TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
13th Episode, May 24 Finale

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XLIV: 13th Episode, May 24 Finale users admin

“Absolute Banger Season”

Survivor
Survivor (on CBS)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 25, 2023Cinnamongirl25 05-25-23  2:09 pm
Archive through May 28, 2023Legalboxer25 05-28-23  1:42 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, May 28, 2023 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
I'm good with Yam Yam winning. From the beginning he was playing hard, conniving & cajoling not just riding Carolyn's coattails. In some exit interviews some players said she made clear that she didn't like THEM, not that they didn't try to like her.

With Heidi, she seemed to try to fly under the radar much of the season, but beefed her game & resume at the end. I didn't think she could win, even so.

Here's Dalton Ross exit interview with Yam Yam.
https://ew.com/tv/survivor-44-yam-yam-arocho-winner-interview/

If you look at the bottom, below the text portion, it gives links to other exit interviews & Related Content.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, May 28, 2023 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I can’t remember the winner ever being someone that I was rooting for. Yam yam wore on me through the season. I would’ve preferred Carson.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, May 29, 2023 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
What a great season this was! I enjoyed it so much. I really wanted Carson to win, or Carolyn would have been my second choice, but I understand the yam yam win. I was really afraid Heidi would get the win, so I'm happy with the results. Such a gracious set of players this year and a complete pleasure to watch. And yay for the Sia gifts. I like her choices.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, May 29, 2023 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It was a great season. I’m happy with Yam Yam winning.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, May 29, 2023 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I also really enjoyed this season!! Looking forward to the next one!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 29, 2023 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
We don't know much but we know Bruce is returning. And that little gavel might mean the return of the auctions.

And 90 minute episodes.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Thursday, June 01, 2023 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Legal: what did Sia do (not do) regarding the nonverbal autistic community?
Also: am I the only one who doesn’t like the shorter version of Survivor? And same location? Seems different (yet the same!) and makes it more dull to me. I also think they may have done a good job with more diversity BUT NOT quite. There are never older people. Like over 60. I also miss basic hidden immunity idols. They seem to have fewer of them?? But glad they don’t have exile island at least. And I liked it better when they had to do stuff like eat bugs and brains….

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, June 01, 2023 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Julieboo: short summary, Sia created/produced the movie "Music" in 2021, and 1) did not respond well to autistic community questioning casting choices, 2) depicted restraint in the most horrible way in the movie - and in a manner that suggests its ok to do it like that (well its not ok to do it in any manner but...), 3) stereotyped the nonspeaking autistic character (portrayed by her favorite star Maddie from Dance Moms), along with having blatant racist stereotypes of Africans and Asians in the movie, 4) had a direct opportunity through the nonprofit I chaired at the time to correct the restraint scenes/put statement at the beginning of movie and did NOT do so. It actually got to a point where the Golden Globes officials reached out to our nonprofit to try to avoid the backlash from Sia's statements/treatment of the disability community. The ONLY upside is our nonprofit was able to get an international group of autistic directors/producers etc to make a 5 minute short film (within two weeks) with actual nonspeaking autistic people which went on to win a lot of awards in 2022 - and be used as a toolkit to show nonspeaking autistic people communicating (and one shared stories of horror of restraint). We have seen celebrities make mistakes and take accountability for them - Sia doubled down on her actions and put the disability community in danger for anyone who watches the movie and thinks such treatment is acceptable.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Thursday, June 01, 2023 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Wow! Thank you for all that info. Glad there was a silver lining at least!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 01, 2023 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sia recently came out as being on the spectrum herself.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: