TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
6th Episode, April 5

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XLIV: 6th Episode, April 5 users admin

“Survivor With a Capital S”

Survivor
Survivor (on CBS)

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, April 02, 2023 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
"Survivor With a Capital S"

1 hr
From last week's preview, looks like merge time.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 05, 2023 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
good interview with Carolyn. Is this a first interviewing contestants before they are voted out? I hope it isnt a bad sign, I really dont think so, I think she makes finals

https://ew.com/tv/survivor-44-carolyn-wiger-merge-interview/

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, April 05, 2023 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Thanks for posting the interview. It's fun to hear their experiences about the first half of the season.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 05, 2023 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree!

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Wednesday, April 05, 2023 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I am wondering why so many want Josh voted out. He doesn't seem annoying or mean, yet hes on everyone's lips as the one to go!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 05, 2023 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree but I think they figured he was a social threat.

I dont see how Carolyn can win this, they are all so dismissive of her. Broke my heart. I think this is Carson's game to lose. They even had a shot of him looking at fire and the fire showing on his glasses. I think that is a sign. Maybe he will bring Carolyn to the end cuz he knows he can beat her

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, April 05, 2023 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I just love Carson. He’s so smart and unobtrusive when dealing with others. I really want him to win… since all my favorites never win, I’m sure he won’t. But, I can already tell he’s a Survivor force.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, April 05, 2023 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Carson has been my favorite since the beginning. Carolyn wormed her way onto my heart lol She really is more aware than I originally gave her credit for.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, April 05, 2023 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I agree with Sincebb1 about Carolyn. She can read these people like a book. I like her so much more now than I did after the first episode. And Carson -- he is amazing! I was wondering how he was able to do the puzzle so fast. He is very a mature 19-year-old.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, April 05, 2023 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I am really liking Carolyn, although I thought she was older than 35. The way she went up that slanted wall and grabbed that rope netting and then pulled herself up with upper body strength was amazing. (Of course, Frannie did the same and was also amazing.) And then when poor tiny Jaime couldn't get anywhere close to reaching the rope, Carolyn was practically hanging by her feet and pulling Jaime up, again with upper body strength.

I still don't understand why the big guy, Brandon didn't just have Jaime stand on his shoulders. That has long been a Survivor standard for getting the little ones up the high walls.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, April 06, 2023 - 3:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
In the first episode, I thought Carolyn was just nuts but my opinion has definitely changed over the course of the last few weeks. She is absolutely playing this game and she is way more aware of her surroundings than people give her credit. It's kind of funny that Carolyn is totally aware of what's going on and Jaime doesn't have a clue... LOL

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 06, 2023 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm rooting for Carson also! What a smart young man to make these puzzles at home and practice!

Carolyn may be aware, but her behavior is still offputting to me. She's just so over the top...

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, April 06, 2023 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I also loved Carson from the get-go. I hope he wins too, but my favorites never seem to win, so I hope he goes far so we can enjoy him in every episode.
And yes, Carolyn still impresses me with how aware she is and how well she seems to know the game. Also, she seems to realize she needs to tone it down a bit. I understand her frustration when she was telling them that Josh's idol was fake and they were dismissive of her. She did a good job of just letting it go. I hope Carson and she team up and go far.
I think people didn't trust Josh and also felt he was a threat. I don't think they see Carolyn as a threat which could help propel her forward.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 06, 2023 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I don’t see Carolyn making the connections that will be required to win. She’s quite good in her awareness of what’s going on though. right now, it seems Carson, Carolyn and Yam Yam have decided to stay together based on last night’s episode. But, they decided to keep it on the down low to avoid being a target.
I think Matt and Frannie are not very good at keeping their attraction under wraps.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, April 06, 2023 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Every time I look through the photos of who is left, I wonder who this Heidi person is, lol. It's like Kane in that we really don't know why so many want him out unless it's all over Brandon's fragile ego and the rest are just happy to not have their name out there.

I'm loving the Matt and Frannie dork love! I think it's the first time in 44 seasons where I have rooted for a love match.

Both Carson and Yam Yam go up and down for me. One week they irritate me and the next week I'm laughing with them again.

I can't help but feel that Carolyn's anxiety has died down since they have merged. She now has the space to sit back a bit while others like Yam Yam are up front and squirming. Yay!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 06, 2023 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I know why production is all in on Carolyn.. she is drama personified but IS calling out some strategy blunders by others. I find her a bit irritating and couldn't imagine living on an island with her but I know why she is most talked about everywhere people talk about Survivor US.

I really like Carson. I like the couple but worry that he just cannot cool it with his crushing.

I was FINE with Josh going home. I think I have a cognitive glitch as he reminds me of one of the RHAP podcasters I enjoy, but he isn't LIKE that podcaster, which disappoints me (totally not his fault! But that happens when someone reminds you of someone you like) AND I was happy not to see yet another woman be booted in a row.

I am not fond of the totally arbitrary splitting into two groups and one being safe at the expense of the others based on a comp. Luckily I was strongly rooting for the six who won, so that was a relief.

Yam Yam just keeps saying unfortunate things. I didn't want him voted out, but he just isn't cutting it for me.

I wish Jeff would back of on the calling out of some individuals and also, as when he listed who was on each team of the divided group, he stressed the couple "x and Y" and... That was just not needed and helps put them in danger.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, April 06, 2023 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
When Josh made a deal with Yam Yan and then voted for him anyway. I can't always see who is voting for who, but yam yam stands out as two short words. Didn't see who Yam Yam voted for.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, April 06, 2023 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yam yam voted for Josh. I had to rewind to see who voted for Kane, and it was Carolyn. Hmmm....

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 06, 2023 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Heh, no one confides in Carolyn because she can't be trusted.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, April 06, 2023 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
yeah, it doesn't bode well for Carolyn that she was left out of some vote discussion, it appears.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, April 06, 2023 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

I wonder who this Heidi person is, lol.

Hahahaha! Watching live last night, I heard the name Heidi and said, "there is someone named Heidi on the show?!?" And then it turns out she is also from Puerto Rico. Who knew?

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, April 07, 2023 - 3:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I think Carolyn knew what she was doing when she voted for Kane.

She purposely threw a hinky vote to make everyone paranoid and sow distrust.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, April 07, 2023 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I hope you're right Grooch!
Both Heidi and Lauren are fairly invisible players and mostly only seemed to get screen time because they were part of the vulnerable six this week.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: