TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 05, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXVI: 8th Episode - May 1st: Archive through May 05, 2024 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 01, 2024 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
On tonight!!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 01, 2024 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Start times
Cesar and Ricky. Angie and Danny 7 40
Rod and leticia. A mber and vinnie 7 55
Juan and Shane. Yvonne and Melissa 8 10

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 01, 2024 - 8:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
First single is road tennis played in traffic.
Next is the childhood home of Rhiana. Next clue at long bay Beach. Hmm a clue to a clue.

Seaweed clearing or fish pot building.
Wow when you lose your crew you lose a lot of time.
I think getting seaweed would be fasyep, after watching the pilots even weaker teams could have do e that fastter. But I am not in race

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, May 01, 2024 - 11:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
At first sight, we said, we would do the seaweed. Seemed like it would be 2 trips (max 3) of overfilled wheelbarrow. Then the pilots proved it was the faster task. Was surprised no one else realized it.

It's always tough when eliminations come from rule aberrations. I would be interested in knowing how long they had to wait for the crew to find them. Had they done the seaweed they might have had to do 4 trips, but I think they would still have made at least 5th place? However, I don't know if the mom could have made it to the end of the race. We will see if there is anything super physical in the finale.

Meanwhile Ricky and Cesar are just amazing!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 02, 2024 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Darn it. It does seem unfair that they were eliminated because the camera crew wasn't following closely enough. And it seemed like it took the crew forever to get to the task location.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, May 02, 2024 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, what a bummer way to go out. But rules are rules I guess. shows how good his navigation was when the followers couldn't get there in good time.

Yes, I feel like the seaweed would have been faster. I know when I rake leaves I fill a garbage can so fast! The running back and forth on the sand would have been tough, but the guys had the right idea of going close to the water where the sand is packed down.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, May 02, 2024 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
that was the most bs way to go out! Worse than a bad cabbie! What a great kid he is! I love their relationship!

Spear

08-05-2001

Thursday, May 02, 2024 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
https://parade.com/tv/the-amazing-race-36-angie-danny-butler-eliminated-interview

Looks like Danny/Angie's crew never arrived at the Detour and the producers weren't really sure what to do.

I remember past teams saying they were told to treat their crew like they were their own kids -- never let them out of your sight!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 02, 2024 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They waited an hour and a half, then got another team that agreed to film them. Their team arrived 30 minutes later.. As least from their RHAP interview with Jessica Liese.

Angie says the next summer she and her daughter went to Ireland, backpacked and drove on the left side of the road.

And I agree.. The seaweed task all the way!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, May 02, 2024 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Oh heck! The crew arrived 2 hours later? I'm surprised the crew and the team don't have some sort of GPS system where they can locate each other immediately. The fact that another crew had to take over...! Seems like something could have functioned better, even if it is the responsibility of the team not to lose the crew. Really sorry Danny and mom had to go out this way.They were so nice.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, May 02, 2024 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yeah, but the pilots were exhausted doing the seaweed. I'm not sure any of the others were physically capable. Maybe the NFL player Rod who had already pushed a Jeep out of the mud, but not his wife. Certainly not Angie or Amber, not Danny, probably not the two women.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 02, 2024 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But at least per Danny and Angie, they made the correct turn and the crew with local drivers made the wrong turn. The teams have a walkie but that didn't work. That morning they had been told that if it was dangerous to pull over and there was a problem they should go to the task and wait for the crew to arrive. They couldn't contact the crew but the crew would have cell phones and other ways to contact production.

It really seems like, since Phil had already told Rod and Letitia that they were safe, that they should have tried to accomodate with a NEL.

Angie and Dannny may be the only team to just accept this situation.

The winners of last season were in the RHAP podcast and said they would have not taken it like this and been thinking lawsuit (which probably wouldn't work with all the contracts they sign..

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 03, 2024 - 3:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I finally watched my recording last night. I'm just speechless at how Danny and Angie went out. I'm not opposed to NEL as much as I am to the U-turns. I can't believe TPTB thought going through the elimination was a good idea. Unless they count on only so many teams after each leg with regard to reserving hotel rooms, airline tickets, car rentals, etc. They may not have been able to accommodate Danny and Angie for the next leg.

Hopefully they are brought back in a future race.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, May 03, 2024 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Wow, an hour and a half and the crew was still not there?! I wonder how long that fish trap took?

I think the pilot were exhausted because they were pushing so hard, making up time. The fish trap obviously took a while and they passed all of those teams except the first place team.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 03, 2024 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They still have the same plane but may have alloted budged for meals and then to have the next tasks set up but should have hustled to work that out.

Plus the finale is in Barbados so they aren't flying anywhere and Danny mentioned that they would be at the final mat with everyone as usual.

And yeah, harder to keep the cameraman close when the race chose those small cars, which is why the teams were side by side instead of having the camera person in the front passenger seat.

And Danny mentioned again on Instagram that Angie did not make the incorrect turn, it was the crew vehicle.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, May 03, 2024 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
What I got from watching the show was that Angie and Danny missed their exit, so went through the roundabout again until they could get off at their correct exit. And it was somewhere in there that they lost their crew. The other cars were honking at them a LOT during that maneuver, so they did something wrong. Those roundabouts with multiple exits are NOT easy for right hand drivers driving lefthand for the first time. Bigdog and I did them in England about six years ago, but we had an excellent GPS which told us to take the second or fourth exit, so we would count them out loud together. It was still very difficult.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, May 04, 2024 - 3:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
And evidently there must not be a street sign anywhere in Barbados. How is it possible that every team needed to stop for directions because they didn't know what street they were on (before the maps got wet)?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 04, 2024 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
My impression was that Angie and Danny were in the wrong lane and may have exited from the wrong lane (which is why all the honking). The crew may not have wanted to do that, or couldn't, so that's why they kept going.... but why the crew, seeing that Angie and Danny exited, didn't just go around the roundabout again to access the correct exit is a mystery.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 04, 2024 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Seriously how big is Barbados ... ok I looked it up, Barbados is 21 miles by 23 miles and takes 3 hours go go all the way around. So there is no way locals couldn't find the spot in less than an hour and a half.

So I suspect the crew decided they would get paid and went for a beer instead of looking for the team, LOL, IMO>

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, May 04, 2024 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Aahaha best explanation yet!

And I believe it was 2 hours. They arrived 30 minutes after the fill-in crew team, which took 1.5 hours, I think?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, May 04, 2024 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I believe I heard Danny ask her to turn left from the right lane.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 05, 2024 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, 1.5 hours of waiting, got a different crew. Theirs finally showed up after another 30 minutes.. At least that was what Danny and Angie said in RHAP interview with Jessica Liese.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 05, 2024 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Again, per Danny, the crew made the wrong turn before Angie made the correct turn. But no matter how they got separated, suddenly there was no reply from the crew and they were MIA for 90 minutes. The team had no way to contact anyone else but production at the task made them sit and wait. The crew had other ways to contact production.

If they were eliminated or punished for an illegal turn, that would have been said st the pitstop.

And because of the vehicles, they didn't have a camera person in the car with them.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 05, 2024 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
On Instagram, the posts are split between anger about how they were eliminated, people happy they left, labelling them annoying, still lots of complaints about the advantage of speaking Spanish and so many Spanish speaking countries, along with an unfortunate amount of gay bashing..

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 05, 2024 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, that's interesting - about the timing of the crew's turn. The show absolutely showed the crew car in the roundabout AFTER Danny and Mom had turned off.