TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 28, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XLIV: 13th Episode, May 24 Finale: Archive through May 28, 2023 users admin

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Thursday, May 25, 2023 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I loved Carolyn. Was crushed she didnt get a single vote...so I'm very happy Sia gave her some extra love

I never noticed that she talked only about herself.. she often had great things to say about Carson, Yam Yam and Frannie.

Carson was my fav from the beginning. Loved everyones reactions when he talked about NASA.. so funny! but was blown away he didnt take Carolyn on reward.

I didnt really care for Yam Yam.. thought he should have been 3rd out of those three

Already looking forward to next season. happy to see Bruce was given a second start

Really wish theyd do away with final 4 fire challenge. Ive always hated it. Was okay as a tie breaker but leave it as that. Go back to a final 2. Bring back the auction!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, May 25, 2023 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I wish she would have given Lauren more than 15,000.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 25, 2023 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Bummer. Lauren and Carson were better players. I no longer like Sia. :-)

And yeah, Carolyn was all about Carolyn. The occasional throwaway comment about someone else notwithstanding. The bulk of her commentary and discussions were about her.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Thursday, May 25, 2023 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
What an outstanding thing Yam-Yam did when he helped coach Carson in making fire. When that could have ended up costing Yam-Yam the game. I know the jury didn’t see or know it (sans Carson), but what a kind human.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 25, 2023 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Turns out Sia is as exhausting as Carolyn but pretty cool to come on zoom "as is" to tell her about the money.

https://robhasawebsite.com/survivor44-final5-exit-interview/

If Carolyn REALLLY bugs you, you can forward the podcast until you see the third zoom window open (or whatever they use) and there is Sia. I did watch the entire video. I loved how Sia said she and her husband forgot to record, so then Jeff sent them a link to the show but they couldn't figure out how to put it on their tv screen so they stayed up until it was put on Paramount Plus so they could watch last night. She knew if Carolyn didn't win she would be giving the big money to her.

I still have the other interviews to watch.

But to answer one question: Carolyn said she really thought she might beat Yam Yam but didn't think she could beat Lauren, so even being a bit ticked at Yam Yam, she wanted Lauren voted out.

And She, Carson and Yam Yam are great friends now. She says Carson is like a coach for her.

Julie, agree that it was really touching when Yam Yam coached Carson in such a loving way, trying to calm him down and tell him about making fire.

So she gave Carson and Lauren some money. I think that is nice and the amount is totally up to her.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, May 25, 2023 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Heidi says she picked Carson for fire because if she sent out the perceived best player it would be good on her resume. That would have been a valid move IF Carson had been good at fire making. He would have lost against any of them. It was an empty win. But Carson would have won Survivor, if he hadn't lost the fire building.

Yam Yam was my least favorite (in my eyes the least deserving) to win. He also was annoying to me along with Carolyn, but for different reasons. This happens every year. Next year, just ask me who I don't want to win…if you want to know who ends up winning. Lol

I (also) knew Yam Yam was going to win, when he got to the end…because he is the best at weaving a story and drawing people in. Was sure that Carson told jury about helping him build fire (which was really a nice gesture) and Carson would help sway votes in Yam Yams direction.

Figured Carolyn would not be able to put together a speech. If she had repeated her blow by blow of how she found the Idol and she hid it again etc…she might have garnered a few votes. Not her same old speech about how she has always been weird etc. She should have been talking about her movement within the game.

I didn't think Heidi was going to win…even though she deserved it more than Yam Yam. She certainly annihilated any chances she had, by interrupting Yam Yam.

But then again….when did they quit starting out by letting them just make a speech about why they think they should win…where they outline their whole game and their strategy? Didn't they used to start with that before the individual questions?

I often wonder how Sia decides how much she is going to gift each player. As for the 100k she gave Carolyn, she actually said she would have given her more, but that was the maximum amount of money she was "allowed" to gift. By whom, her accountant? Federal taxes allow (I think) 16k before it triggers tax. Between 100K and 50k it's 30% tax…which Sia said she will pay. That's nice of her. But I guess that explains the 15k amount for the other two. But I would have liked had she given more to Carson…but then she would have had to give less to Carolyn. And that wasn't happening, Sia LOVES Carolyn.

I do feel for Heidi that Sia skipped over her to give Lauren money. If that were me, that would make me feel bad. Sia could have just also given her 15k .

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, May 25, 2023 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Has there ever been an immunity winner at final four who put THEMSELF into fire-making as Heidi did? I don't recall it.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, May 25, 2023 - 11:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I think there were two, both guys. One was unsuccessful and the other one was successful. I can't remember their names though.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 25, 2023 - 11:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Cassidy did not and the jury told her that lost her the win.. I think it is unreasonable to expect someone to win immunity and then risk that immunity by playing for fire.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 26, 2023 - 3:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Cinnamon, you'll be happy to hear that the auction is supposed to be back next season.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, May 26, 2023 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Chris Underwood put himself into the fire making challenge, said he had to and win in order.

I can't think of any others...

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, May 26, 2023 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I hate to say it but I am so tired of hearing players be worried about their 'resume' as they play. Blah blah blah is all I hear, lol! The final tribal has come down to who is the best storyteller at the end.

I am perfectly happy with Yam Yam winning and I loved this season because of the positivity of the the jury. That's the way it should be! Can't wait for the new season.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 26, 2023 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, apparently there was a gavel and other clues that is thought to mean return of the auction.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 26, 2023 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But Sia is giving money that she possesses and she gets to decide.

Heidi got the third place prize, Lauren did not. Heidi is an engineer. Lauren is a single mom. Carson seems to be doing well with a bright future.

From Sia's appearance on the RHAP zoom to tell Carolyn about the 100k, Sia says she is on the spectrum and in recovery, so she related to Carolina's journey in and out of Survivor more than most of us can.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 26, 2023 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, Sia gets to make her own decisions. And we get to say if we like them or not.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, May 26, 2023 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well as for the prizes this year. Heidi got 100K and Carolyn got 85K

there is money distributed down to each person for as long as they survived. So there are lower amounts.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, May 26, 2023 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
here is some old info for the jury payment

Do Survivor jury members get paid?
Jon Dalton (aka Jonny Fairplay, of "dead grandma lie" fame) told TMZ that jury members are awarded $40,000 and the first person voted off gets around $3,500, while Today reported that the first person to get voted off receives $2,500.May 13, 2020

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, May 26, 2023 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Are the amounts payed out by the show, in addition to a stipend, or just a flat rate prize for the position they end up in?

Pretty good for Carolyn. She ended up with at least 150k-ish after taxes! That's two and a half times as much as Heidi after taxes.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 26, 2023 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Definitely we can dislike what others give, and I've had those feelings, but on the flip side, woo hoo for those who are rewarded in whatever way that happens.

And good for Sia for paying the taxes on what she gives them. They will all owe taxes on what they get from CBS.

I imagine they get a bump for making jury, at least the BB jury members get that.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, May 26, 2023 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Sheesh, I am starting to be glad I have no idea who Sia is (other than a wealthy fan who for the past 5-ish? years has been awarding hew own prizes to Survivor contestants.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 27, 2023 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Singer from Australia originally. Songwriter, Animal rights activist. Titanium, Chandelier..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sia

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, May 27, 2023 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Sia is known to us not music people because of the videos made with Mattie from dancemoms.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, May 27, 2023 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
She has quite the story and many accomplishments. Thanks, Seamonkey.

I'm not even going to say whether I have ever heard of Mattie from dancemoms, or either of those separately.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 28, 2023 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Heard of. Mattie, but never watched Dance Moms.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Sunday, May 28, 2023 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I said before I ignore Sia’s rewards on Survivor because of Sia’s ableist actions towards the disability community, specifically non speaking autistic people. She had the chance to correct course and did not. Don’t care how popular her music may be nor her philanthropy.