TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 21, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2012: General Discussions: Archive through October 21, 2012 users admin

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Strange superpower this week.
Michael was able to cancel one person's noms and replace them with a double of his own nominations.

He was safe already but didn't know it.
In trying to protect himself and Ben, he cancelled Estelle and ended up saving Stacy and putting up Ben who was previously safe.

Noms are Layla, Zoe, Ben, Angie, Estelle, Sam.

As predicted, all of the "cool" group ganged up on Layla. She had the most points at 15

Single eviction on Sunday.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
And immediately after discovering this fact, the demonizing of Layla begins with Michael, Stacy, Zoe and Ben

Flagg, see my post of Oct. 11th, where I responded to Lake_gal mentioning Ben being star struck by Layla. That's how they do it. They call attention to their victim thereby all voting for the same person and skirting the rules.

Shame on Layla for letting them turn her against her real friend in the house, Angie.

How I wish Stacey was up and out. Anyone think there is a chance Zoe or Ben might go this week?

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
It could very easily be Ben or Zoe.

It depends somewhat on what kind of edit everybody gets this week. Also the degree to which the voters are fed up with the group voting and the group that has kept themselves safe all season.

With 6 people up to split up the votes, it could go any way at all.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 12:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
A NEW Show is Coming Soon … Big Brother's Little Sister

half hour Wednesday night show - 3 shows on Wed & none on Sat. or is it replacing the Confidential show hmmmm - neither of the "extra" shows are listed on tomorrow's ch9 schedule.

http://www.bigbrother.com.au/news/8547590/a-new-show-is-coming-soon-big-brothers-little-sister

per host Sonia - next week last nomination - HM won't be the only one's nominating

I assume the "Josh tribute show" was to be a time filler for the cancelled tasks, noms, evictions.

I am glad that the nominated ones stayed on the block but even more glad that 3 more are joining them.

I thought Josh having a superpower to give was tacky & Michael actually got a double whammy - canceling a vote & replacing it with his.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
No way should Josh have been able to give Michael a superpower. The superpower should have been omitted or one of the three nominees should have gotten it and they shouldn't still be nominated.

If the new three were the only nominees, what a great week that would have been. It's what the kids who think they're cool deserve.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I wish BB could do something about people being nommed week after week, like giving an HM a week of immunity after they've been up twice.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I really think Michael and Benjamin should be given a strike. That group sits and more or less says who they are nomming and who they did nominate. But they are careful how they phrase it. But they all know what they are meaning. Of course BB is never going to give Michael another strike. He would be booted if he got 3. And BB does love Michael. Josh leaving has really made Michael unlikeable to me. He now spends all his time with Benjamin gossiping and being nasty and acting superiour. I am glad that in trying to save Benjamin Michael got him nommed. Although I would love to have had Stacey up on the block. I hope that next noms they all nominate Stacey because she is the only one never to be nommed.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Puzzled, to be fair BB should have not left the three peeps who were already nommed the week before still up for eviction, nor should they have been eligible for voting.

The only people up for eviction this week should be Layla, Ben and Zoe.

I would absolutely love this season if Michael (the self-professed genius) were to be evicted by 3 strikes from Big Brother. How awesome would that be?

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I agree, Cricket--on both counts. If Michael's such a genius, how did he get two strikes? I'm tired of him running around with his belly hanging out and his butt crack showing. What's that all about?

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Puzzled, his butt crack has been annoying me from Day One of this season. He alluded to the fact that he might not be as good looking as some of the other guys in the house and I couldn't help but think he could look better if he tried one little bit, but he always looks so unkempt and messy.

Big Brother seems to favor him and that's not right.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I really think letting Michael be the first person in the house made him feel like it is his house. He was there to welcome everyone else in. He had this feeling intruders were not welcome. He wants to be in charge. And BB has fed into that feeling Michael has by often giving him the lead position.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
You make an excellent point, Lake_gal. I had forgotten about that. The 'clique' all look up to Michael.

I really like Sam, especially like that he sees right through the 'fake' people who call others fake. I hope he stays.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
I don't know his choosing the money over Layla might hurt him, it usually does. People will tend to vote for a love story over anything else. I am finding I am disliking the people who are cool like Stacey, Michael and Ben. I actually feel bad for Angie cause after Ava came in the whole house started to turn on her.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 11:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I really hope Benjamin or Zoe leave this week. But I doubt I will get that lucky. My dislike for the Cool Kids is really starting to ruin the show for me. They are so mean and gossipy. Ben acts condescending to everyone when he talks down to them.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, October 19, 2012 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I am about to do a marathon catchup of this week's shows. I presume from what you've all said that the Sunday Josh show wasn't worth watching, please let me know if you think it is.

It'll be an interesting vote with the extras up. I'm going to do the nomination tally when I get to it, I know it's old news by now and I apologise for repeating what some of you have already posted!

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Friday, October 19, 2012 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I don't think the Sunday show is worth watching, unless you've got absolutely nothing else to do.

I wish that Michael and Stacey were up, but since they're not, I'd like to see Ben go. That so-called cool group needs splitting up. I'm so sick of the lame and mean reasons they use to tear people down.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, October 19, 2012 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think Ben, Layla and Zoe are all safe, and it'll be one of the usual nominees going. There are enough people up that it's hard for fans/unfans to target one person to go, so it's going to be about popularity and think the main gang are more popular with voters than the outcasts.

I think Stacey could have been in danger, but she's not up!

Interesting how the main group had a little session slagging off Layla just before noms, once they knew they could be nommed! And Stacey and Zoe self-protectively deciding they would be happy if they went is pretty classic BB.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, October 19, 2012 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Estelle, Angie and Sam are automatically nominated this week, but will nominate as usual.

Michael, Stacey, Zoe, Benjamin, Layla are the only ones who can be voted for this week, three of them will be added to E, A & S so at least six up for eviction.

Michael has the superpower. Here's the tally.

Benjamin: Layla 4pts (just cleans, makes out with Sam, not available), Zoe (strategy, strongest chance of winning)

Angie: Zoe 3pts (strategy, relatable to outside world), Layla 2pts (similar to voters, might split vote)

Zoe: Stacey 3pts (talks, loud, thrives off attention), Layla 2pts (under radar, some of Layla is hidden)

Stacey: Layla 3pts (moody, puts herself down), Michael 2pts (closed to learning from others)

Sam: Benjamin 3pts (tactical, strongest person in house so biggest threat), Zoe 2pts (weakest, protected by alliance)

Michael: Layla 2pts (overcompetitive, expects things outside), Zoe 3pts (uses him as brunt for her anger, frustration)
[Michael has the superpower, but at this point does not know what the power is.]

Layla: Benjamin 3pts (strategy, personality takes over, threat), Stacey 2pts (strategy, battles to put her personality forward)

Estelle: Stacey 4pts (jokes are at expense of others), Michael 1pt (moved to new group, put up facade)

At this point the tally is
Layla 13pts
Stacey, Zoe 9
Benjamin 6
Michael 3

Michael's "copycat" superpower is revealed. He can pick one housemate, cancel their noms and replace them with a copy of his noms. He does not get to see the tally board. He takes away Estelle's nominations (Stacey 4pts, Michael 1pt) and replaces them with his own (Zoe 3pts, Layla 2pts).

Angie, Estelle, Sam are already nominated
Layla 15pts
Zoe 12
Benjamin 6

Stacey 5
Michael 2

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, October 19, 2012 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Boring task this week, not much happening the past few episodes.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Saturday, October 20, 2012 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Just watching fridays show, and once again we are witness to yet more blatant voter manipulation by the producers.

The show starts with everyone talking about how Ben has been slagging off Estell (as usual) behind her back.
Ben, Stacy and Michael are even shown strategizing with Ben where he is discussing how he needs to make peace with Estelle and be nice to her, obviously to save his own butt with the voters.
Estelle is called to the DR and given a "moral dilemma". SHe can listen to ger favorite song once in the DR with nobody knowing, or she can give Ben an ipod with 1 hour of his favorite Kylie Minogue and Madonna music.

Of course she reluctantly proves herself the better person and gives Ben the reward.

Ben looks like more of a jerk and Estelle gains more sympathy from the voters.

Now of course Id rather see Ben go than anybody else but I really hate to see this kind of manipulation from production.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, October 20, 2012 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They do seem to want save Estelle. I noticed though that they did point out that she took all the honey then hid the bottle, after basically telling Angie she couldn't have any. Otherwise it was all Estelle-is-so-misunderstood. I don't think she's a bad person but she doesn't seem to be able to understand she doesn't live in a bubble and what she does affects others.

I'm down now to not particularly liking Angie and Estelle, and not liking Stacey much at all. Not sure about Sam, he seems manipulative but I'm on the fence. But I like the rest. Layla is nice but overdramatic, Zoe is nice but soooo down on herself.

I know they're not popular here, but I like Ben and Michael the most. Both are a bundle of insecurity covered up by bravado in their own different ways. I like multidimensional people. I'd like Ben to win.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Sunday, October 21, 2012 - 6:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I just looked at the main BB site and saw the results and who was booted. The most interesting thing is the percentages of the saves.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, October 21, 2012 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
They announced on the eviction show that next week's task is, as usual, another cloned task from UK.
It will be the "Ignore the Obvious" task, which is definitely one of the better tasks and has been done multiple times on BB UK.

They are also copying the "Friends and Family" nominations, also having been done multiple times on BB UK.

So hopefully we will see a bit more of a shakeup with next weeks nominations.

Unless Zoe, Ben, Stacy and Michael's friends and family all collude in their nominations just like thier respective housemates.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Sunday, October 21, 2012 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I doubt the family and friends would get together in their nominations. They have to realize their HMs are going to be splitting votes and it would be in their best interest to get the others they are close to out.

I believe both Michael and Benjamin are losing fans by reading what the public is tweeting. Their mean side is starting to show. I also think Benjamin would lose saves if he was up with Stacey or Michael. Fans would start splitting their votes.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Sunday, October 21, 2012 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
In BB UK, some of the housemates were astounded by the noms their family members/friends made. I hope there'll be some surprises here, too.