-07-2005

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Fan3 a private message Print Post    
Micheal is that white privileged kid that never had to want for anything.

Bamagirl

08-26-2012

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bamagirl a private message Print Post    
Oh wow, I don't think that about Michael at all. From the things he's said, I think he had it rough growing up.

What makes you think that Fan?

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
I studied and studied and still couldn’t ace tests. Lol
Michael has smart privilege.

Earthmother

07-13-2002

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Earthmother a private message Print Post    
Where did you read that Fan3? I was a white privileged kid and had to work my ass off. My parents were poor. We were raised with a good work ethic. I had opportunities in school because of that and I choose to not appreciate it. I had to go to community college first. My fault.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Micheal is that white privileged kid that never had to want for anything.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make with that statement?

Gay kids sadly still don't have an easy life. Being white is an advantage but that doesn't mean that people don't have other struggles.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
Michael has certainly struggled. He is estranged from his family because of his being gay, and I believe he has been on his own for quite dome time.

Earthmother

07-13-2002

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Earthmother a private message Print Post    
Exactly Jimmer. My oldest is Gay and he has faced a lot of ugliness but knows how lucky he is. We have been there for him and so many of his friends whose parents can't accept it. I have never understood how a parent can do that, but it stays with these poor kids, no matter what race they are.

Lucas

07-01-2005

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lucas a private message Print Post    
It's sort of clear that NOTHING came easy to Michael and many things he wanted were out of reach.

If not, he wouldn't work so hard, go so fast, think so much, push too much, preoccupy over every detail, study so hard

To me, he learned early if he didn't work harder than others he would be ignored and left out.

And... this was exactly how he was viewed by most of the houseguests upon first impressions. Michael would have been gone early in the game if he hadn't pushed harder than so many of the rest who assumed (which Michael never did) they would be safe for another week

Mimiaow

05-29-2006

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mimiaow a private message Print Post    
I'm glad he found someone who loves him. He can't wait to see him.

I wish Terrance and Alyssa leave this week.

If Michael wins the veto, I just want things to stay the same and get Terrance out this week. I can't stand listening to him. On the other hand, he could make a move and put up Turner.

It's been over 3 hours. I wonder how much longer.

Earthmother

07-13-2002

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Earthmother a private message Print Post    
Agree Lucas. I think the comment was just a misunderstanding of what White Privilege, actually means.

Chippy

08-16-2007

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
Michael is driven. I was rooting for him but not after last week, he just lost me although I think it was a brilliant move at the same time. I love Taylor but hated her HOH. Thought I’d dislike Joseph but I hated to see him go. I’ll vote him for my personal favorite… well for now. Kyle was my hero when he came up with the LO alliance. Hated the showmance. Hated how Kyle got used. Never cared for Alyssa or Terrance. Or Indy really. Never expected to like Turner but he’s really to Birkenstock for me and just wishywashy.

Now what? I guess Taylor for the win. But don’t hold me to it lol

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
There is NO way for anyone to know that nothing came easy for Michael. That is a huge assumption. Yes, it’s clear he works hard for what he wants to accomplish in life and he’s very ambitious. But I also believe he was born smart.

Calimom3

07-12-2007

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calimom3 a private message Print Post    
Michael did not “luck” into his wins. He approached this like a JOB. He did research, he set up examples of comps… who ELSE has done that?! Fans study, random viewers think they can wing it, social media influencers/blue checks think they will be “liked/shared” to an easy win. I’m honestly amazed at those who claim it’s a fix or predictable because Michael has been so successful at comps. Maybe if they have a season of diehard fans it would be apparent how much research these players do to be able to understand the dynamics of the GAME. Some people think their face or physique should give them an advantage—because that’s what happens in their world outside BB. Some think their talent at a particular art such as singing/cooking/sports should get them a head start. Some depend on their sheer wish to open a business, move to another state, switch careers, or rebrand themselves should automatically put them in the finals.
Sometimes the hot guy/girl wins. Sometimes it’s the ugly duckling who had no other options. Sometimes it’s the sweet, kind, boy/girl next door type who is philanthropic. Sometimes it’s a rude, selfish vile human who wins. We can’t discount someone simply because we think they are lucky/greedy/golden. Micheal worked for everything he’s gotten. He EARNED it.
To me, JASMINE was the spoiled/entitled one. She expected more than she deserved. She manipulated people to do things for her not game-related. She grew up with an intact family who catered to her every whim, and she admitted it. Even Zingbot sounds as if he bullied Michael for something not in Michael’s control: his less-than-Hollywood appearance. Janelle supports Michael, and that’s an amazing claim. It helps me realize I’m rooting for the best contestant.

Risca76

05-12-2011

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Risca76 a private message Print Post    
Michael has white male privilege, as he is most certainly male and white.

I do not think he has never had to want for anything. His stories have struggle. Estrangement from family is never easy.

I think he LOVES this game and took advantage of the fact that there were 23 prior seasons to watch and learn from. I LIKE that he has the games figured out! He respects my favorite TV game show/reality show. Watching him win comps is fun!

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
I have really liked Turner from about the third week but I’m not happy with how he’s playing. He doesn’t seem to have a plan other than to be loyal to who he feels he can trust at that moment.

I would love for him or Monte to win next HOH and take out Michael.

Lucas

07-01-2005

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lucas a private message Print Post    
Kyle was used, by BB production. It's clear from last Thursday's edits, and his post show interviews, a LOT of work was done to prep him with bland and non-confrontational answers to all the questions about race.

I thought last week was ugly, but I don't blame Michael at all, again, I put any responsibility at the feet of BB production. I think Michael and Brit had their hands tied about pushing any issues involving race and Kyle.

Given that, my respect went up that he pushed to bring it up anyway. You know from the live feed edits that Production wanted to control this narrative, it's clear from what was show, and what was said they did not edit in time, on the feeds.

Risca76

05-12-2011

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Risca76 a private message Print Post    
Calimom, I find myself agreeing with you on most things.
This is no exception! (Right down to Janelle’s endorsement being a favorable point!)

Lucas

07-01-2005

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lucas a private message Print Post    
Risca76, Michael of course had white male privilege, but not all privilege is equal and not everyone relies on and takes comfort in their privilege. I watch Michael on and don't think for a second he assumes anything is coming his way due to his privilege.

Terrance on the other hand, that's privilege at play, and it's ugly.

K9lover1

07-04-2005

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send K9lover1 a private message Print Post    
I like Taylor early on, but after her HOH reign I’m not keen on her anymore.

Bamagirl

08-26-2012

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bamagirl a private message Print Post    
Watching Michael on the slip and slide he took the cup and was measuring. Which made him go for the little cup. No one else even thought of that. Yes, he has studied this game and good for him!