TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
5th Episode. 10/16/2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XLVII: 5th Episode. 10/16/2024 users admin

Survivor
Survivor (on CBS)

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 16, 2024 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I had to start the thread for this week just to say that I wonder if there will be a puzzle again this week. If so, they better not let Rome do it.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 16, 2024 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 16, 2024 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL! I am excited to see what the twist is. I wonder if they just go to 2 teams for a reward challenge

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, October 16, 2024 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thank you for starting the thread! :-)

Marej

09-19-2002

Wednesday, October 16, 2024 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marej a private message Print Post    
And she's gone. Bye bye now.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 16, 2024 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
great ep!! so sorry to see her go. I dont like Sam and Sierra or Andy, way too smug for me!

Hope Sam is targeted at the merge

Rvon

12-10-2003

Wednesday, October 16, 2024 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Who is she?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 16, 2024 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Anika?

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, October 16, 2024 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Anika, queen of entitlement, was voted off. She did not exit gracefully. She didn't even participate in the challenge but thought others should be eliminated based on their performance in it. Sam is the only one I like on the yellow tribe.

Is it me or are many of these people incredibly lazy? They don't have flint so they don't even try to start a fire some other way? Even when given something to fish with, it's too difficult to try. Don't get me started on returning the chickens. Rethink your casting ways, producers!

At least now I know who Tiyana is now, lol!

Rvon

12-10-2003

Wednesday, October 16, 2024 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Kappy.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 16, 2024 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kappy I believe if she was in the challenge and not Andy they would not have lost. Her and Rachel are the puzzle queens

Juju2bigdog

10-26-2000

Wednesday, October 16, 2024 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
One of the better eviction moves I have ever seen. And production certainly did make it seem that Andy engineered the vote. I thought they were going to have to call Security to get her to even stand up and get her torch.

Yellow team did comment that Day 9 (this day on tonight's show) was the first day they did not build a morning fire. Flint should be almost irrelevant by now, when they KNOW they are going to lose their flint if they lose the challenge.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 16, 2024 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Anika was not happy at all. I thought that Jeff was going to drag her away. Queen of entitlement is a good description. Survivor tip… if you think and act like you are running the show, you probably aren’t.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 16, 2024 - 11:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I’m sort of liking Andy. He really sucks at challenges, but he knows what he’s doing In influencing others at camp.

Rome redeemed himself a tiny bit, but I think he will still be voted out quickly after the merge unless a bigger target appears.

Caroline is someone to watch going forward.

Legalboxer

11-16-2003

Thursday, October 17, 2024 - 3:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Only time i actually wanted to wait until the credits to hear the final words of Anika. I understand the emotions in that moment but so needed to go.

Rome next, PLEASE.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Thursday, October 17, 2024 - 5:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I was very tired last night. So did Andy actually orchestrate Anika's eviction? Or was it Sam and Sierra?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 17, 2024 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
It wasnt really clear but Sam has wanted her gone for awhile

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 17, 2024 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think Rome will be safe in the merge for awhile. Sam and Sierra will be first targets, imo

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, October 17, 2024 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I sort of suspect that Sol, Teeny, Genevieve, and Rome will be a solid 4 at the merge. When you’ve been through as much as they have already, it creates a bond when more people are added.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, October 17, 2024 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
that was an epic blindside. She was SO sure she was running the show. I was not sorry to see her leave. I have grown a soft spot for bumbling Andy.

I'm glad the merge is coming and hoping that is saves Teeny. Things will get interesting now.

I thought the barter for the eggs was brilliant play. Those eggs should stay fresh for a few days. But what a bonehead move to not have made a fire that day. I feel like hot embers might enable starting a new fire. I guess they could eat some eggs raw -- Rocky did it!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 17, 2024 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I was not sorry to see Anika go.

Question about fire: they leave tribal with lit torches, can they not carry them back to their campsite and start a fire?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, October 17, 2024 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
No Kar because they have to put the torches out before they get on the boat to go back to camp.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 17, 2024 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Lexie. They'd still be smoldering tho? Unless they have to extinguish with water.

It does seem to me that with this new rule, savvy players would learn how to primitive start fire. Or borrow someone's glasses! :-)

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, October 17, 2024 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I don't think they need to extinguish their fires when they leave... I think it was the Red team that came back to camp after losing and the first thing they did was check their fire and found some embers they could use to restart fire.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, October 17, 2024 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm pretty sure they have to put out the fire at camp before going to TC. Does anyone remember a several years back when someone's camp caught on fire because they did not put out the campfire?

And don't even ask me WTH is that second comment in my 10:34 a.m. post. I didn't make that comment!!!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 17, 2024 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh darn, that was me, Lexie... I'll fix it... bad clicking on my part!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 17, 2024 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lexie, as for putting the fire out, I'm sure they do, but I think they can restart from embers.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, October 17, 2024 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I couldn’t believe no one had even bothered to unwrap the fishing kit. Lazy, yes.

Tiernet

06-07-2004

Monday, October 21, 2024 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tiernet a private message Print Post    
For embers, dig a pit, start a fire with a large log getting it to burn down. Bury the fire with very small openings on two ends. Have to have a little bit of oxygen otherwise you have charcoal. The size and opening depends on your environment.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, October 21, 2024 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Jeff talked about this on the podcast and did not indicate that they had to put their fire out at camp. He did say that the teams are gone for a long time, and the fires often burn out, but that teams had been successful and starting a new fire from embers. I think he too is a bit flabbergasted that the team didn't have a better strategy around fire when you can lose your flint.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: