TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
7th Episode, April 12

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XLIV: 7th Episode, April 12 users admin

“Let's Not Be Cute About It”

Survivor
Survivor (on CBS)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 12, 2023Grooch28 04-12-23  5:45 pm
Archive through April 14, 2023Sincebb125 04-14-23  10:54 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 14, 2023 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I hope we get that interview fairly soon..

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, April 14, 2023 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Ha, ha. Me too!

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, April 15, 2023 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
So bummed Matt was voted out.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, April 15, 2023 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Was listening to Jeff's podcast. Every one of them were sad about Matt leaving. He is very weel liked.

They talked about Matt leaving his bag behind at camp. One of them asked Jeff if Matt would have been allowed to get his bag if someone had thought to bring it to Tribal Council. They were talking about the fact that it had never happened before that the tribe had not returned to camp after a challenge or before Tribal

Jeff said, making decisions based on what has always happened before on Survivor is not always a good bet. Things change. You never know what they are going to throw at you.

He never really answered the question. But at the moment he did seem like he was considering it. Jeff was probably thankful Matt's Idol wasn't real (although he did have his Shot In The Dark) and also that no one though to bring the bag. Matt is so well liked it would have been an unpopular decision had Jeff said no.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, April 16, 2023 - 5:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
In another interview with Dalton Ross, Jeff said that Matt would not have been able to use the Shot in the Dark if someone had brought his bag to TC.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, April 16, 2023 - 6:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
INteresting info Since and Lexie, thanks for sharing!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, April 16, 2023 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The lesson here is ALWAYS bring your bag to a challenge!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, April 16, 2023 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
That's even worse then that he asked...." Did anyone bring the bag?" Because yeah, you can't use it lol

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, April 16, 2023 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
What if someone needed something medica in their bag? Would they allow it to be brought? Which is a foolish question, of course they would or be legally liable.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 17, 2023 - 1:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Always bringing your bag is the best idea. On the know it alls podcast, Rob said in his two seasons he thought production would have brought a bag if someone needed it, while Stephen said he just always brought his bag with him.

Rob I think was able to ask Jeff Probst on Jeff's podcast and no they would not have brought his bag to him. So no shot in the dark possible.

Lexie, oh I get what you are saying.. yes besides production not bringing the bag, no one could have brought it to tribal council..

Stephen and Rob often talk about "the rulebook" and laugh and say there IS no rulebook, so decisions are made .. and sometimes the survivors ask for or suggest and GET something but usually not. And when something that is always done suddenly is NOT to be done, they just have to roll with the decisions.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, April 17, 2023 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes, from the rules I have read or that have been discussed by past contestants, you have to disclose any medications you take when you apply. Only vital meds are allowed. Medical keeps and dispenses medications.

At least on one instance that I can remember, there was a contestant that had something that they let them keep in their bag. Can't remember if it was an epi pen or an inhaler? But you would think if you needed something like that, you would not leave it behind when going to a challenge. But if you did, and you needed it, medical staff has it on hand.

I know Jeff said they wouldn't have given Matt his bag, but I felt like he was mulling it over in his mind? Maybe he would have negotiated some exchange? It's true that the "rules" are just guidelines. Jeff can do whatever he wants.

I also wonder if the SITD could now be used by another person. Or if his idol were real, if Matt could have left it to someone? Who knows what Jeff might have decided in the moment

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: