TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 29, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2012: General Discussions: Archive through October 29, 2012 users admin

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, October 21, 2012 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Yea, they were always quite surprised, not just by the people nominated but the reasons given, some of which were not very fair or accurate.

The family nominations, shown to the housemates, are pretty much the first and only outside information they get as to how they are being shown and perceived to the viewers. One family member with an unfair grudge against a particular housemate can cause all kinds of drama.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Monday, October 22, 2012 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
The nominations are in but the episode isn't up yet. I read the results. Won't give them away. But the HMs had to nom one person for 4 points while their loved one walked in the chamber and nommed one person for 1 point. Then Layla had the super power and was able to nom in the DR with her dad while looking at the tally board. She could use up 5 points in any way with her dad's help. There are 3 people up for eviction. And I am happy with who 2 of them are.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, October 22, 2012 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Wk 8: Layla 21.6%, Ben 20.8%, Estelle 20.1%, Zoe 15.5%, Sam 11.4%, Angie 10.6%

Angie has lost a lot of votes since the last two times she was up against Estelle and beat her quite conclusively.

I know they said "in no particular order" but it seems a little bit misleading to announce Sam in the first group of safe, not Estelle. And Zoe is now going to be depressed and paranoid that the outside world hates her.

I'm surprised Layla is more liked than Ben, as Ben gets such huge cheers from the audience. I like Layla a lot early on but she is beginning to annoy me now with the dumb and overdramatic act.

Also surprised that Angie still thinks Layla is her best friend, enough to give her the superpower. They rowed all the time but I'd have thought Estelle was closer to her than Layla.

Also to note: this was the LAST superpower to be given this season. I guess they think it's too much of an unfair advantage when there are fewer housemates left.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, October 22, 2012 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Its the last superpower because its the last nominations.

I assume everyone will be up next week, which is the final week.

Maybe there will be multiple evictions in the final week before the finale?

Its good to finally see Ben and STacy up together.

The outcome could go any way, as Estelle had only about 0.7% less votes than Ben yesterday.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, October 22, 2012 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I had no idea it was so close to the end! Seems like there are so many in the house. How many are nominated, enough for a double? There are seven left now, so I guess there are several options on double/not double evictions.

This week's tv schedule has
Mon 1.5 hrs (the nomination show)
Tue 1 hour
Wed 1.5 hrs (something strange going on??)
Thu 1 hour (+ 0.5 hr Confidential)
Fri 0.5 hr
Sun 1 hour
Mon 1.5 hrs (would have been a nomination show)

I think that Wednesday episode is longer than normal and next Monday is long if there are no more nominations.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, October 22, 2012 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Saw that it's Ben, Stacey and Estelle. I'm pretty convinced Stacey will go (by a big margin). If it's a double I don't know, it's going to be close.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 12:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I thought that Ben as the tooth fairy was one of the funniest moments in the house. I think Ben and Stacey keep things lively, I hope they don't go. I don't understand why Estelle has been saved so many times, she's not interesting, so I hope she goes. But, I think BB wants her to stay, for whatever reason, so, it might very well be Stacey, but I hope not.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Stacey really grates on me and some of her "fun" things border on cruel to me (like mocking people when they're talking). I think the vote is essentially (Ben+Stacey) vs Estelle, and if Ben and Stacey split that vote then Ben wins hands down.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Here's how the nominations went:

Each housemate nominates one person for 4pts, their loved ones nominates their other person, for 1pt. The hms have to ignore their loved ones even while nominating or fail the weekly task.

Zoe: Stacey 4pts (attention seeker, doesn't give others time to speak)
Zoe's mum: Sam 1pt (threat, under Zoe in last night's eviction so more likely to go if up against her)

Michael: Estelle 4pts (making strategic alliances with Layla and Sam against Ben
Michael's friend: Layla 1pt (disconnected from old friends, directed by Sam, sense of entitlement)

Stacey: Estelle 4pts (least in common, condescending, flirts)
Stacey's boyfriend: Sam 1pt (easier to beat vote against him than Ben or Michael)

Estelle: Benjamin 4pts (instigator behind nasty things, needs to be less reckless)
Estelle's friend: Michael 1pt (big influence over house, put Estelle on the outside)

Benjamin: Sam 4pts (strategy, likeable, Layla romance = strong competition)
Benjamin's mum: Layla 1pt (influenced by Sam, affects relationship with Ben)

Sam: Benjamin 4pts (strategy, threat, big player needs to be eliminated)
Sam's mum: Stacey 1pt (flying under radar, hasn't been up for eviction)

Current tallyboard, before Layla's vote is this:

Benjamin, Estelle 8pts
Sam 6
Stacey 5
Layla 2
Michael 1
Zoe 0

Layla has the superpower, gets to see current tallyboard, she has five points and can nominate 3/2, 4/1 or all 5 to one housemate. Dad cannot give info from outside world but can help in the decision. She wants to save Sam.

Layla and Layla's dad: Stacey 3pts (popular, threat), Benjamin 2pts (not been getting along with him)

Benjamin 10pts
Estelle, Stacey 8

Sam 6
Layla 2
Michael 1
Zoe 0

Some of the loved ones seemed to be thinking short term, i.e. who their person can beat in this vote, not who their person could beat at the end. E.g. if Stacey's bf thinks Ben or Michael would beat her at the end, he should have tried to put them up now to get them out before the final. Generally I think they made sensible choices though.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
They could very well have 6 people left in the final.

I doubt there will be a double eviction with only 3 people up. That wouldn't really be fair.

Past seasons I think have had 5 people left in the finals.

with just 1 point to nominate they may as well have not even bothered.

Those single points made absolutely zero difference anyway.

I wish that they had actually copied UK with the friends and family nominations, where they do all the nominations and they are shown to all the housemates.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I agree, Flagg. Those 1-pt nominations were useless. The UK version was better.

I'm surprised at how Ben's being such a baby over being nominated.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
The friends and family may have put up Sam if Layla hadn't had the superpower, but as it turned out they made precisely zero impact on the nominations.

The only good thing was the single noms for the housemates prevented them from targetting more people with their group voting.
Also, compared to the UK version of this task, Australia has failed utterly. So they parade through a bunch of fat guys and one hot girl to annoy the housemates. Boring, and the housemates suck at ignoring them and should definitely fail.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
I would have liked to have seen it as the family member nominated first and could use as many of the points as they would like for one person (up to 4) it would have been interesting to see which family took 4 versus those that took 1 allowing the house mate more power

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm a bit suspicious about Estelle "spooning" Michael. She does always seem to be attracted to the popular people. Might be innocent/coincidence but I just always get the feeling with her that I'm being manipulated.

Look's like Wednesday's show wasn't 1.5hrs as billed, it was one hour then half hour Little Sis. I've yet to find a reliable or long term (beyond a week) tv guide for Australia. I did confirm though that the finale is November 4th, which is the Sunday after this one.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Friday, October 26, 2012 - 1:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I agree about Estelle, all of a sudden she wants to spoon Michael, true, maybe innocent, but also, maybe part of her game plan. It's a game, that's fine, but I hope she goes, bc I'd like to see Ben and Stacey stay to the end.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, October 26, 2012 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'd rather Estelle went too. It'll be very interesting to see the percentages, Stacey is untested.

I thought over the whole week BB did pretty well with the "ignore the obvious" task. Some of them were really funny, like the Michael double. I'm glad BB failed them, there was hardly one they actually ignored.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, October 28, 2012 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
No surprise here with the evictee, though I was a bit surprised at the final percentages.

Sonia told them it was the highest volume of votes placed this year and any other week the loser this week would have had plenty of votes to be safe.

Estelle was highest with 46% of the votes.
The next in line had only 30% so Estelle had more than 1.5 times as many votes as the second position

If it keeps up then she will probably win.

As for Michael and Estelle, I dont blame her much as Michael has admitted he is getting close to her only for strategy to keep him in the house.

I hope Estelle does win, so all the others who have nominated her week after week have to see her win over them.

Its pretty obvious now why production keep Estelle in the house.
More votes than ever before and almost half to save Estelle.

So Estelle in the house and nominated equals more money for the show.

This is why votes should be free like most US reality shows with viewer voting.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, October 28, 2012 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Actually it is probably pretty much guaranteed that Estelle will win the show, unless the vote volumes have been ridiculously low all season and pick up a lot for the finals.

Estelle has been saved seven out of nine weeks this season. Those voters are going to stick with her for the final. Nobody else has anything close to that kind of voter loyalty or record, and everybody has been up now.

I guess the only possibility is Layla as she did beat out Estelle last week by a percent or so, but I think Estelle will still pull ahead and win it.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Sunday, October 28, 2012 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
Being nommed so many times has actually helped Estelle. She has built up a fanbase that wants to vote for her. Stacey was a big unknown. But I expected Benjamin and Stacey to split votes with her on the losing end. So I was not surprised with the eviction or the vote percentages.

I think Sam and Zoe have the least chance of winning. Benjamin probably won't win either. But at least he might get Stacey's voters now. I do think Estelle, Layla and Michael might get alot of votes.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Sunday, October 28, 2012 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I'm glad Estelle was safe, but I think the editing will have a huge impact on the final votes, so she may not win.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, October 28, 2012 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Estelle has been getting a mostly positive edit all season, plus recent boosts like the "moral dilemma", 2 times in the nice corner, BB naming her "the nicest housemate" and interraction with Surly that have all been outright voter manipulation.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Sunday, October 28, 2012 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
Yes, this last week it will be interesting to figure who BB wants to win. They will certainly give their fave the best edit.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, October 29, 2012 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Great episode tonight, though I think they went especially easy on some of them, like Zoe.

Everyone took the deal so everyone was shown their footage from home, etc and all the housemates saw everyone's "secrets", at least what BB deemed to show in 30 seconds or so.

Out of all of them I think Estelle once again came out looking the best. She really had nothing bad shown about her other than nominations which really cant be considered bad anyway.

The highlights from yesterday showed everyone else once again going on about Estelle while she was in the DR. They all seem to have agreed that its not worth going on about her so much, even though thats what they were doing once again.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, October 29, 2012 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
They also announced 1 eviction Sunday, 2 on Monday, so 3 left for the finale on Wednesday.

My guess is Sam on Sunday, Ben and Zoe on Monday, leaving Miohael, Layla and Estelle for the finale with Estelle winning.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, October 29, 2012 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
BB said something like "the person with the least votes would have been safe in any other week," how can they say that if she wasn't up for eviction??

Wk9: Estelle 46%, Ben 30%, Stacey 24%

I guess in this case there could be a clear Ben+Stacey vs Estelle, but I'm still a bit surprised Estelle had so many votes. I really hope Estelle doesn't win.

Flagg, so they're in there for another week and a half? Just the other day they had the final on the schedule for Sunday. Maybe ratings are good!