TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
9th Episode - May 8

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXVI: 9th Episode - May 8 users admin

"My Precious Cacao"

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

Mexico -> Colombia -> Chile -> Argentina -> Uruguay -> Barbados -> Dominican Republic

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, May 08, 2024 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Tonight's episode is titled "My Precious Cacao".

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 08, 2024 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, thanks ... totally forgot.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 08, 2024 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
These start times not fun like they usually are.
Road block
Who can see the writing on the wall.read and remember petrygraphs?

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, May 08, 2024 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Ricky or Cesar said the title line.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, May 08, 2024 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Still tornado coverage here. Let me know who gets Phileminated.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 08, 2024 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Pick cocoa. Spread slimey seeds
Careful with the spiders.
Then off to a baseball stadium road block
1 person to do trying and 3 other challenges.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 08, 2024 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Off to Phil.
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
fastest Ceasar and Ricky, then Rod and Leticia 2 and Shane and Juan, then angry couple. Out girls

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 08, 2024 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Boats, racing cars wind sind surfing, targets drinks.
I can wind surf!!!!! I can do that for you!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, May 08, 2024 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Did anyone notice...often the racers enthusiastically hug the person that presents them with the clue at the end when successfully completing the task. On the task with the stones with hieroglyphics...no one did that. I imagine they were scared to dislodge a coconut shell or shift the barely there skirt...on the girl! Lol No one touched her

If I had to hit the bottle cap with that stick....I would have been there for hours

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 09, 2024 - 1:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I would have still been there..

Leticia had it easiest (but still lots of running) as Rod did both singles tasks and was able to pull a lot of cacao pods right off the trees.

Anyway, it was all exhausting to watch, so kudos for all of them ...

But uneven cab drivers, wow..

Tiernet

06-07-2004

Thursday, May 09, 2024 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tiernet a private message Print Post    
This season has/is really hard to watch, so I stopped watching about episode 3 and have them recorded. I Dont think I will be going back and watching them at all.

I really hate to say this but it is true for me.

It all boils down to the cast make up. I cant take all the flaming.

Tiernet

06-07-2004

Thursday, May 09, 2024 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tiernet a private message Print Post    
It could be the extended episodes too...

Tiernet

06-07-2004

Thursday, May 09, 2024 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tiernet a private message Print Post    
oh and the challenges have been pretty lame.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, May 09, 2024 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I've really enjoyed this season. so many of the racers are finding so much joy in what they are doing and seeing. i have no idea what you mean by flaming. I'm always sad to see this show end.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 09, 2024 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed this season too... the only drawback is the lack of true world travel, but for the most part I think the contestants are fun.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, May 09, 2024 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I agree -- wish they had travelled to more diverse places. But covid. So, not the usual season.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, May 09, 2024 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I also find this season super boring. I like the teams. My fav is Leticia and Rod. I love their relationship! I saw a pic of their family WOW! all gorgeous!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, May 09, 2024 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Sadiesmom, for the update.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, May 09, 2024 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Ooo Sea...I could not believe the one cab driver! He is driving and saying he doesn't know the destination??? What? Then he seemed peeved when they made him stop to ask directions. Curious if production in the cab made him stop.. because when they were asking him before...he seemed to ignore them. Maybe he was just being difficult and knew where he was going. But heck I wanted to whack him lol I'm hoping the couple discloses more about the situation in an interview after the race

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 09, 2024 - 11:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And he wouldn't let them use his phone..

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 10, 2024 - 3:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm really curious about the logistics of the first roadblock. It appeared that all the racers had a very long run to get to the water yet the next thing we know all their partners are there cheering them on. Then after they completed the roadblock they get the clue and take off with their partners. So were the partners brought up separately by vehicle and was there a shorter way out because none of the partners complained about a long run after completing the task? (I totally obsessed about this last night after watching my recording).

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 10, 2024 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
In my mind, they had to run UP to the start of the water obstacle, and then they jumped, swam and slid their way to the end (which is really below where they started and where their partners were)?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 10, 2024 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think so, Karuuna. There was a lot of up.. and imagine having to keep doing the circuit..

That first jump was pretty high!

As for the partners, maybe they were taken back down by shuttle? Or.... editing?

Would be a good question to ask the couple who went out.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 11, 2024 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Sea, you may have misunderstood. I think everyone was dropped at the END of the task (the exit point), and the participants had to run up to the beginning. So there would be no need to take their partners anywhere?

That's just my conjecture.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, May 11, 2024 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah... that makes sense Karuuna. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how the partners were waiting for them at the end of the task. It never dawned on me that they were all dropped off there and the ones who were doing the roadblock had to run to the beginning.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: