TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 16, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XLIII: 13th Show, Dec 14 - Finale: Archive through December 16, 2022 users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree Pamy. I think that is a clear indication of his sincerity.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Very happy with the winner. As a widow of a disabled veteran I applaud you ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
My first reaction - bitter bitter bitter jury. But the show isn't over where I am. I'll be back.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Gabler won it at tribal council, not that production was withholding some sort of indicators all along. I found it absolutely amazing that Gabler kept surviving every vote, like he was invisible. Every now and then he would do a cameo telling the viewer that was his strategy, to hide in plain sight. I believe it was the alligator analogy that won the jury over, when he told them he could see once where he was getting too high profile, so he made like an alligator and sank below the surface of the water. Then a couple sentences later he casually referred to himself as Alli-Gabler. And then James repeated it back in his next question, thus making sure the jury knew it was a deliberate strategy.

I had been wondering all along, especially the past few episodes, how Gabler could possibly think he had any shot at winning if he made final three. And damned if he didn't have a winning strategy, although I hooted as loud as anybody when the votes were read.

Hahahahahahaha, what a fun season!

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
I liked Gabler, but I was rooting for Qwen.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 11:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Well the winner was the only one I didn't think had done enough. When Karla said she'd essentially tell the jury Cassidy didn't deserve to win, I thought that it was a threat to keep her in the game, not something she'd actually do if she was out of the game. But I get the impression she did actually downplay Cassidy's role to the jury, and that probably lost Cassidy some votes.

That and I think some like Cody valued friendship over game, and Gubler was clearly a good guy.

I'd have liked Jesse to win, or once he was out I'd have been happy with Cassidy or Owen, depending on who sold themselves the most. I think when some watch the game back they'll see how much Cassidy did and maybe think their vote should have been for her.

Anyway, they seemed like a great bunch of people, and the "reunion"/final hour was a pleasure to watch.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, December 15, 2022 - 1:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I was thinking as I watched the finale...this really was a great group of people. They were so supportive of each other, unlike any other season. There was very little real discord. They all had such respect for each other. I agree it was a pleasure to watch.

I was rooting for Gabler from the beginning. But also for many of the others. Noelle captured my heart early on. Sami , Cody, Karla all worthy. Loved Owen. I don't understand how he didn't get any votes. I thought it would be between Gabler and Owen.

I was also also waiting to see if CBS would match the 1 million to give to the veterans...

Well, here's to next season and "pooping on myself" in anticipation! Lol "Let's play Survivor!"

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 15, 2022 - 1:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think Cassidy lost it when half the jury refuted what she chose as her strongest move.

Gabler, I believe, had a specific nonprofit in mind. And he sure built a heck of a fire.

I was rooting for Owen, but everyone seemed happy with the outcome.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 15, 2022 - 1:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I wondered about matching money, or some money. Sia money?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, December 15, 2022 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thatโ€™s the thing about doing the reunion on the island right after the vote, there canโ€™t be any sort of viewer (or Sia) favourite. Perhaps CBS will announce something today.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 15, 2022 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It also doesn't allow any time for any of them to digest what just happened.

And we don't know for sure that Gabler didn't tell them about his plans for the money. As usual, we saw an edited version of tribal council. I tend to think that he did not tell them, but we don't know. I think he is sincere.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 15, 2022 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, I said I couldn't warm up to Jesse, but I did in the finale. My heart really went out to him, and if he had made it final 3, he was the clear winner.

I was rooting for Owen, but after watching the questioning I was just hoping he'd get at least one vote. :-) Gabler won it thru his sincerity, the fact that he actually built strong relationships with every single person, and he was able to convince them at tribal that he played the quiet, discerning game. He really was a great strategist, just not an overt one like Jesse or Cassidy.

I wish he'd kept a little money to himself, but perhaps he really doesn't need it. It was very moving that he donated it, and the fact that he said it was from all of them shows exactly why he won. He honestly cared about everyone out there, and they knew it.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 15, 2022 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, in her interview, Cassidy chose another moment, which was verified by other players, but they didn't air that one. She does still seem to have a lot of disappointment over losing.

As for Gabler, in his interview (in People), he said he did not tell them before the vote (about donating the money). He only said it once in a confessional.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, December 15, 2022 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I never warmed up to Cassidy, I was so upset when she won FIC. They had so many chances to get her out. I'm glad she didn't win.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, December 15, 2022 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
In The Tribe Has Spoken game, I had chosen Owen as the sole winner with Gabler and Sami(maybe?) in the finale because I liked the three of them from the beginning.

I think Karla showed her true colors and her bitterness in making sure she vocalized that Cassidy had accomplished nothing. Jesse's insistence that she didn't really earn her spot in the finale because she wouldn't make fire was pure BS. She EARNED her spot in the finale by winning the FIC dude! I'm glad Gabler is donating his win but I think this was a jury easily manipulated by a very few bitter people. Seriously, Owen didn't get one vote from this group? Only Cody looked uneasy in how it all went down.

Let this be a lesson to future contestants - be the ultimate goat and just have a really great story for the end. After two seasons of this, it is now official. You are an absolute loser if you win at immunity challenges. Who knew.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, December 15, 2022 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Did anyone notice Cassidy's hair? It seemed like she had static electricity in it. All the small hairs on top of her head were standing straight up lol

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, December 15, 2022 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I did! LOL

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, December 15, 2022 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I did too, lol! It's like something was right above her pulling it up.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, December 15, 2022 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I never warmed to Cassidy either and I thought for sure she would win, but it seems like the jury didn't see her as an influence on others, even though she was on the right side of the votes, seems like Karla, Jesse and Cody felt they were the ones pulling the strings. Gabler seemed to play an "anyone but me" style of game, and like Sandra, it seemed to work well for him. I think he also clearly saw and articulated his own game. Owen 'survived' by winning necessary immunities, but I don't think was viewed as any kind of power in the game either.

I'm okay with Gabler as a winner and his generous donation. I think he likely doesn't need the money. Not sure his kids would agree. LOL.

And yes, Jesse impressed me. His insight. I hope he really understands his value now, and starts to expand his friend circle a bit. I hope he gets a fantastic job as he seems very smart and capable.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, December 15, 2022 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Lol glad I wasn't the only one...it was like it was the science fair and Cassidy grabbed the dome on a Van Graaff generator....or rubbed a balloon on her head!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, December 16, 2022 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I wasnโ€™t a Cassidy fan either. Online, some are comparing her to Parvarti, which I donโ€™t see at all.

To me, the only time Jesse seemed to relax during his time on Survivor was after it was all over. He was laughing and genuinely happy. Through the entire season, he always was very intense and calculating everything. I do have a feeling that we may see Jesse run for office sometime in the future.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, December 16, 2022 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Did anyone notice that Sami wasn't drinking champagne????

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 16, 2022 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Gabler.. In interview with Robhasapodcast said that Production did know of his donation plan, so this was out there with those controlling the logistics.

I don't know how they determine the order of questions for the final three, but Production had Gabler answering first most of the time, which was probably an advantage, and Owen last, which was probably a disadvantage. It was not alphabetical by first name Cassidy Mike Owen, or last name Clark Gabler Wright, maybe by age, or maybe because Gabler won Fire.

Karla (and James) seemed to be on the jury with an anti Cassidy agenda.

Cody and Jesse seemed to be a lobby group for a pro Gabler agenda. Yes, the claim is they came in without agenda (or that their original choice and agenda, Jesse, was taken out by Gabler in fire challenge) and Gabler blew them away, but there was obvious lobbying for Gabler and anti Cassidy prior to final voting.

So Gabler had some advantages from the start, but he also was well prepared and presented his case very well. So he won, but the vote count was heavy.

I am guessing that the one Cassidy vote was to ensure that she got more money than did Owen.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, December 16, 2022 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Scooter, he isnt 21 so legally he couldnt

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, December 16, 2022 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
It is sad that Gabler isnt get accolades online for this generous donation. People are so pissed Cassidy didnt win and so many are pissed he did. Twitter and even FB is really making me sad for Gabler. He deserved this win and made history with the donation. I wish him well!