TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
2nd Show, Sep 28

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XLIII: 2nd Show, Sep 28 users admin

"Lovable Curmudgeon"

Survivor
Survivor (on CBS)

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, September 25, 2022 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
"Lovable Curmudgeon"

Appears to be 1-1/2 hr show.  Followed by TAR.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, September 28, 2022 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Yes, another 3 hours of happiness and fun!

See you when it's all over on the West coast

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Wednesday, September 28, 2022 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Wow, that one guy is out there trying to get fish for his tribe and there's a woman going thu his stuff to see if he still has any immunity!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, September 28, 2022 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I would love for this to be 90 min each week!!!

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Wednesday, September 28, 2022 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I like 90 min too. You get more of the stories and the scrambling

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, September 28, 2022 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yep, 90 minutes was real good pacing.

I was kinda surprised to see Baka win the immunity challenge tonight, since it was SO physical, and both of the woman are kinda small, and Gabler was so sick. I suspect it was mostly Sami's brawn that got that 400 pound fish over the cage (Johnathan could have done it single-handedly, of course), but oh, those small women were warriors AND puzzle-solvers as well.

I think the red team probably sent the right person home, thanks to Jesse running that tribe with a velvet fist. Getting Cody's vote back by manipulating the rest of the tribe was genius and I believe a plan engineered by Jesse.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, September 28, 2022 - 10:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And that method of getting the vote back will probably be unique to this season. However it will be really interesting to see how well this is handled in the other two tribes. After this season, no one will just hand over those beads..

Loved the giant snakes.. I have much smaller versions in wood, but not so brightly colored..

I know it is allowed, but I still hate the "going through someone's bag" tactic, so I'm glad in the preview, someone did alert Gabler about that. and the bonus for us is we know for sure that it is good for GABLER's first two tribal counciels.

I agree about the 90 minutes but I think the Love Boat is going to suck away the extra 30 minutes from Survivor and from Amazing Race...

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, September 29, 2022 - 3:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
One of my biggest complaints about when they go to three tribes (when the show is only one hour) is there is always one tribe we know nothing about until the switch up because that tribe dominated and got very little airtime after the IC. I'm totally digging the 90 minute format!!

I don't know if I agree that the right person went home. Nneka did absolutely nothing to help her team at the IC.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, September 29, 2022 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Nneka hurt her tribe... she threw the puzzle piece they were looking for on the ground without even bothering to look into the bag to see what it contained. They would have been better off if she did absolutely nothing.

Part of me can't believe they kept her but I also agree that Justine was really dangerous/smart...

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 29, 2022 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I have to agree about not sending Nneka home... she seems to be really popular at camp, and works hard. But it always amazes me that they don't seem to get the concept of having to win immunity challenges to even get to any merge or re-shuffling.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, September 29, 2022 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
My respect for Jesse only grew last night with how he dealt with different people. I like Juju's term "with a velvet fist"! After Justine told him she didn't trust him, I understood better why he voted her out. Hopefully Nneke contributes more next time then she did in this comp.

As for the person who was upset that Cody was out swimming, it only made me appreciate Cody more after not being so sure about him last week. I was surprised to hear he was from the midwest with that accent but if you live in Hawaii, especially on Oahu, you learn to speak Hawaiian pidgin quickly due to their feelings about Haoles. Between Dwight's mumbling and Cody's accent, I was begging for captions last night, lol!

I know it's early but I'm going with Elie as being given the winner's edit after they again spent so much time on her. And hopefully Gabler figured out the spear although we didn't see him catch anything. I'm still rooting for him.

Those snakes looked like wet mattresses that they had to carry - I felt for all of them! I also felt for Nicole as running in sand must be terribly difficult for her.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, September 29, 2022 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Nneke was terrible at the challenge. It seemed to me it wasnt just that she couldnt keep up it was that she didnt seem to want to. She hung out at the bottom of the ladder watching them try to get that snake over. Then when the got the snake in the water she hung by the back doing absolutely nothing. I would have sent her home pronto. She added nothing to the challenge and they will keep ending up at tribal council with her unable to compete.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, September 29, 2022 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Kar, I can see why Jesse wanted Justine gone. She foolishly told him that she could lie straight to his face and he would believe her. That sealed her fate.

I believe he made the right decision at the time. If he kept her, there's no guarantee the tribe won't be back to tribal before the merge. How could he be sure that she wouldn't try to go after him? There's no way he could believe her if she said she wasn't. And what about after the merge?

Though it might have been good for his game to get rid of a threat, it will be interesting to see what the backlash will be when they get back to camp. A few of them looked pretty upset.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, September 29, 2022 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
And why did Justine vote for Cody and not Nneke?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, September 29, 2022 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, would love to know why she voted for Cody? WAs there a strategy there or was she already trying to stir the pot with a rogue vote? I understand wantingn to get ride of her when she brags about lying easily. She seemed like a dangerous player.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, September 29, 2022 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kappy, I agree about Elie. I think she looks and sounds so much like Michelle Fitzgerald.

I am loving Jesse and Cody

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, September 29, 2022 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
She voted for Cody cuz they needed protection in case Nneka used her shot in the dark or had an idol

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, September 29, 2022 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
OMG Pamy, I was thinking Cicely Strong but you're right - Michelle Fitzgerald!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, September 30, 2022 - 3:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Bingo Maris!!! Nneka did absolutely NOTHING to help her team win.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Friday, September 30, 2022 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Jesse clearly watched Season #41 and #42, probably a few times. Like he said pph - How could anyone have watched #41 & #42 and NOT know better than to open a 'Beware' pkg? It's always trouble!

When he kept coming back to Justine's lie-to-your-face comment, I'm sure he was channeling from #41, where Chantel said to the camera she could pph 'lie with impunity because she was a preacher and a psychiatrist, and could always make people do what she wants.'

Jesse must also have seen the wreckage of everyone else's gameplay from Chantel's machinations. IMO he was right to dump Justine early, the other woman can be dumped later and easy to help get that last Bead.

I thought it was brilliant to get everyone to donate their beads to decorate the hat, of course everyone wants to help a fun loving teammate enjoy the ultimate Survivor experience!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, September 30, 2022 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I still think it's a bad move to make your first vote off for strategic reasons, unless you have a poor alliance. But either way, the best way to stay safe is to not go to tribal and you need strong competitors to do that.

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, September 30, 2022 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
If I was there my first votes would be to keep comp beasts and get rid of lightweights until the merge.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, September 30, 2022 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I agree Maris

Breanna95838

07-08-2011

Friday, September 30, 2022 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Breanna95838 a private message Print Post    
Wasn't sure where to add this

If you're looking for the most epic job, then you should join the "Dream Team" on "Survivor."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/got-paid-test-survivor-challenges-132131400.html

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, September 30, 2022 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Bisc, I also thought the bead hat was brilliant! I dont think he would have pulled it off without Jesse and Nneka's help though

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, September 30, 2022 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ps the pastor was Shan not Chantel

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 01, 2022 - 1:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
None of them watched the whole of season 42, because it had not finished airing when they were sequestered. They have no idea that MaryAnn one and several mentioned Drea and her advantages..

But they probably all watched 41 multiple times..

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Saturday, October 01, 2022 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Thx Pamy & Sea for clarifying!

I do think it may have served Nneka a wakeup call to get moving in the next challenge, but she proved useful in clamping the Bead.

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Sunday, October 02, 2022 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Why would taking off your shoes help in the blind maze? (yahoo article)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, October 02, 2022 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah Vsmart, I don't understand that either. That had me scratching my head.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 02, 2022 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I didn't read the article, but in a blind anything, I'd want shoes just to avoid jamming a toe into something.. I suppose it could help to stay on a path of some substance..

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: