TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 01, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XLVI: 1st Episode, Feb 28: Archive through March 01, 2024 users admin

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Saturday, February 24, 2024 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
"This is Where the Legends are Made"

2 hrs

Bisc here: Sorry, no TAR after since they have another FBI True show.

THX Jimmer for getting us started!!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, February 24, 2024 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
we get 2 weeks of 2 hour eps then on 3-13-24 it will 90 min and TAR will follow with 90 min :-)

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Sunday, February 25, 2024 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
On Monday Boston Rob will be a contestant on Deal or no Deal Island.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, February 25, 2024 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Oh, yay, Vsmart! Thanks for reminding us!

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, February 27, 2024 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
THX Pamy, I was hoping that was the case! Now I know when to start setting up TAR too.

Breanna95838

07-08-2011

Wednesday, February 28, 2024 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Breanna95838 a private message Print Post    
What the heck is with Jelinsky?

He gives up too easy, threw the sand timer (which broke) and folded under pressure about the card.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, February 28, 2024 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Solid first episode. Casting on Survivor is very good. Entertaining and funny. Everyone seems pretty likeable.

I agree about Jelinsky. Really bad at playing Survivor. Ouch!

Unfortunately, for that tribe, Jess isn’t much better. Which is too bad, because I like them.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, February 28, 2024 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I wish they would turn down the background music. I can’t hear a word any if them are saying….and I wear hearing aids!!!!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, February 28, 2024 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
A lot of likeable people! So glad they voted off Jelinsky. Previews make it seem like they lose again.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, February 28, 2024 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, ty for the banner!! you got it up so fast!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 28, 2024 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
So far, I like Hunter, Burdette, Maria, Charlie and Tevin. There are a few others I’m watching with interest too.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, February 28, 2024 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Yes, Jimmer, thanks for the banner.

There are a lot of likable people here.

I’m very partial to Charlie. I’m originally from Boston and he said he lives in Manchester By the Sea in Massachusetts. It is a beautiful small town (I think it still is) and I used to date a guy from there. Charlie just seems like a really likable guy.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 28, 2024 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I’m surprised that they cast Liz with all her allergies.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 28, 2024 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Charlie sort of reminds me of Spencer.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, February 28, 2024 - 11:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Great start to the season! I like all but the one guy who is obsessed with voting a woman out first (Randen?). He should at least wait until they are going to tribal. Jelinsky was a nice guy but boy he did not catch on to the mood of the group surrounding his many gaffs. But I'm glad Jess got to stay. I liked how she could be honest about herself and laugh. I'm still not clear why some seem to view her negatively.

Jimmer - Bravo on the banner!!!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 29, 2024 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Jalinsky spent a lot of time telling us all in his confessionals what a good player he would be. Uh, read the crowd.

I had mixed feelings about tossing him over Jess, tho. I generally don't think they should remove strength so early.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, February 29, 2024 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, that was a tough call. Jallinsky may have had physical strength, but it looks like he clearly over estimated his strength and his abilities and faltered in the puzzle.

It bothered me immensely that he broke that glass on the beach -- a place they likely walk barefoot. IT just seemed like such a dumb thing to do to give up. And he was way over confident in so many ways that I understand why they got rid of him.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, February 29, 2024 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I don't understand why the chick who is allergic to everything thought it would be a good idea to go on Survivor and why the producers thought it would be a good idea to cast her. Nothing good will come from this.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, February 29, 2024 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Agreed. She may need a medivac if she eats the wrong thing.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, February 29, 2024 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm going to guess she's not deathly allergic. Probably more like intolerance. So we are more likely to see her doubled over in pain if she eats the wrong thing. But yes, seems like she will get very weak and be voted out early because of it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 29, 2024 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jelinksy is incredibly frustrating.. no "several" is not seven. and giving up like he did before he smashed the hourglass was really not in the spirit of Survivor. I wanted him to be voted out ASAP. I am guessing that Jeff was pretty pissed. I think he assumed that giving the other two tribes an extra vote would mean that after the merge, he would have allies.. but they just know he would betray his tribe from jump. Bye.

The woman who was almost voted out seemed to not be able to refrain from yapping about reasons they should vote her out..

The guy from India seems to be their star narrator.. he's enthused and all but pretty annoying. Maybe he thinks he is the next Yam Yam but he isn't and post his season, Yam Yam was so full of himself I stopped following him.

But anyway congrats on getting your citizenship and getting on Survivor but for me, less is more.

And the allergic one.. surely it was determined that she wasn't going to literally starve, but kind of a downer to be on the show. It seemed like she has no idea when she tries a food if it will cause her to react or not. But she does't look to be malnourished so thee had to be stuff at Ponderosa she could eat.. maybe they need to send her there?

But in general there are some appealing characters on the season, so here we go!

The woman who found the Beware note had to really work to get through all the steps and get her idol! Good for her!

Favorite moment was the bats hanging in the tree.. I really love bats.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, February 29, 2024 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks for all the nice comments about the banner. :-)

I think Bhanu is pretty funny. Very expressive. I also like Tiffany. Charlie is another favourite. The “Charlie’s Angels” reference was pretty funny too.

I agree that they needed to keep Jelinsky simply for his physical strength. I don't think he would have been very hard to get rid of when no longer needed.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Thursday, February 29, 2024 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Decided to watch this one since I’ve been binge watching some old seasons.

Is it a requirement that all the contestants are misfits from broken homes, or poor souls who have had to overcome enormous obstacles? It’s reminding me of that old tv show “Queen for a Day”, where a housewife with the saddest story got to win some kitchen appliances.

Was there a rule that they were not allowed to plug the buckets with their buffs, or sand, or pebbles? I didn’t hear if they said the rules on the show. I feel like they could have hacked it in some way.

Glad Jelinsky was voted out, he would have brought the tribe down, a real Dunning-Kruger specimen. 🙄

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, February 29, 2024 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Jelinsky - strength? What strength? He totally crapped out AND quit for both his partner AND himself AND his team. His partner was not anywhere close to quitting, according to the editing. I thought Jelinsky betrayed everyone by quitting. I would have been amazed if he had NOT been first voted out. He was simply not a suitable player for the game.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, March 01, 2024 - 3:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Jelinsky was a quitter and he broke so easily in the card contest. He was not strong at all (mentally or physically). Throwing the hourglass and breaking it was the last straw for me. After that, there was no way I would want him to stay. He brought little to nothing to the team.

I hope that Jess can recover from her sleep deprivation. I think that if she can start thinking straight again she could do just fine. She may not win the game, but could last a bit longer.

Bhanu seems so tortured by every decision that the he and the tribe have to make. Nice guy, but sure seems in pain. Survivor may not be the game he thought it was.

Right now Q, Kenzie, and Tiffany seem very strong to me. One of them may have a good chance of doing well if the tribe can get past this first part of the game.