TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Chris Daugherty lied to employer to g...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor General Information: Chris Daugherty lied to employer to go on Survivor Tour users admin

Weeniewhiner

07-22-2005

Friday, May 26, 2006 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Weeniewhiner a private message Print Post    
ODOT: 'Survivor' Winner Lied To Get Time Off Work
Daugherty Accused Of Filing False Claim

UPDATED: 10:50 am EDT May 26, 2006

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A former winner on "Survivor" lied to get time off from his job as a state highway worker to join a promotional tour for the reality TV show in Europe last year, an investigation found.

Chris Daugherty, 35, of South Vienna, filed a false claim that he needed time off because he was under stress and suffering from depression, an Ohio Department of Transportation hearing officer ruled Thursday.

<snip>

Mocha

08-12-2001

Friday, May 26, 2006 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mocha a private message Print Post    
I don't even remember who this is.

Ladytex

09-27-2001

Friday, May 26, 2006 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladytex a private message Print Post    
he won survivor: vanuatu after being targeted for the first vote off ... he lost for his team by falling off the balance beam. Jeff was po'd because he backstabbed Julie, who is now jeff's live in.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Friday, May 26, 2006 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
I thought they mixed up the names because Chris made me think of AI. I don't remember Chris on Survivor either.

Mocha

08-12-2001

Friday, May 26, 2006 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mocha a private message Print Post    
Ohhhh ok I remember that but can't picture his face. Lol I thought the same thing Rosie.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Friday, May 26, 2006 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
Lol, Mocha. Of course, in another week, I will probably have forgotten Chris on AI as well. CRS!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, May 26, 2006 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
He had dirty-blonde hair, was a bit overweight and smiled a lot. He was more a "process of elimination" winner than anything else. He just skated through, won immunities a few times in the end. Can't remember who he was up against.

Okay, it was Twila. Survivor Vanuatu has a whole website apparently about lesbians on the show...it is kind of funny to read from that perspective...LOL!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 26, 2006 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I couldn't place the name until I saw where he won Vanuatu and it came to me who he was. I am kind of curious why he didn't take a leave of absence which most employers will let you take when you run out of vacation/sick/personal time.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Friday, May 26, 2006 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
That is the last name of AI's Chris, I do remember the survivor Chris, he was the only man when it got down to final 5 I think

Max

08-12-2000

Friday, May 26, 2006 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Max a private message Print Post    
I thought they screwed up the names, too. Had to go look at the CBS website for his Survivor season to remember who he was. I'm amazed that I hardly remember that season/cast at all! Talk about your 15 minutes being over! EEK!

Retired

07-11-2001

Friday, May 26, 2006 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Retired a private message Print Post    
Here's a link to the article with his pic. I didn't remember him either.

http://apnews1.iwon.com//article/20060526/D8HRIQCG0.html

Mocha

08-12-2001

Friday, May 26, 2006 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mocha a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah him with that long ponytail, he fell off the beam in the first challenge. Shukran Retired. I tell ya seems like these seasons all blend together.

Cndeariso

06-28-2004

Friday, May 26, 2006 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cndeariso a private message Print Post    
i remember him, i just don't remember him winning. oh, well.

Konamouse

07-16-2001

Friday, May 26, 2006 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
He won because the jury didn't want to give the prize to someone who "swore on her son's life" then backed out of some agreement.
He won 5-2.
'squeek'

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 26, 2006 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Was it Twila who swore on her son's life?

Tabbyking

03-11-2002

Friday, May 26, 2006 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tabbyking a private message Print Post    
well, as we all know, you sometimes have to keep secrets and lying might play a part in it. the man who won 'american inventor' COULD NOT tell his employer where he was/what he was doing and when he missed too much work, he was fired.
to me, it's no biggie, although in my entire working life, i missed 3 days. once for cramps, once for jury duty and once for my son's dad's graduation from MIT. that's in 20-some years. not bad!

Tabbyking

03-11-2002

Friday, May 26, 2006 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tabbyking a private message Print Post    
p.s. even hearing the name and finally getting it into my head they did not mean the AI chris, i still have no idea who this guy is! i only missed the very first season of survivor, but i'll be dipped if i remember a chris!!

Tabbyking

03-11-2002

Friday, May 26, 2006 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tabbyking a private message Print Post    
well, i google/imaged him and remember his face, but i'll be dipped if i remember him winning! he did have terrible balance, i do remember that...

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 26, 2006 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I remember him winning... it seems to me he slid under the radar into the Final Two because Twila was busy'in breaking her alliance with the other women. If I remember correctly, Chris was a rather likeable guy. I don't remember disliking him compared to other players of the game that, to date, I remember intensely disliking.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 6:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
According to a radio report that I heard, it wasn't necessarily that he took the time off (although he had taken all of his eligible time off for the year already) -- it was the $8,000 in pay that he collected during his "medically necessary tour of Europe" that got him fired.

Weeniewhiner

07-22-2005

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Weeniewhiner a private message Print Post    
He wasn't fired. I knew he wouldn't be because it's a union job.

Now he gets that 4 wk unpaid vacation that he wanted in the 1st place. Lucky for him he can afford it.

http://tinyurl.com/phpde

Kappy

06-29-2002

Monday, July 24, 2006 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I've got to hand it to the guy for going back to his job to begin with after winning Survivor. Yes, he did this Survivor tour of Europe but we don't see him on every frickin' tv show like some other past winners and 2nd-placers.

I remember liking both Chris and Twila although I did want her to win in the end.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: