TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Survivor XXII Redemption Island - Gen...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXII Redemption Island: Survivor XXII Redemption Island - General Discussions - Post Season users admin

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, April 25, 2011 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Rob has a new show on History Channel coming this year..

He's going around the world....again...

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, April 25, 2011 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I wonder if he is doing the same kind of thing that Jeff did - totally dependent on the kindness of strangers?!?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, April 25, 2011 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
COOL!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, April 25, 2011 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It doesn't say that they have to depend on the kindness of strangers, just that they will not be able to repeat a mode of transportation.

While Boston's Rob Mariano is still sweating it out on "Survivor: Redemption Island," in real life he is about to launch a new series on the History Channel, "Around the World in 80 Ways." Mariano and Dennis Anderson (the creator of Gravedigger, a famous monster truck) will host the 10-part series that premieres later this year.

The hook is they will circumnavigate the globe using 80 different modes of transportation without repeating a single vehicle. The travel modes will include a blimp, a fighter jet, an ostrich, a canoe and a chariot, and sometimes they'll have to build their own vehicles. Sometimes they'll work cooperatively. Sometimes they'll race. Cool.

Dick Hoogstra, senior vice president of development and programming for the channel, says, "This series captures History's commitment to highly compelling entertainment within a historical framework. The dynamic between our two hosts will make for great television, while viewers can journey around the world with them to explore the ingenuity of travel in every era, throughout all stages of technological advances."

Boston Rob will be the second "Survivor" alumni to have a show on the History Channel. Colby Donaldson, runner-up on "Survivor: The Australian Outback," hosts the channel's trick shooting show, "Top Shot."

Happymom

01-20-2003

Monday, April 25, 2011 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Looks great!

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Monday, April 25, 2011 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
I wonder if Roller Skates will be one of the modes of transportation... ;)

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 2:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Seems like it will be a great show, good for Rob. I still want him to get the boot though

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Ok this just popped into my brain.........

There are 10 people left 6 at camp and 4 on RI. There are three shows left, two reg shows and the final show.

So what if on the two regular shows they send someone to RI as they have been doing and on each show one person goes to the jury. OK so 10 minus 2 is 8.

We now have 4 people at camp and 4 at RI. What if they make the final show a competition between the 4 from camp and 4 from RI. Each group has a winner and the two winners compete for the million.

I have no idea why but for some reason I think this may happen.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, April 29, 2011 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
That's so crazy it just might work.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, April 29, 2011 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I hate that! One of the RI people should have a second chance at the game, but not a pass to the final.

My guess is they'll get down to 4 at camp, 4 at RI, then the 4 at RI will compete to see who goes back to be the fifth at camp, then they'll go from 5 to 4 to final three in the normal way.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, April 30, 2011 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Pippin, I hope that doesn't happen.

Kitt, I hope it happens like that.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Jeff was on The Talk today. He said there are some (big?) blindsides coming up.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 11:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Interesting ... Jeff's blog for 5/11 is up, and he gives his take on who deserves to win. Here's what he says about Matt:

"Matt – If Matt gets off Redemption Island and makes it to the end I think he has a good shot of winning simply based on the “underdog” vote. However, if I was in the final against Matt, I’d make a strong case that while he may be the best “dueler” he is clearly the worst player and therefore not deserving of the money."

I agree with Jeff!

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Thursday, May 12, 2011 - 2:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
I think Jeff is just saying that's how some on the jury might look at it. It's hard for some of us to wrap it around our heads that RI is now part of THE game (this season anyway). I don't like it one bit. If they want to make it interesting and different, go where it's cold. Oops, can't do that as they couldn't have the ladies in bikinis. lol

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, May 12, 2011 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
They wouldn't be able to have the women in bikinis, but they also wouldn't get a Phil in his pink undies. I think that's a good trade off.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
A poll at rhymes with trucks indicates that 91% are against redemption island(for now)

Happymom

01-20-2003

Sunday, April 29, 2012 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I stumbled onto Russell's new show Flip Off, or whatever it's called. It's a tv show about flipping houses. They were talking about his struggling relationship with his wife, that's why I didn't immediately change the channel. After about a min. or two, he started talking about the house he was flipping and as soon as he said something like "Deception is very important" meaning deceiving buyers by making them think the house is bigger than it really is (there is a much better way to say that!), I changed the channel. Loathe that guy.

Doxiefam

06-14-2011

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 - 6:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Doxiefam a private message Print Post    
Sad news. Ralph's 21 yr old daughter, Sarah Beth, was killed in a car accident over the weekend. Link below. The article doesn't mention Ralph specifically but this is a very small community where everyone knows everyone. For reference, this is the same area that Big Tom is from - 1 county over 20 miles away type thing.

http://www2.tricities.com/news/2012/jul/11/two-southwest-virginia-communities-mourning-loss-f-ar-2047808/

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Can someone refresh me - who is Ralph?

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I had to look it up, but Ralph was the country boy with the red goatee. Nice guy from his season, if I remember correctly. Such a sad story for all of the families involved.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Oh no, I'm so sorry for his loss! I believe this is the Ralph you're talking about. He crowed like a rooster and truly was a nice guy:

http://www.google.com/search?q=ralph+survivor&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=fUf-T7yJPIq6rQHP6K2LCQ&sqi=2&ved=0CEcQsAQ&biw=1429&bih=717

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
So sad to hear that. There is no pain like the death of one's child.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
:-( Tragic.

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Monday, September 09, 2013 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
I just watched this season and liked it quite a bit! Rob was absolutely fantastic and I can't help but concur with Jeff that Rob's gameplay was as close to perfect as you can pretty much get.

This is my first season experiencing Redemption Island (I only started back watching for seasons 25 and 26 so I hadn't seen 22, 23 and 24 which I think are the ones with RI) and I thought it was a pretty neat twist. I really enjoyed seeing the duels in the first half of RI but when Matt re-joined and then they started it AGAIN I started to get kinda sick of it. I often waver between liking that they had to condense the reward and Immunity challenges together and not liking that they became one challenge. Overall I think it was a great cast and season.

And also (IMO) had some of the most well represented Christians on Survivor I've ever seen. I'm a Christian myself and sometimes I just cringe at the way the players represent our faith as a whole. I thought Matt and Mike and even Kristen were pretty amazing examples. Wish I could see how they were viewed to people as they were watching the show but I started watching a little to late!

Great season!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 21, 2022 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Died at 65 ... SURVIVOR @survivorcbs
·
1h
The Survivor family extends our deepest condolences to the family of Ralph Kiser. His huge smile, his positive attitude and of course his infectious rooster crow made him one of the most likable to ever play Survivor. We are all so sorry for your loss. -Jeff Probst

https://twitter.com/survivorcbs/status/1517240673413521408

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, April 21, 2022 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Age 56. Way way too young. How very sad.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 21, 2022 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks Brenda I transposed the age.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: