TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
1st Episode - Sept 18th

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XLVII: 1st Episode - Sept 18th users admin

Survivor
Survivor (on CBS)

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, September 18, 2024 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Ready for tonight. I’ll try to get a banner done. :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, September 18, 2024 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
wow Jimmer!!!! that was fast!!! ty so much!!!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, September 18, 2024 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Jimmer = Fastest Banner Maker in the whole world! I've heard it's never been done faster or better by anyone ever in all of history! THANK YOU for doing this so quickly. It always takes a few weeks to start putting names to faces.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Wednesday, September 18, 2024 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
We have a Bahnu, or whatever his name was from last season. His name is Andy.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Wednesday, September 18, 2024 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Survivor takes their archetypes seriously, lol

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Wednesday, September 18, 2024 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
I hope they vote out Andy. But they’ll probably vote out someone they didn’t focus on during the episode.

I want to be wrong about this.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Wednesday, September 18, 2024 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Jon is reminding me of HISAM BB25. The tribe psychiatrist

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Wednesday, September 18, 2024 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Oh well, they kept the unstable one.

Why? Who knows. They don’t let us in on these decisions.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Wednesday, September 18, 2024 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Can't even hear the talking over the music, even with sound enhancement. Ridiculous!

Rvon

12-10-2003

Wednesday, September 18, 2024 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Jenjackso, I agree about the music. Sooooo frustrating.

Juju2bigdog

10-26-2000

Wednesday, September 18, 2024 - 11:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Rosem4243, they kept Andy for his brute strength. Jon was smaller than Jeff Probst.

But speaking of brute strength, holy crap, what about Sol? I don't even know what tribe he is on, or if they won, but he got every chest onto the boat by himself, and then damn near killed himself pulling that boat up the sand! He's not Johnathan of a few seasons back, but he is one to watch. Whatever team has him, they are very lucky to have him.

Edit: Just looked at Jimmer's wonderful header and banner; Sol is red team.

Seamonkey

09-06-2000

Thursday, September 19, 2024 - 1:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Glad the red tribe came back from a bad start.

Aysha is one of the RHAP podcasters I really like.

Andy, who stayed is known as Baby Andy as a patron member at RHAP and goes to their in person events.

Jon is a famous political podcaster, wrote speeches for Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.. Seems like he was out of sync, age wise, on his tribe.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Thursday, September 19, 2024 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
I guess I forget how physical the challenges are on Survivor, so I guess it makes sense to keep a stronger guy. I just felt bad for Jon, and, not for nuthin’ - I’m a little suspicious of that whole scene of Andy laying on the ground crying, and saying several times “they’re going to vote me out”. It came off as manipulative and obviously worked because he’s still there.

I wonder how “strong” he actually is if he melted down during the first challenge.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, September 19, 2024 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I was enjoying the start of this new season right up until the "They're going to vote me out" performance during the immunity challenge. Seriously?! I wish Jon had later focused more on how unstable Andy is instead of picking one of the strong girls to go after. I'm hoping Annika, Rachel and Sierra team up to realize they don't need these guys. I look forward to enjoying this season just as soon as Andy is voted out, removed or quits.

Can anyone tell me why people still get upset that anyone might look for an idol? It happens every season. Why don't they just get up and look as well? Sigh, I will never understand, lol!

Other first thoughts - Every time I looked at Sue, the older lady, I could only see Tamra Judd (RHOC) in 5 years with all that face work done. I do hope she does well as she looks strong and is getting along with all of her tribe.

Yes, Juju, Sol was a beast for his team! I am rooting for him for that alone!

I think that entire immunity challenge ended up being alot for everyone. Did anyone notice the editing done when the boats were being brought up onto the beach? They didn't even show the teams bringing the boats up once they were on the sand.
Sometimes the boxes were on the boat under the net, other times they weren't. I'm thinking production had to make a few changes on the spot as it was actually happening in order to not kill off half the players the first week.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 19, 2024 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh heck, the women do need those guys.. they wouldn't win some of these challenges without them. Plus no one on that team can do puzzles, male or female.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 19, 2024 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched Survivor since 2022, and I think I picked the craziest season to come back. That Andy has me exhausted already. He seems a bit unstable.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 19, 2024 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Andy broke my heart... anxiety is so tough!

I'm sure he thought he could handle it, but not having your normal support systems, and being thrown in where you can't trust people... yikes.

I refuse to criticize him. Just going on Survivor was an incredibly brave thing to do.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, September 19, 2024 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I felt for him as well. I really hope we dont have another Banuu situation for weeks!

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Thursday, September 19, 2024 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
LOL @ “Baby Andy” .

Definitely living up to his pseudonym

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, September 19, 2024 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think they were allowed to remove the crates to get the boat onto the ramp, and then load the crates back onto the boat. I noticed as well that they had the boat on the ramp and crates on the sand.

I was wishing bad things on that team for keeping Baby Andy and his drama and voting out the smart old guy.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, September 19, 2024 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
You're right, Brenda, about the boats and the crates in the challenge. I rewatched the episode and just missed it last night.

I wanted to rewatch the episode because of the sympathy given to Andy by many online. Sorry but I still think it is unfair that he is still there. It's blatantly obvious he is not emotionally stable and yet he is managing to manipulate an entire tribe. I can't see any other team wanting to work with him even as a number after what he did to Jon.

Juju2bigdog

10-26-2000

Thursday, September 19, 2024 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yeah , vote out the old guy. He is 41. Many of us here were over 41 when Survivor began.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, September 20, 2024 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
LOL Juju. I'm with you.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, September 20, 2024 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I'm a bit late to the party (story of my life lately) but that was the most INSANE first episode of Survivor that I think we've ever had!!! Holy Macinoli!!!

Chieko

11-19-2003

Friday, September 20, 2024 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Jenjackso, I'm so glad you mentioned the audio. I had to turn on CC to follow. I was afraid it was just me. How can such a well-produced program like Survivor make that kind of mistake?

So disappointed to lose Jon. He seemed like a very intelligent, even-tempered man. How can they think Andy is strong? He collapsed. I think they made a huge mistake.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, September 20, 2024 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, sad when 41 is considered old, but on Survivor it is. But speaking of "old" Sue is amazing! I was really impressed by her.

I think sometimes the sound issues are settings on our TV or cable, meant for surround sound, which I do not have.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, September 20, 2024 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I hope Rachel goes far. I have played online poker with her. I used to play in an online poker tourney that Dom and Adam ran a year or so ago

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, September 20, 2024 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
You’re welcome for the banner.

That’s cool that you played poker with Rachel, Pamy!

Pamb

09-17-2006

Friday, September 20, 2024 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamb a private message Print Post    
Definitely sad to see Jon leave first. I actually listen to his podcasts. I think he would’ve brought a lot to the game.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, September 21, 2024 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Attention! new fun game here for survivor!! different rules this year...Go here to play!

https://tvclubhouse.com/forum/messages/9204/26677792.html?1726982869

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: