TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 10, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2017: General Discussion: News articles outside the house: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 10, 2017 users admin

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I guess it depends on if anyone went and complained to BB. As far as I know, they didn't.

I'm amazed at how they haven't said anything to Alex about constantly hitting Jason with that stick. One day he is going to turn around and hit her back. But, since he hasn't complained, I guess it's ok for her to do it.

Ark

07-09-2001

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
Lost, I think that's the point of TMZ focusing on it. They're pointing out a double standard in our society to give women a pass when men get vilified.

Ark

07-09-2001

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
Support for your theory Lost.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Well those videos calling her out as a sexual predator doesn't shine her in a good light

Looky_lou

05-07-2011

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Looky_lou a private message Print Post    
My problem with it is that you can't have it both ways. You can't laugh and kid about something several people are doing only to decide a week or two later that it's sexual assault, but only by one of them involved, because now you want to use it as strategy to get Cody to hit someone and get thrown out. To me, that's the double standard.

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
Do we know that Jessica was the one to start it?

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Grooch they have called Alex out for hitting Jason, but she keeps doing it. I guess if Jason went to production and complained they'd do more but he won't. Also just because Jess may have did the poking first doesn't excuse the others for doing the same. Evidently ON BB it's okay for the guys to do it too, so I don't see any double standard in this case. Both sexes are guilty of the same offense. I guess it boils down to who you like and dislike the most as who is guilty.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Evidently ON BB it's okay for the guys to do it too, so I don't see any double standard in this case.

Except (unless I'm wrong) the men don't do it to the women. That would be unacceptable and that is the double standard.

Calimom3

07-12-2007

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calimom3 a private message Print Post    
During Jason/Kev's walk the other day, Jason was expressing his opinion about Alex. He said something like: I just love that girl, she is exactly like my wife. Not in looks, but that spitfire. She has drive/ambition, she's a go-getter.
He never complained about the hitting, which would bother me, but he also talks crap/name-calls to her and they both laugh all the time. I think they are great friends who accept each other just as they are. My friends better not ever hit me!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well I guess that is fair enough. The main point is that Jason isn't bothered by her hitting him.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Jimmer Matt playfully hit Jess in her vagina so yeah a guy has done stuff to a girl. Most of them was doing stuff playfully and Alex was the only one upset at the time. It was only later when they were dogging Jody did anyone talk about being upset.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
I think along the double standard line of thinking, some guys might be embarrassed to complain about a girl touching them or hitting them with a stick.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well I know Paul told her to stop, so someone has said no to her face.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Did she continue poking him? Did he make a complaint to production. Someone should have made a formal complaint and had BB nip it in the bud.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Remember there is the fear of becoming a target... Like the woman who nicely rejected stalker Caleb and he basically got her evicted.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
None of them would target Paul for making a complaint.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
In this old woman's opinion there has been lots of inappropriate behavior in BB house especially this season. Elena comes to mind but this group seems to accept this type of behavior and most have discussed their sexual activities while in the house, in the open, on camera.

Anyone sticking hands,fingers in someone elses butt crack (someone they are not currently sleeping with) is most certainly inappropriate whether anyone complains or not.

I see what goes on between Jason and Alix more like brother sister stuff than actual abuse or harassment and they both keep coming back for more.
But I find lots of things disgusting...pants that hang down so that underwear shows, thong underwear showing above pants, purple/blue hair, nose and lip rings....I could go on and on But I realize that is just me and everyone has a right to be disgusting if they choose....lol

Scubalass

07-01-2004

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scubalass a private message Print Post    
What is disgusting and what crosses the line?

As another old lady I was shocked on the first day of feeds to see Jessica feeling mens genitals without permission.

If a man had put has hand to squeeze or feel Jessica's vagina they would have been out of the house. Elena was another girl who was been feeling and touching and remarking on size.

There seems to me to be a disparity between what we allow the men to do (Frank slapping DaVonne's bum was an outrage) and what we just laugh at when the females do it

I don't see any of the men running to DR to say he was sexually abused but that is exactly in my old mind what it is.

I worry for our teenagers who may see the women as role models.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Scuba I agree with you but Matt did slap Jess's vagina. I feel like BB is becoming more like Real World and I quit watching that show years ago. This kind of behavior may be the norm for some younger people but I would be appalled if my granddaughters behaved this way.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
BB is on WBFSH in Miami/Dade So.FL tonight at 9 pm.
Comcast channel 436

Jeff33

07-05-2009

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeff33 a private message Print Post    
It looks like Jeff Schroeder is done with Big Brother.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXofva4gx77/

Looky_lou

05-07-2011

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Looky_lou a private message Print Post    
I've been pretty disgusted by all the sexual activity in the house this year too. I don't know if it's been talked about, but one night when Raven was "servicing" Matt, he gave a thumbs up to the camera. He seemed very aware of the fact that he was being watched and was putting on a show. Even the girls I had high hopes for being strong and independent like Alex and Xmas are running around showing major cleavage and flirting and snuggling with a married man. Maybe I'm just getting too old for this show.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/daily-blast-live-launch-date-and-hosts-announced/192390

Jeff's new gig.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Jessica's Q&A from-
http://jokersupdates.com

I'm here to answer questions for you live feeders.

My first question is: How are you feeling at this moment?
Um, I already miss Cody - I'm praying for his sanity in the house. There's a lot of crazies in there, and I lost my mind, so.. I hope he doesn't. Um, *says sweetly: I wanna punch Alex in the face for his goodbye message. I think she's a brat and completely inappropriate, but.. hopefully she's answers for that later. Um, and nervous to be out in the real world again. Hopefully my behavior in the house was well received, and we'll see, idk..

Q: Tell us what happened, why do you think you're here right now.
Um, I think that.. Cody made a mistake in his HOH - and he nominated two people that he would've never had the support to evict at that point in time. And because of that, he was never really forgiven.. and the reason he wasn't forgiven was because he's a strong player. And because he wasn't forgiven, I'm obviously a target as well.. And a lot of people just joined forces to, uh, take us out. And it honestly did just take the entire house and half the season, so I'm flattered by that. But um, I wish circumstances were different, and we had lasted longer.

Q: Were you surprised by the way the votes went tonight?
Absolutely not, I don't expect anyone in that house to do something for me. Cody and I have been saying for weeks now - If we can't do it ourselves, no1s gonna give it to us - we gotta take it. So, uh - I had the opportunity to fight for veto and that was really important, and I felt like I was really close and unfortunately I didn't pull out the win. So, I knew what my path was gonna be this week.

Q: Were you worried when Josh won HOH this week?
Um, I don't think it mattered WHO won HOH, to be honest. I think that Cody and I would continue to be the target, every single week, because that's the only thing in this house that people are focused on. Um, so honestly I don't think it mattered who won.

Q: Did you think you were his target before nominations?
100%. I DO believe I was his target, and I made sure that I, uh, lost the temptation competition so that I wouldn't have the opportunity to be backdoored. Um, I wanted to fight for veto, and see if I could save myself. Because again, no one was gonna save me in this game.

Q: Did you know Elena was really who Josh wanted out?
No I don't, and that statement still doesn't make sense to me.. because Christmas, one of Josh's closest allies, used her temptation to ensure that Cody didn't play for my safety, for the veto. So, that's a little bizarre to me.. If I wasn't the target, Idk why she'd use the temptation to eliminate me, instead of protect herself later on in the game. Um, so, even if I wasn't Josh's target, I don't really know how he thought the votes were going to go today.

Q: Was the temptation competition really that scary?
Umm.. Yes, and no. I knew I needed to throw the competition. Initially I was gonna run and look for as many wrong objects as I could, to throw in the box, to get the highest possible time... But then I WAS really scared, and just said forget it to the wrong objects, and just decided to max out my time. ANd I was really hoping that no one figured out what Cody and I were planning that week. And idk if people STILL have any idea if that was completely intentional, but *shrugs shoulders*

Q: How were you feeling after you became the temptation nom?
Um, it was according to plan. Cody won the temptation, I lost the temptation. Again.. the house made it clear weeks ago that if Cody and I were going to be eliminated, we were going to be backdoored. So when I was the temptation nom, I was happy. I was able to take away Josh's ability to nominate me. Um, so I essentially stripped away his power as HOH to nominate me. He didn't win veto, so I didn't have to ask him to use the veto on me. And he didn't get a vote for eviction, so... *smiles* in my mind, Josh didn't really take me out.

Q: As a BB fan, were you excited to get to play in the OTEV competition?
The OTEV competition was SO MUCH FUN! He was essentially an exorcist, and that was really sick. I got to slide down into a pool of gunk, that was way deeper than I anticipated, so I probably drowned a couple times - because I just didn't know it was gonna be that deep. Um, and I honestly was seeing black in that moment, because it was do or die. And, just thinking back to how close I was to beating Mark to that finally stump, and then seeing eeveryone struggle with the answers just drives me crazy. I'm a huge BB fan - OTEV is legendary to me - I loved that I got to be a part of it. I really think that I could've one that. It was really just that one round, and they found that #3 so quick, so that sucks.

Q: You almost beat Mark. Were you worried after Mark won OTEV?
You know, I just really like Mark, I think he's amazing - And I knew that if I won veto, Mark was probably going to be the one to go home. And if not, it was gonna be Elena - and those are two of the closest people to me in the house. So, watching either of them go home this week, would've been very difficult.

Q: Do you think Mark would've went home if he hadn't won veto, or were you sure it was gonna be you?
*laughs* Um, yeh. I think that if Mark stayed OTB next to me, then maybe... He's had some discrepancies with some people in the house. Um, so, it might've been another target that would've spread across the votes this eviction, so idk...

Q: What do you think about showmances?
*laughs* Oh God, well.. Cody and I aren't a showmance, because we did not do it for the cameras - like Raven and Matt do - um, we do genuinely care about each other and I am.. I mean, if it's going to lead to real romance, then I'm completely for it.

Q: Do you think being in a showmance with Cody hurt your game this season?
Um *chuckles* I think I'd be ignorant to say no. I was initially hoping, because there were other couples in the house, and we did have a 9% alliance, and once that got down to jury or whatever, those couples would have each other's backs. Unfortunately I didn't anticipate some of the moves Cody was gonna make in the game, so it did change eeeverything gamewise so... Yeh it hurt, but I did have a good partner through the season, so.

Q: How do you think Cody will do without you in the house? Who will he align with right now?
I pray that Cody does great in the house. I hope he's not completely isolated. I hope that people have some hearts in the house. Uh, not counting my prayers on that one. And as far as who he will align with, I just hope that he doesn't trust anybody. I just hope the knows that no one in this house is going to help him, and he's gotta do it for himself.

Q: Will you continue your relationship with Cody outside of the house?
100%. NOt a doubt in my mind. As soon as he is outta the house we will be back together once again.

Q: Besides Cody, who do you want to see go far in the game?
Elena... Elena, Kevin, Mark... There's a lot of stuff in game that I don't think I agreed with. Like when someone was a target, Paul would say 'Don't speak to them all week'. I really don't think that that's necessary. It IS a game.. this is our living environment for three months.. so I don't think that anyone should ever feel completely isolated. And there are ppl in the house, like Mark and Elena, Kevin, Jason, who don't like the way that that game is being played. And I hope that more people stand up for that and don't expect that as a norm every week.

Q: Who do you think is running the house?
Paul!! Listen.. I think Paul's great - I loved him in his season - and I think as a viewer I would like him this season... But I'm hear to play a game - Paul is the biggest competition in the house right now. Idk how you could even get Paul out - he's aligned himself with everyone in the house, and he's put himself in a really great position. So kudos to gameplay, but as for someone playing against him - I'd love to see someone take him out.

Q: Who's playing the best game?
Um, Paul. Elena WAS playing a really amazing social, and unfortunately her relationship with me and Cody did damage to that. SO it sucks. But she did have a really phenomenal social game for the first part of the season. But Paul's puppeteering the house right now.

Q: Would you do anything different if you could do it all over again?
Umm... When Cody and I started this season, even though we were starting to develop feelings for each other, we decided we were going to keep our emotions out of it and play separate games. And I wish we had just aligned our games right from the get-go. Because we were a great force, and I think with my knowledge of the game, we could've made some better moves strategically.

Final Q: Any last words for your fans out there?
Um... I really hope that everything in the real world is going great. And I'm really looking forward to interacting with people, on a positive note, not a negative note. So if you have positivity, you can throw it my way, and I will be glad to respond.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Thank you Lost,
that was a great interview. She's very articulate and very to the point. Didn't say anything that sounded wrong, at least to me. She just nailed it!