TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 05, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XLVI: 10th Episode - May 1: Archive through May 05, 2024 users admin

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, May 02, 2024 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm in agreement about the tantruming. I didn't feel a lot of sympathy for her. You voted for the guy last night and now you expect him to reward you?! Sorry. I'm with Q on this.

I just ate at Applebees last week! They have a bacon burger and fries for $10. It was delicious and I was so full i didn't need a dinner.

And yes, I agree. Just give them rice. Or let them have a challenge where they have to work together to win amounts of rice. But enough with total starvation.

So interestng that some offerred to give up their spots. I'm not surprised at that because I think they all do bond on some level and Kenzie and MAria are good people -- I like them both.

i really want Charlie to win it all at this point. I also like MAria and Kenzie.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, May 02, 2024 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yep, I agree with all of you! Liz annoyed me enough before her meltdown. Now I can't stand her. Same thoughts on how you go on a show knowing, you can't (or won't) eat certain foods, then complain about it. Also surprising how the rest supported her tantrum and guilt tripping. Glad Q didn't allow the replacement on reward trip. Don't see Liz trying to fish or eat insects or trying to supply her own food. Would make sense to drag Liz to the end...but I hope not.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, May 02, 2024 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Rosem, wow! I wonder why they didnt show that!! Has me thinking he is in final 3 and didnt want the audience to dislike him even more!!!! Also, that would have looked good on Kenz and Maria..so why not show that?! I am now thinking it may be Q Charilie and Venus at the end!

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Thursday, May 02, 2024 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Pamy, the editing choices are baffling to me. They give us scenery and fish, song naming battles, Applebees commercials…

But not the game. AND they have 90 MINUTES. Plenty of opportunities to give us the stuff that comes out in Tweets and interviews after the show. It is frustrating that we can’t get more of a sense of the deals that happen, which would tell a better story.

Mitch300

06-02-2011

Thursday, May 02, 2024 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mitch300 a private message Print Post    
I’m starting to question the selection process. We have had contestants quit . Why would they pick Liz ,knowing all the food allergies she has. It’s not like she applied for big brother. I feel that the producers need to protect the contestants from themselves. Just because she applied,she could be declined like hundreds are declined every season.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, May 02, 2024 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I can’t find the article, but it was Tevin and Hunter who would find her fish, crabs etc that she could eat. But, that stopped when Tevin was voted out. I wish I could find that article again. I’ll keep looking.
But, I still say why would the producers select someone who is allergic to the basic food they eat on the island. Now, she’s special and separate from the group. Got her own rice, but couldn’t even light a fire to cook it! Had to have someone else do that. (Possible foreshadowing of the final 4)
Just give all of them a base amount of rice.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 02, 2024 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I share all the frustrations.. and also the repetition.. Don't start an episode with a flashback.. we really can retain that for one week..

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Thursday, May 02, 2024 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
I wish production realized that starving people to make the game harder is not entertainment. It seems lazy. Probst said that starving is part of the “adventure” which is easy to say if you’re not the one starving.

In the older seasons, they were given some things to get started. The older seasons are more entertaining than the current seasons IMO, so in my mind Probst is dead wrong on this.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, May 02, 2024 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I just had to come in and vent. Seriously, Liz? whining because you are allergic to coconuts and the only food you can eat is beef. Why did you sign up for Survivor? Her whole drama about how she needed the food. Boot her.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Thursday, May 02, 2024 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
When did we find out that Liz had allergies, and when did production know? Is it possible that she hid this issue? Can’t imagine they could be that sloppy. So I am going to assume that they knew.

With the multitude of people who apply to be on this show, how in the hell did they purposely cast THIS person, who couldn’t eat a coconut. On a show that takes place on South Pacific island. Where they don’t even give you rice.

What is their evil agenda?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, May 02, 2024 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
They go through a medical exam process as part of the application. So, the producers had to know.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, May 02, 2024 - 11:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I thought they stopped doing the starving thing. I remember Elizabeth Hasselbeck from Survivor Africa she literally wasted away. She said it took months to recover and she lost much of her hair.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, May 03, 2024 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Well, they did offer them rice, but some in this group of players over estimates their challenge abilities and the weak players refused to sit out to get the rice. So they have shot themselves in the foot on this one!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, May 03, 2024 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It’s frustrating watching players rejecting offers of rice and refusing to sit out of challenges they clearly can’t win and then two minutes later sitting on the bench. They may think they are being strong but they just look foolish.

That whole Liz episode was dreadful. She acted so entitled it was uncomfortable to watch. I can’t help but wonder if the producers found out about Liz’s intensely deep love for Applebee’s and decided to exploit it. Seems like a pretty big coincidence. Then Jeff conveniently comes up with the individual offers of rice. Hmmm …

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, May 03, 2024 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
She apologized after the outburst. She realized it was over the top. I will give her grace.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, May 03, 2024 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
She also said in her confessional that she didn't mean it.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, May 03, 2024 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
She said she didn't mean the apology one bit. Jimmer's right, that was super uncomfortable to watch, talk about a sense of entitlement! Get her off of my tv!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 03, 2024 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I agree... I'm absolutely sure I would have behaved much worse if I hadn't eaten in days, and then a potential source of food was dangled in front of me, just out of reach.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, May 03, 2024 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kar, agree. I would be awful. The lack of food, the bugs, the heat. LOL

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Friday, May 03, 2024 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
I really blame production for casting Liz to begin with. Would they cast someone with one leg? A blind person?

I am all for inclusivity but, come on! Not everyone can be on Survivor. And they really didn’t need representation of Allergic-Americans.

And they used to give them rice. I guess they want to be all edgy and even more severe now, but what we get is a lot of crying and sadness. Not enjoyable.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 03, 2024 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Rosem, they have cast people with other disabilities. I would think food allergies would be a minor one than, say, being deaf.

I do want them to give them rice. They used to give them rice AND show us how they were struggling with not finding enough additional food, and how they looked for food. To me that was more interesting than some of the stuff they show now.

Spear

08-05-2001

Friday, May 03, 2024 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
In her pre-game interview, Liz seemed to think her food allergies gave her an advantage(!): https://youtu.be/Xqa59JoAbxw?t=668

quote:

[...] And hopefully, none of my other contestants and castaways have had that food insecurity and scarcity. And I can't wait to watch them crumble. I can't wait to for them to cry about how hungry they are, to look at something and know they can't eat it, you know, AKA your reward challenge. That's my every single, that's every single day. [...]

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, May 03, 2024 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
that is straight up ableist to infer they wouldn’t cast someone with one leg or who was blind. It’s also ableist to put disabilities or disorders in hierarchy of severity. Some people with food allergies might face more significant issues than someone who is deaf. We never know the impact a disability has a specific person.

And frankly, this discussion about Liz should have nothing to do with inclusion. Production wants personalities and storylines. To suggest inclusion and those who don’t belong on survivor have any connection is ridiculous. See who qualifies and then determine who to cast for a particular season. If someone believes they can be on Survivor and production finds them eligible, they have every right to be on the show. 24 years in and I still debate in my mind applying or not, not because of my speech disability but if my elementary backstroke would be sufficient for the water tasks.

I agree they should be giving everyone rice like in the past. Don’t know how I feel about Liz’s breakdown but definitely was cringeworthy to watch. If legitimate, I give her a pass for such an overblown rant that might have been triggered by so many other things she was holding inside. If it was more of an act, in same way as Johnny FairPlay, well then…let’s hope she goes and never comes back. I just can’t know without all the facts.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, May 03, 2024 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The problem with the rice is these players are unwilling to sacrifice nothing to get it. They refuse to sit out challenges that they can’t win. If their joy of hanging onto a handgrip for two minutes exceeds their joy of having rice to eat then so be it. It’s their decision. It’s not fun to watch but it’s on them.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 05, 2024 - 12:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I kind of disagree there. The show traditionally provided rice, so that wasn't something one had to sacrifice to get. I don't think they should have changed that.

The bribes to get people to quit a challenge were more entertaining.

If season 50 all returning players includes players from earlier seasons, they will probably have to face the no rice issue.. but I think they would do more fishing and crabbing.

Like the guys who were helping find stuff for Liz to eat were booted.. why didn't Liz go fishing?