TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 17, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XLIV: 3rd Episode, March 15: Archive through March 17, 2023 users admin

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, March 12, 2023 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
"Sneaky Little Snake"

1 hr

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, March 12, 2023 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
There are a few of them....

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, March 12, 2023 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I would think that would be Caroline.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, March 12, 2023 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I don't think they would refer to Carolyn as little. I haven't really formed any impression of their sizes yet, though.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, March 13, 2023 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Maybe Lauren. She's small in size, and she's already lied to her teammates.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, March 13, 2023 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
the firefighter is also short compared to the rest and maybe they figure he found it

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, March 13, 2023 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I was thinking of her saying that since she originally saw the snake.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 15, 2023 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
So…. Here’s what I think is the status of the various idols and advantages at the end of this episode.

Danny. Real idol
Matt. Fake idol (coin) from birdcage
Matthew. Real idol
Lauren. Fake idol built by Matthew
Carolyn. Idol from birdcage. Not sure if it’s the real or fake one.
Yam yam. Idol found

Am I missing any thing?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, March 15, 2023 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I think you have it right? That was genius of Danny to replace fake idol in birdcage. But I feel bad Matt found it.

Am I wrong...but I could have sworn they used to not be able sit same person out twice let alone three times? When did they change this?

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Wednesday, March 15, 2023 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
I also wondered why she sat out 3 times in a row.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, March 15, 2023 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jamie not Lauren found the fake idol

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 15, 2023 - 10:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Thanks. Jamie. That was the one that I wasn’t clear about.

Updated

Danny. Real idol
Matt. Fake idol (coin) from birdcage
Matthew. Real idol
Jamie. Fake idol built by Matthew
Carolyn. Idol from birdcage. Not sure if it’s the real or fake one.
Yam yam. Idol found

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, March 16, 2023 - 5:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Carolyn has the real idol from the birdcage. I don't think she was smart enough to be build a fake idol like Danny and Matt. If she did, they never showed it on TV.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, March 16, 2023 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Thank you Kooklie for the list of idols. It's too many to keep track of to the point that I don't care any more. Honestly, I don't like the fact that they handed 3 people pre-made fake idols to use. If you want to fool somebody, then you should have to make your own. In future seasons, I wouldn't believe any idol was real.

So glad to see the 'laziness czar', as Claire called herself a few episodes ago, go home! I was afraid Franny would convince them to keep her. Lowered my impression of Franny just tiny wee bit.

I liked the challenge they had because it was challenging but not so much so that it wiped them out completely. Good cast this season!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 16, 2023 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the bird cage idol note said something like 'here's a real idol AND a fake idol'.... so wouldn't the note have given something away? Am I dreaming? (I could be confused!)

Lexie - Carolyn left an empty bag but it was also pretty clear the bag had been opened. She was in too much of a hurry.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, March 16, 2023 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Being that Danny ate one of the notes after he opened the birdcage and saw what was in there, I think each item was wrapped saying that it was either fake or real. So, 2 notes.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 16, 2023 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Kooklie... I did not see that! TBH, I don't think that's fair (for production to provide a separate note).

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, March 16, 2023 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Me either. I just get annoyed at too many idols and advantages too.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 16, 2023 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, Danny was holding one note while cramming the other in his mouth.

Jeff loves advantages.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, March 16, 2023 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
To have THREE fake idols in the mix...thats too much. Once someone gets burned, especially if fake idols make it to the merge. People will start to be scared to use an idol they found.

First it was too many idols. Then it was the idol came with a disadvantage. Now there are multiple bogus idols. I do not like the direction that the idol has taken. I also don't care for when someone goes home with an idol in their pocket everyone knows automatically that there's a new idol planted somewhere.

The old saying, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" applies here...to the original game, IMO. The ingenuity of a player to come up with the idea and to find materials, then craft their own fake idol. That now is lost.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 16, 2023 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am annoyed by so many advantages...

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, March 16, 2023 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I hate all the "advantages/disadvantages" - especially the Prisoner's Dilemma. I despise that as well as I hated the Hourglass.

But I do love the chaos that fake idols bring to the game. The three people that have real idols won't be afraid to use them. Too bad Carolyn never figured out that she should make whatever was in her bag that had no value into a fake idol.

Ariasmum

07-21-2006

Friday, March 17, 2023 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ariasmum a private message Print Post    
Kane butchered our national anthem so badly that I was surprised to see he really is Canadian.

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Friday, March 17, 2023 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, if I remember correctly, I believe the note stated that there other 'trinkets' were not idols so do with it as you like. I do not believe they were referred to as 'fake idols'.

Sincebb, I am going to see if I can find it but I read an article wherein Jeff Probst was asked about not being allowed to sit out back-to-back challenges and why it is being allowed. Jeff said they would be addressing the issue but in the past the 'back-to-back rule' was based on reward challenges and immunity challenges. He stated that in the cases where there was only an immunity challenge and no reward challenge, the rule has not applied. Again, he said they have it on the white board to discuss. If I can find the article, I will provide a link.

Koolie, thanks for the post on the idols. I completely lost track of who has what!

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Friday, March 17, 2023 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
Found this link regarding Jeff Probst addressing issue sit out rules?

LINK