TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
8th Show, Nov 9

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XLIII: 8th Show, Nov 9 users admin

"Proposterous"

Survivor
Survivor (on CBS)

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, November 06, 2022 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
"Preposterous"

1 hr

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Tuesday, November 08, 2022 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
hmmm. I will guess that Sami says that

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, November 08, 2022 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Sometimes WE say it too...lol

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, November 08, 2022 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I'm guessing James. LOL Since!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, November 08, 2022 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
My guess is Gabler.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, November 09, 2022 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
No spoilers? Who went home tonight?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, November 09, 2022 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Janine went home. They were choosing between Ryan and her, and in the end decided her (I guess, they didn't show them turn).

I missed who said "preposterous."

Has James ever mentioned his voice? It sounds like he's had some surgery or something on his voice box.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 09, 2022 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Actually it was "PROPOSTEROUS" and spelled that way in the title of the episode on the CBS site and on the flag. I think Cody was the one to paint that "word" on the flagpole along the bottom of the flag.

Unfortunately the 7 who feel in power sent Jeanine home. There was an effort to target Ryan but Cody nixed it.

Cassidy is part of the seven but really wanted a guy to go this time and a strong physical player.. but Cody claims that Jeanine is a big threat.

owen won immunity, or he might have been the target. That was discussed. Noelle, Gabler and Sami also on the bottom.

I had hopes that Karla would go with the flip to Ryan but not in the end.

They sat out 5 players who felt safe (Karla said her hand couldn't handle the challenge anyway) to get rice. Someone tried for 4 and Jeff this season said no way.

the challenge was to balance a ball and keep adding to the pole. Came down to Cody and Owen and Owen outlasted.

Kitt, it was looking like Ryan but when Cody was approached he stuck with Jeanine.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, November 09, 2022 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
At least they cleared up my total confusion about the vote last week. How upset is Jenine going to be when she finds out Dwight gave her immunity idol to Jesse! How does Jesse still have Cody's idol too?

I have been wondering what is up with James' voice myself. I didn't notice it at the beginning...but the last couple shows I keep thanking he sounds like he needs to clear his throat.

Was surprised Ryan thought it was a good idea to rest the rod on his forehead. It clearly made it go off to one side. Gabler wasn't even looking at the top of his. Owen seemed to be the only one keeping his gaze fixed on his ball.

Maybe next week they will start pulling out the idol/advantages? And let's see if Jesse keeps his (Jenine's) idol secret

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 09, 2022 - 11:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow, I missed that part about Jeanine's idol!!

If so, then Dwight lied in his exit interviews.. Maybe not allowed to talk about it last week.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, November 10, 2022 - 12:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah....Jesse said Dwight came up and passed the idol to him...I didn't get why though...was the intention for Jesse to give the idol back to Jenine? If he thought he was being voted out...just weird. But...the bracelet that Jenine gave Dwight looked more brown colored that the bracelet that Dwight gave Jesse. Could it be a fake bracelet? Lol

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 10, 2022 - 12:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Dwight has tweeted to all those who interviewed him that he didn't say anything that was untrue. He said that Jeanine did not get the idol back. He did not say he took it with him. (watching Survivor Know it alls with Rob and Stephen Fishbach...)

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, November 10, 2022 - 12:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Ah ha!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, November 10, 2022 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I went back to look. When Jeanine handed Dwight the bead immunity bracelet, she had it together with what looked like, one of those stretchy spiral wristbands to hold keys. That's why it looked different than the yellow stringed beaded bracelet we saw later. But I still don't understand the intention behind Dwight ditching the idol though.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Thursday, November 10, 2022 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
The misdirection edit of this game show is freakin ridiculous. I am reminded why I gave up watching Survivor many years ago.

Since I decided to watch TAR this season due to Derek and Claire, and the twins, Survivor was right there, I thought I’d give it another chance.

Maybe I’m spoiled by Big Brother, but I like to follow along and participate as a viewer, knowing the reasons and scenarios that lead to a person’s demise. Instead, I’m the one getting blindsided every damn week.

I’ll slog my way to the end because I want to know if one of the 3 remaining ladies can somehow slither through the sausage fest, Heh.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, November 10, 2022 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
That's so funny Rosem because I can't watch BB. We all definitely have our favorite shows. They need to just give Survivor two hours each week because so much happens so quickly.

Go Owen! Hopefully he can keep winning those II or he is gone soon. I can't believe the women didn't stick together this week. That will be their downfall in the long run. I think Karla has the best shot among the ladies to make it to final 3 but who the heck knows, lol. I am enjoying all these people this season for different reasons. it's a good cast!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, November 10, 2022 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I like Jesse, a lot. He’s not getting too much air time, but sometimes that’s a good thing.
My favs are Karla, Jessie, Owen and Sami.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, November 10, 2022 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I was so glad that Owen was able to save himself! I do worry that the ladies are being picked off. Surely the guys will start to go after each other soon.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 10, 2022 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think those who interviewed Dwight still feel burned a bit.

In Rob's interview with Jeanine, he stressed truth telling and she said of course. She said her chin injury from the log.. at the time she felt like she was dying trying to get past that log but really wasn't bothered by how she looked as time went on. She said getting to watch the season with her father, who was a huge Survivor fan, has been just wonderful. And as a huge fan herself, she can appreciate the intrigue and idol hand offs. She was not asking for him to return the idol, but was trying to comfort him.

She did think about shot in the dark but felt it would say that she didn't trust others and only buy her one day if she couldn't trust them.

Hmm, I've watched every season of BB, Amazing Race and Survivor and they are just different shows. Clearly we get more insight into BB because of feeds, though some things are still blocked. I love BB but it is also a huge committment, especially in the early years when there was no flashback possibility and I was able to do hours of live feeds and we would try to document everything. Now there are podcasters who can go back and watch at higher speed and let us know what happened and that is a relief for me and has been for awhile.

Amazing Race I've just loved all along and Survivor has ups and downs depending on the season I think but I'm certainly still watching.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 10, 2022 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Seems like James played a big part in nixing the flip, though he sounded like he was open to it (smart play on his part, seem flexible but get your way).

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Thursday, November 10, 2022 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
I do have some positives about the show, don’t want to be a total debbie downer, so here they are:

I agree about the favorites. Love Owen, so happy he got immunity after picking up on a vibe that he might not be safe. That worked to motivate him because he knew he needed that immunity.

Proud of Karla and especially Jesse for keeping a damn secret for a change. Quite a sneaky move there by Jesse snagging that idol!

Sami reminded me of Kyle from BB24, but he is nothing like Kyle and is so much more mature and self aware - I am a fan.

I even like Gabler, he’s a beast and also a character.

The cast is great, I just wish I got more of them.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Thursday, November 10, 2022 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Another reason why I decided to watch Survivor is that I enjoy Taran on RHAP talking about it.

This weeks stockwatch mentions how the edit is set up for a big shift in the game, focused a lot on the supposed blindside of Ryan, and then…for some reason, none of it happened and Jeanine is voted out. It was a let down. Why do producers think this is a good idea?

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Thursday, November 10, 2022 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
“Why do I need to see the next episode so I can understand this one!?” -Taran

EXACTLY!!!!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, November 10, 2022 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Lol...that's kinda what I thought.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, November 10, 2022 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Not having listened to Taran, can you tell me the context in which he asked that question? Did JP say it someplace? What is stockwatch? I'm so confused!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, November 11, 2022 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I have to think that Jesse tricked Dwight into giving him the idol as Jesse knew Dwight was going to be voted out. I wish they had made it clear why Dwight handed off that idol.

The producers do try to make it a mystery who is going home and I appreciate that. I think it would be boring if they didn't. I think it also shows us how much scheming and scrambling is goingn on in camp and why or how they become so paranoid.

And Sami reminded me a bit of Kyle too. But just all the good parts (youthful enthusiasm, etc.)

I enjoy BB, TAR and Survivor each in their own ways. I found it interesting on RHAP they are complaining about tribal being too long, taking up too much time in the show. I think it's because PRobst needs screen time! LOL But they didn't suggest that, although they have to be thinking it.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Friday, November 11, 2022 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Hi Kappy and sorry for the confusion. Stockwatch is a RHAP BB thing where people bet money on who they think is playing the best game each week and then the RHAP panel rates each HG. They do a stockwatch for Survivor but no one bets on this since the storylines are edited. This is just for fun.

As to the question, I have also noticed that I am totally confused at the end of the episode when production “surprises” me, and then at the beginning of the following week’s episode, they give a bit of context as to what happened last week. I find this so annoying, and agreed with Taran. Like, why do I have to be confused for a whole week??! LOL!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, November 11, 2022 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Lol, Rosem - I get it and thank you for the explanation.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 11, 2022 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They don't bet real money, though.

On the RHAP feedback show podcast with Rob and Kirsten, finally got the origin of PROPOSTEROUS..

Cody and Sami were naming their BOAT.. nothing to do with the flag. They painted that on the boat... And "Live to be Radical".

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Saturday, November 12, 2022 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
What a great watch IMHO! Thinking about the timing here... since Dwight left before the Jury started at Ponderosa, he had no way to tell Jeanine that he gave her II to Jesse. Jesse is playing a smart game & keeping his mouth SHUT! So Jeanine DOESN'T, by chance, have that knowledge to tell anyone or taint the Jury pool.

This looks different from past Ponderosa flicks, but appears to be Jeanine's Ponderosa:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMwznLT69lE

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 12, 2022 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That is different. Usually they show how much weight they lost (and Jeanine looked to be down to nothing) and the great food and such..

Jeanine made jury so she likely found out about the idol at some point.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, November 13, 2022 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
That was a Tiktok clip, so I am guessing there is no more Ponderosa, and these are just evictees making their own. I really hope they go back to having a real Ponderosa.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 14, 2022 - 4:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ponderosa is still there (I think), but apparently without a camera crew. They have done the self done video in recent seasons, but Jeanine's was more abreviated than others have been.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, November 14, 2022 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Sea.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: