TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 25, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XLIV: 13th Episode, May 24 Finale: Archive through May 25, 2023 users admin

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, May 21, 2023 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
"Absolute Banger Season" 
Finale

Bisc: Wa'll this has been one FUN season! Can't wait to watch!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, May 21, 2023 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Cant wait to find out who said the title.
I have enjoyed this season so much!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, May 22, 2023 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm going to guess Jeff starts out the 'after' talk portion with that comment.

Thank you Biscottiii for setting up our thread each week!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, May 22, 2023 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
oooohhh yes. great guess!!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, May 22, 2023 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Saw an ad for the finale today. It is this Wednesday, final five.

Marej

09-19-2002

Wednesday, May 24, 2023 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marej a private message Print Post    
Yam Yam.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, May 24, 2023 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Did Yam Yam win?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 24, 2023 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Did they get clean clothes for the final tribal? They look so clean.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, May 24, 2023 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Yes, Yam Yam.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 24, 2023 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
No votes for Carolyn to win, only one for heidi... all the others went to Yam Yam.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Wednesday, May 24, 2023 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Bummer Carson got out but good for Heidi!!! Bummed Carolyn didn't get any votes but really Yam-Yam sold it at the end!! Good for him.
I really enjoyed this seasons contestants.
Next season's contestants look interesting too.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, May 24, 2023 - 11:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ditto what Miz said. Yam-Yam really sold it.

Such a good group of contestants, really enjoyable questioning (no bitter people) and reunion.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 25, 2023 - 12:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yam Yam sold it and I think Heidi might have blown it when at least twice she rather rudely interrupted Yam Yam and boy did he handle those inerruptions smoothly.

The episode title was said by Matt.

Carson won the final five immunity and they sent Lauren out. Carson also got to go to the Refuge and eat spaghetti and meat sauce and cake and he took Yam Yam.

Then in the last competion it was the one with the balls swirling around and having to catch them. Carolyn was out first, then Yam Yam and then Heidi outlasted Carson.

She told them she was tempted to put herself into the fire competition to add to her resume.

They all practiced. Carson was not at all confident and Yam Yam actually coached him.

She chose to go into that comp and chose Carson to compete. She blew it away and in fact made the fastest fire in Survivor History.

So Carson was last on the jury.

The jury questions were all great and supportive and there was not one bit of bitterness on display.

Carson was so cute.. almost coaching Carolyn or Yam Yam at times and very responsive to any good answer.

Heidi got one vote (from Danny?) and Yam Yam got all the rest. They all said that they came into it open to listening and that seemed to be true.

Reveals were..

That Jaime's idol was fake..

And that Carson works with NASA.. that blew them away

And they are all super happy with Matt and Franny as a couple and they wholeheartedly acknowledged that fact.

I wonder if there was a Sia award??

The next season cast looks interesting.

Jeff did say they would put the fake idol into the next season and would it be fake or not?

I didn't think they looked that clean and oddly Carson had a big smudge of I guess carbon from the firemaking contest on his face during jury questioning.

They all seem to have more clothing this season.

Danny wore the blanket thing he's been wearing to jury..

I thought Heidi might win at the start of jury questioning but Yam Yam definitely sold it. He did very very well and I also think Heidi interrupting him at least twice didn't help her at all. I know for me, at that point I was rooting for Yam Yam, even Carolyn. Carolyn didn't do a bad job at all but Yam Yam just excelled..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 25, 2023 - 1:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Just watched Rob Cesternino podcast with Maryanne Oketch and they both mentioned about Heidi losing points when she interrupted Yam Yam.

And yes it was Danny who voted for Heidi.

They thought had Carson made it to final three after winning fire, he just might have won.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 25, 2023 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think Heidi also lost points for putting herself in the firemaking comp against the one person who wasn't very good at making fire, and who was very much liked by everyone else.

I still think it's interesting that Carolyn got no votes.

Yes, I think Carson would have won if he were in final 3 against any of them.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, May 25, 2023 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I was only able to watch the first half of the episode, up through fire making. After reading here, I'm not sure I will watch to the end. Don't get me wrong, there wasn't anyone I couldn't stand this season, but Yam Yam was NOT a favorite of mine, and neither was Heidi.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, May 25, 2023 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Carolyn didnt do well at final tribal. Like she said, she couldnt articulate as well as the rest of them. She was so happy for Yam Yam though.

I also agree Heidi didnt do well at tribal.

It was such a fun season! I wish all of them the best!

I am sure Sia will give her award to Carolyn or maybe even Carson

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 25, 2023 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think Carson deserves it more than Carolyn. He played a much better game and actually won some comps. :-)

Carolyn hardly said anything at tribal. She just seemed intimidated by the whole thing. But the good news is that I finally figured out why she bugs me so much. It's because everything she says is about her. It's all Carolyn all the time. That's just something that gets my goat. :-)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, May 25, 2023 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I have a feeling this will go down as one of those "controversial" wins. YamYam won only one individual IC and never won a reward challenge. I don't recall Carolyn ever winning an IIC or a RC.

And as much as I liked Carson, I thought it was shitty of him to bring YamYam on the RC when Carolyn had burned her idol for him.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 25, 2023 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think he brought YamYam as a strategic move? So he could talk to him one on one and determine who to vote out next. I think he saw Carolyn as more reliable.

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Thursday, May 25, 2023 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Can you imagine being around Carolyn 24/7? She was the goat everyone wanted at the end because she would get no votes.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, May 25, 2023 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I agree Karuuna, I actually thought he brought Yam Yam to convince him to keep Carolyn, so even though Carolyn didn't get to go on reward, it was actually a move in her favor.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 25, 2023 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't think any of them thought of Carolyn as the GOAT, but if anyone did, they wouldn't say that out loud for the record, so it could be.

People have pegged YamYam as the winner for quite some time, so I don't see it as controversial.

Leaving Carolyn back from the reward actually gave her a chance to look for the immunity idol, which none of them found.. amazing how they walked back and forth and seemed to be looking right at it.

And he also wanted to strategize with Yam Yam and did steer Yam Yam away from evicting Carolyn, as Lauren had many friends on the jury. Yes, what Scooter said.. to keep Carolyn. Had Yam Yam stayed back he would have been talking to the other woman and might have voted differently.

I cannot imagine being around Carolyn all the time, or Yam Yam either for that matter.. Luckily they live with people who love being with them.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, May 25, 2023 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah, both Carolyn and YamYam are exhausting. I won't miss Carolyn's screeching. She couldn't partake in a single challenge without screeching.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Thursday, May 25, 2023 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
So Sia gave out some extra money

Carolyn $100,000
Lauren $15,000
Carson $15,000