TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
SPOILER ALERT: Who's coming back fo...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor General Information: SPOILER ALERT: Who's coming back for Survivor South Pacific? users admin

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
From today's RealityBlurred

Coach, Ozzy returning for Survivor South Pacific
Survivor South Pacific
June 2, 2011, 1:23 PM

Ben “Coach” Wade and Oscar “Ozzy” Lusth are the two cast members returning for Survivor South Pacific. They’ll compete in Samoa with 16 new people, as Jeff Probst revealed during last season’s finale.

The evidence that Coach/Ben is on season 23 is pretty clear. As someone alerted me to, his voice mail message isn’t subtle: “I’m going to be traveling the next couple weeks,” he says, encouraging people to e.mail instead of texting or leaving a message. Ben conducts the Susanville Symphony, which he helped to found, and its final concert is next weekend, which up until recently he was conducting. But now, its web site says there will be "a very special guest conductor" instead.

Ben’s movie 180, which features him making out with Danielle DiLorenzo, has its premiere a week later, June 17. The producer of the film, William Price, told me in an e.mail that Ben was supposed to be at the premiere: "That is plan. We are flying him in the day before." However, he did not respond to a follow-up in which I mentioned that Ben was likely in Samoa. If Ben shows up for that, we’ll all be surprised.

Reports that Coach would return first surfaced on Survivor Sucks (where Jeff Probst recently responded to criticism about the show), while news of Ozzy’s return first came from Survivor Skills' DanieuBleau, who cited “one of my highly dependable, and trusted sources.” Ozzy’s return was confirmed in a report today on TVFunSpot, which says that Ozzy’s voicemail has a similar message to Coach’s, and that he’s taken a leave of absence from his job as a waiter.

Calling this pairing or season Coach vs. Ozzy makes little sense, because besides the fact that Russell and Rob never faced off during Survivor Redemption Island, Ozzy and Coach never appeared on the same season. (Ozzy did get naked and have sex on Playboy TV’s Foursome.) The only way it’d be Coach vs. Ozzy is if the producers start both returnees on Redemption Island, where they’d face off in a duel, with the winner remaining to face off against the first person voted out of the game. I wish they’d do something like that but think it’s a safe bet that Coach and Ozzy will be placed on tribes, just like Rob and Russell were.

Speaking of Playboy, my piece that includes an extensive interview with Coach—or Ben, as I call him in the piece, and as people call him in his actual life—will be especially interesting now that he’s decided to go on the show for a third time. As you’ll read in the story, which is in the July issue out later this month, Ben still has very raw feelings about his time on Survivor Tocantins, and has now settled into a life as a conductor, pastor, and actual coach. When I spent a weekend with him in late February, there was no indication he’d ever even be asked to return.

But he did tell me that "life is about the experiences" and said that, with Survivor Heroes vs. Villains, "I looked at it as an adventure" and "a time to prove what I’d learned about myself. And I thought it was really important to go out there again and find redemption."

Meanwhile, the media contingent left for Samoa last week (EW’s Dalton Ross announced that he was going offline) and arrived by Friday, meaning that interviews with the cast were likely Saturday, and the game started on Monday, Memorial Day in the United States.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ozzy did what on Playboy TV?!?!

What an odd choice. I see Coach as being a character and therefore at least someone they would consider, and he might be interesting because the others might think they could keep him around as he doesn't seem much of a threat long term.

Ozzy was fantastic first time round, but spoilt his second chance by thinking he was on a dating show, he wasn't even a fan favourite that time. He's definitely going to be seen as a threat because of his athletic ability, but maybe he's likeable so he can get the others to keep him.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Well, overall, I will say... I'm pleased about Ozzy. I really liked him the first time around, kind of forgot what went down the second time.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Kitt -- Ozzy had group sex on Playboy TV. I saw some pics of it on the internet a few years back. Full frontal -- not soft core. Actually, now that I think of it, I think I actually saw the video because I recall being a bit turned off by the way he was talking about things.

I'm actually kind of jazzed to hear he's coming back next season. I'm a fan of Ozzy in the game, mostly just due to his athleticism and agility. Always seems like there's nothing he can't do. I loved in Fans vs. Favs how Eric and -- what's the name of the guy with the stick he though was an idol...hmmm... -- Eric and whatever his name was, how they were just in awe of Ozzy. Unfortunately, he's not the best strategist and he never really had the best social game. But it's been a while since he's played so I'm interested to see if he'll change it up a bit this time. He was F3 his first game and made the jury his second game. I'd wager he'll rule redemption if he gets sent there so I've got my money on Ozzy going far if they don't get him out right away. Fun to think about how it will play out!

Not necessarily happy about Coach coming back after he screwed Rob's game in Heros v. Villains. I do find him amusing but like some of the other "characters" he doesn't seem to have a great grasp of how to play the game. That said, the "fallen hero" scene in Tocantins when Coach collapsed as he finished the immunity challenge will in my mind go down as one of the most awesome Survivor moments of all time.

Wow, all of the sudden I'm finding myself nostalgic for some of the past seasons.

I wish they'd bring back Stephen Fishbach. Bring back the Wizard!!!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: