TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 21, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXIII: Episode 3, January 19th: Archive through January 21, 2022 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 19, 2022 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
They are going to an altitude of 8000 feet. Interesting the two eliminated teams are on the same bus.

Trying to figure out where they ae going.

Now they are running for the tram that takes them up the mountain, everyone makes it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 19, 2022 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ah, everyone is wearing a mask on the tram. Akbar says they are higher than the clouds.

Road Block, see the six countries, Austria, Liechtenstein, Italy, France, Germany, Switzerland. They have to walk a path, Phil called it something, to a clue box.

Every one putting on the special gear and are linked together to take the trip. Each has a guide and they clip into a rope on the ledge.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 19, 2022 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sheridan is going very gingerly, only looking down so she doesn't have a panic attack.

Many of the others are running

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 19, 2022 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Still no mention of exactly where they are; goggle only says it is the Alps.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 19, 2022 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, this is the info on the first part of the show, now the thread has everything.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 19, 2022 - 11:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The whole leg was in Switzerland and they had to find three trams and it was first come, first served. Not sure it made that much difference getting up the mountain to 8,000 feet.

Why Sheri insisted on doing THAT roadblock... but she finished, though last. They are both afraid of heights.

At one point they could see 6 countries.

They were told they would be driving more, no public transportation, chartered flights.

Some people passed others up on that mountain path , but in the end all teams except Akbar and Sheridan went down the mouain in the same car going back down.

Dipo, I agree, they were really lax judging the flag task..

Interesting that the same team went out, again, first. And Arun and Natalia were second to last. They need to be sharper. Arun started to help someone at one point. That was how they went out last time. But I'm happy they are back.

I am still not amused by Akbar and Sheridan's bickering.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 20, 2022 - 3:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
How is it possible that after having a 19-month pitstop Sheridan didn't get into better shape for the race? If I was going on the race, I would be training/exercising every. single. day.

It is painful to watch her.

Alittlebirdie

09-08-2006

Thursday, January 20, 2022 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alittlebirdie a private message Print Post    
The high peak is Santis. Säntis is located in the Alpstein region, nearly 10 km (as the crow flies) southwest of the town of Appenzell. Three cantons meet on Säntis: Appenzell Ausserrhoden, Appenzell Innerrhoden, and St. Gallen, the mountain being split between the municipalities of Hundwil, Schwende and Wildhaus-Alt St. Johann.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 20, 2022 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I was proud of Sheridan for finishing that task, even if she should not have done it in the first place. And as it was, they still weren't last!

I guess there's a reason the first two eliminated teams, were the first two eliminated teams. Sorry to see the cop team go, again.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, January 20, 2022 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Good show. I was sorry to see Michael and Mo finish last again. They simply put the belt together starting from the wrong end and it cost them. On top of that, it appeared that the flag task was easier and had easier judging. Kind of bad luck for them. I’m also a bit surprised that they didn’t have a non-elimination leg after all those months.

Thank you for the recaps/spoiling. They’re fun to read.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 20, 2022 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I agree that it seems like the judges were a little lax when it came to judging the flag task.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 20, 2022 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I thought non elimination would have been good, but with the eliminated teams coming in last, it kind of shows that their first eliminations were not just a fluke.

Yes, Sheridan will have the fact that she completed that task (with some attentive help from her minder) to look back on and they chose the right task to bicker through which saved them from elimination.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 20, 2022 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Found this posted to Amazing Race instagram, in comments about the non returnees.

Anthony and Spencer. Anthony got a job promotion and was not allowed to leave by his employer. (alternate report says he was really sick)

Connie and Sam. They had a baby during the break.

Caro and Ray. Apparently they broke up. Caro had visa issues, allegedly. Another post says Caro lives abroad and has visa issues. (in Serbia, apparently)

Taylor and Isaiah. Arrived in Switzerland but a family member died of COVID, so they went home.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, January 20, 2022 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Sorry, but I am absolutely over Akbar and his attitude toward his wife. It's painful to watch. Next week is another height challenge and Sheridan is again doing it. I'm assuming they think they will get far enough in the race for him to take on some strength challenge? Good luck with that.

That said, I totally understood her anxiety on that dangerous but gorgeous trail. For six decades, I never had any problems with heights but now if I look down from a high point, I get vertigo and feel like I'm going to fall over. My doctor simply said "meh, you're older", lol.

As for the youtube parents, that guy had no concern for anyone including his mountain guide who I thought he was going to cause to fall over the side of the mountain.

The poor cops - the one guy just did not want to consider that they might be applying the symbols in the wrong direction. Was he one of the ones who refused to believe that the clue was a clue in the mail delivery episode?

Ryan and Dusty are unbeatable but I'm going to root for the flight attendants as well as the 'L' sisters to get as far as possible.

I would have been lost driving in this country because the beauty of it would be so distracting.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, January 20, 2022 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I thought they said that both of them had issues with fear of heights. She looked and did great!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 20, 2022 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Rob Cesternino 🛎
@robcesternino
·
2m
We got our first #AmazingRace exit interview of the season when
@HaymakerHattie
and I got to speak with this week's elminated team.

Listen to our interview or check out the VIDEO Eyes

https://twitter.com/robcesternino/status/1484308734025166858

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 20, 2022 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They both have fear of heights. She did kind of insist on doing that challenge.

Hmm, maybe she thought she would be free from his "coaching" while doing the task though he did yell out to her towards the end.

I just find that I'm uncomfortable listening to them when they go at each other. It may be "what they do" and they may be ok with it, but I'd rather not be a witness.

The height was a big factor, but the loose rocks and such would worry me. And anyone passing too close.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, January 20, 2022 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the updates on why the other teams couldn't return. We knew Caro and Ray would break up. LOL. How sad for Taylor and Isaih.

It was painful to watch Sheridan in that task. Not just her fear, but her out of shape and huffing and puffing. You really do need a level of fitness for this race.

Switzerland was so beautiful! Makes me want to plan a trip there.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, January 20, 2022 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Littlebirdie, ty so much for that info!

Kar, I was also so proud of her!! I really dislike her hubby!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 21, 2022 - 2:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Rob Cesternino's interview with Michael and Moe explains why the two returning teams came in last.. They had to perform a speed bump task. So one of those teams was doomed to go home..

The task put one person in a giant cabbage, with the other voice guiding to have the cabbage crash into and topple I think hay bales.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, January 21, 2022 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Thanks for that information, Sea, that makes a world of difference. I do agree with others above, one would think a non-elimination round would be in order, after the world's longest pit stop and being down 2 teams.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, January 21, 2022 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don’t know if it’s accurate or not but I heard that one of the reasons that Sheridan did the bungee task is there was a weight restriction and Akbar was too heavy.

With some teams like them, it’s obvious they have little chance of winning. But it can still be fun and enjoyable to watch if they encourage each other and set and achieve personal goals and enjoy the race. However, if they’re going to be deluded about what they can achieve and just feel miserable about their inadequacy, then it’s not fun to watch. When you’re that heavy and out of shape, you can only go so fast and do so much. Period. Trying harder isn’t possible.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, January 21, 2022 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I agree Scoot.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, January 21, 2022 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I was hoping for a non-elim too. Maybe next week. And kind of a shame they didn't show us at least a little of the speed bump! Seems like they could have squeezed 20 seconds of it in.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 21, 2022 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Okay, I'm disappointed that they didn't show the speed bump as well. That would have shown things in a very different light!