TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 13, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XLII: 10th Show, May 11th: Archive through May 13, 2022 users admin

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, May 08, 2022 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
"Battle Royale"

1 hr

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, May 11, 2022 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Can't log into paramount to watch tonight, so I can't spoil. Sorry!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 11, 2022 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh my goodness! That was quite the tribal!! :-)

Tiernet

06-07-2004

Wednesday, May 11, 2022 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tiernet a private message Print Post    
Weather special of course starting right at tribal. What happened?

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, May 11, 2022 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm only halfway into the show right now. All I can say is if next week's immunity challenge is once again a challenge favoring small feet, I'm going to scream RIGGED, lol!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, May 11, 2022 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That was such a great episode for so many reasons! Great gameplay by people who enjoy playing the game. So much fun to watch!

Marej

09-19-2002

Wednesday, May 11, 2022 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marej a private message Print Post    
Survivor will be replayed in MN at 1:09AM.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, May 11, 2022 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Tiernan - Lindsey had to open one of three boxes, two of which contained a skull, meaning she would go home. The third box contained a flame meaning she would stay and not be voted out.

Just before voting Drea pulled out her special advantage which allowed her to ask another player if they have an idol or special advantage, and she could only ask about one, not both. Drea asked Mike if he had an idol. He said no (he had given it to Omar). Drea was voted out. There was lots of hugging and laughing between Drea and Mike several times, and she went out laughing.

Jeff was about to say "The tribe has spoken" and Drea told him not to say it, so he said, okay you can say it, so she did. And then she helped snuff her own torch.

Jeff said they had never had a Survivor with such camaraderie where all the players liked each other and were in it for the adventure of a lifetime.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, May 12, 2022 - 5:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
But Kappy, the guy with the biggest feet won the challenge.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, May 12, 2022 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Missed your spoiling, Grooch. Nice of you to recap, Juju.

One of the best episodes in the history of the series. This had everything. Great reward challenge and great reward. A great immunity challenge between two amazing physical competitors. The excitement of Lindsay opening the boxes and being saved. The strategy that went into the Tribal Council. Omar convincing Mike to give him his idol, which could have been such a bad move, but it worked.

As I said, it’s so much fun to watch people who are truly enjoying the experience of playing Survivor. Drea was especially great. I hope they get more players like her in the future.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, May 12, 2022 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
That was definitely the best Tribal Council in a long time.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 12, 2022 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lindsay was very very lucky!

To recap the immunity challenge: the challenge was one were the first player out had to do the choose the box thing Lindsay did. Everyone had the choice to compete or not compete.

Only Lindsay and Jonathan chose to compete. That meant that one of them would be forced to do the skull challenge, since one of them would be the first one out.

I presume had Lindsay not chosen to compete, and she didn't need to because she really was in no danger, unlike Jonathon, then Jonathon automatically would have won immunity. But technically he would have also been the first person out?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 12, 2022 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
OH, and I loved, loved, loved Drea's reaction to being voted out. Wow! Mike kept saying "did you vote for me twice??" and she said Yes, and they hugged.... what great sports!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, May 12, 2022 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Drea was a good sport about it.

I guess she learned to not tell anybody her secrets.

Tiernet

06-07-2004

Thursday, May 12, 2022 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tiernet a private message Print Post    
Did anyone address what would have happened if only one person did the challenge? Would they get immunity or would have to do the skull challenge?

Tiernet

06-07-2004

Thursday, May 12, 2022 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tiernet a private message Print Post    
Also, was able to see the rest of the episode on CBS website. Kudo's for CBS to allow this.

Spear

08-05-2001

Thursday, May 12, 2022 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
It's funny that both times so far, the contestant did the "wrong" thing and chose not to swap boxes for the "Do or Die" Monty Hall challenge, but they both won anyway.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Thursday, May 12, 2022 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Thats a great question Tiernet. Id be interested to know too

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, May 12, 2022 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I figure if only one person wanted to do the challenge, they would have won immunity and tribal council would have been a regular old vote!

Yes, it was a great episode. Such great sports the past two weeks.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 12, 2022 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Listening to Rob Cesternino and Ricard from season 41 right now. He pointed out that each season Jeff actually pointed to the correct box when he described the correct box with fire inside and each time that box was chosen. Subconscious, maybe...

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, May 13, 2022 - 3:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
best tribal ever - cant remember better positivity.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, May 13, 2022 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I still don’t have my TV fixed. Not until Monday. How come so many people sat out? How is Maryann doing?

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, May 13, 2022 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I watched this yesterday after work, what an EPIC episode, thoroughly enjoyed it.

I was a little annoyed with the challenge, leading up to it, it was all about "we can't let Jonathan win no matter what" and then everyone but Lindsay sits out! WTH? (Don't get me wrong, I'm a Jonathan fan, but I'm talking principle).

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, May 13, 2022 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Did anyone else notice the sour puss face on Chanelle through out the entire tribal? WTH is wrong with her?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 13, 2022 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, they all sat out because if they were the first one out from the challenge they would have had to play Do or Die. They basically threw Lindsay under the bus.