TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 30, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2022: General Discussion: Live Feed Discussion Thread: ARCHIVES: Archives for August 30 - September 4: Archive through August 30, 2022 users admin

Lucas

07-01-2005

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lucas a private message Print Post    
Like everyone, I've dealt with people through work who've expressed sexist/racist comments. I've told them how I feel and not to discuss that in front of me. If it stops, I try to let it go.

But.. if they were threatening to get me fired, I'd say something for sure.

It's human nature for many to not want to discuss distasteful comments until they feel they have to. I can totally understand that.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well said, Lucas. Both he and Brittany told him to his face not to go that way, and they wouldn't be with him. They did take a stand. They chose not to tell others at the time, but when they had given him the benefit of the doubt (grace) but then he came gunning for them? And wanted two POC on the block? All bets were off.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Yes, Earth!

Bamagirl

08-26-2012

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bamagirl a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, you're right, they did give him a chance and Kyle couldn't let it go. Once Michael thought Taylor/Monte might be the target, they spoke up.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
And as Keldogg always said, they are playing a game in a parking lot. She said it better, but you get it. :-)

Christiii

07-07-2005

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christiii a private message Print Post    
It's kind of the same as Taylors bullying. A lot of people were upset, but it took Turner calling it out before people really acknowledge d it. No one said anything at the first sign of bullying, the house is under a microscope and people are being very cautious on what they say, and how it will be portrayed.

Even if they hadn't said anything about Kyle, it would have been in the media when they got out. #KKKyle has been a hashtag for several weeks. I think if they hadn't said anything, they would feel awful, see I g hour the outside clocked his behavior. I guess his social media was problematic way before any of this started.

Seeing Kyle now try and play the wounded puppy victim is gross...he is crying because he got CAUGHT and hes scared about his social media reputation out of the house. That's how he makes his $$

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I tried to ignore all the pre-season information. I just wanted to see him in the house before passing judgement. Was pleasantly surprised to see none of that in him. I still feel he comes from a place of ignorance, not hate.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
I have a question. Did anyone else hear or read that Kyle said he had never interacted with Black people before coming to BB?

That is what I am going off in giving him some grace. IF HE learns and grows. He can not do that in his parents basement.

If he is a product of his environment and upbringing, he needs to consciously break out of that.

I know he is a 30 year old man. And I do not condone any of what he has said or was doing.

But I do wonder. I have to believe, for me, he will learn and grow from this.

Now get him out of my game and on to the rest of his journey. It is all on him now.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
We will also see the temptation of money when he gets out and where his true character lies. In today’s political environment many people will want a new poster child to spew hatred.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I agree, Mama.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Just to be clear so there is no confusion, I am not at all blaming Michael for telling people about what Kyle said. I'm just disappointed that it took him so long and that he waited until it was advantageous to himself. That's not okay and it is not a good way to be.

I can't cheer for someone who does that or for Brittany either. At this point, I'll only be happy if Taylor or Monte win this season.

Earthmother

07-13-2002

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Earthmother a private message Print Post    
Love, Monte and Taylor. Hopefully Kyle's apology tour is over, and we don't have to have him continuing the drama tomorrow. I'd like to see a nice day tomorrow.

Bamagirl

08-26-2012

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bamagirl a private message Print Post    
Mama, someone posted a picture of Kyle with a black woman and others. Not sure what the picture was about, but she was saying that Kyle has been around black people.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
After today, I too only want to see Monte or Taylor win!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I get it, Jimmer.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
Thanks Bamagirl. I do not know why I thought he had said he never interacted with Black people.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I’m just watching the chess game at this point.

Earthmother

07-13-2002

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Earthmother a private message Print Post    
Mama, I do agree they are awesome people. I would be so proud of them if I was there family. They handled this whole thing with so much grace. I also love Brit and Michael, I think they were put in a very bad situation. If they hadn't gone that extra step and warned him, I'd be upset with them, but they did try and help him.

Lucas

07-01-2005

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lucas a private message Print Post    
We also don't know what the DR asked Michael and Brit not to talk about. It's clear from the feeds, and how often they are switched off conversations, that the producers have NOT wanted this issue seen.

Now, maybe it's so they can exploit it on the show, or maybe it's because they don't want any hint of racism connected to the show. They certainly tried to make Season 15 disappear.

I think Michael, Brit and Kyle were all asked not to discuss the issue, for sure whenever it was brought up, the feeds moved from it pretty darned quickly.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don't understand why people keep making excuses for Michael. If you see racism happening but only take action when it benefits you then that's wrong. Why is that hard to understand?

Earthmother

07-13-2002

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Earthmother a private message Print Post    
Kyle is a salesman and Tic Toc is his side gig. As a salesman I can't imagine he hasn't had contact with some black clients or co workers. This behavior is why some don't want true history taught in schools. The ugly needs to be brought out not covered up.

I agree Rieann some will turn Kyle into some kind of martyr. We know given what have lived these last few years that the hate is strong.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
This next HOH will be interesting!!

Lucas

07-01-2005

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lucas a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I think we disagree because I feel Michael did take action. He addressed it directly with Kyle, and we also know it was discussed with Michael in the DR.

I'm not sure what you expected him to do, have a house meeting? We've seen on this form for the past week that, even when Kyle admits his comments were based on race, many don't see it.

Kyle's words were subtle and 'coded' they were not direct or aggressive. This type of racism is so HARD to confront and deal with.

The country can't seem to agree or find a way to move forward, why would we expect BB to do so.

I whole heartedly believe, given what we have seen, that if Kyle had done something overtly racist, Michael and Brit would not have let it pass.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, Taylor and Monte are talking about this right now. Taylor just explained why she is not mad at Michael and Brittany. If you did not hear it, try and wind back.

Earthmother

07-13-2002

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Earthmother a private message Print Post    
Jimmer I agree that Michael or Brit could have told Taylor, and asked her advice as to how to handle the information. They are close to her and I love that she understands why they didn't say anything until they were sure. She gets it. That's why I love her, she is not judgmental, she thinks rationally. This is exactly what many of us have been saying. Kyle would have just said "they are lying". He said she said is never a winning argument.