TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
6th Show, Apr 13

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XLII: 6th Show, Apr 13 users admin

Survivor
Survivor (on CBS)

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, April 10, 2022 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
"You Can't Hide on Survivor/The Devil You Do or The Devil You Don't"

2 hrs (Beyond the Edge starts 1 hr late)

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 13, 2022 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I am missing this show because all TV is showing in Tennessee is Tornado warnings.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 13, 2022 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Hopefully they air it later tonight for you or you can watch online tomorrow. Great ep!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, April 13, 2022 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am glad that ..... ...... Jonathan survived TC, but that was a very interesting one.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 13, 2022 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I sent you a private message :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 13, 2022 - 11:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
================================
Well, bummed that Tori didn't go and especially that the rumor was SO WRONG.. Many of the Survivors from last season were convinced that they had really let Jeff know just how horrible that hourglass smash that reversed everything was. They HATED it. Many viewers hated it too, but we didn't get to see last season and feed back until after this current season had wrapped, so it was last season's Survivors who had told Jeff what they thought. Obviously he was just too in love with this twist.

Very relieved that Jonathan will at least make jury and I hope he stays and stays.

Romeo going after Jonathan seemed weaselish to me (but then I like Jonathan)

As for the food reward, that stuff sure looked better than anything I ever ate at Applebee's. Only went twice and was disappointed both times. And ours closed just before the pandemic. But it looked like a great reward.

And I'm sick of Jeff yammering about Jonathan.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, April 14, 2022 - 1:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I thought it was interesting that this time, Jeff gave them the heads up that the person that they sent to the island would have the power to change the game. As opposed to the last time when Erica was sent nobody knew they were going to give her that power. Then I was asking myself did they actually understand what he said? Because nobody went? That's crazy. I understand Jonathan's reasoning for not going. But I was quite surprised that out of the six of them no one decided to go instead.

Also surprising was that Hai decided to let Lydia go. Surprised he didn't try harder to target someone else and keep both Lydia and Jonathan.

I'm super glad that Jonathan made it through. And yes,please Jeff, can you stop making Jonathan more of a Target than he already is?

I also, would not have been jumping up and down about Applebee's. But then I'm not a big fast food or chain restaurant diner.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, April 14, 2022 - 6:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Didn't Jeff say that because they filmed 41 and 42 back-to-back, this year's cast didn't know about the hourglass twist? Now that TPTB know how much we hate the three-way idol, the Prisoner's Dilemma and the hourglass twist, they won't do it when they film 43 and 44.

Applebee's is gross (but I despise all chain restaurants); however, I guess if you haven't eaten for 12 days it is delicious.

I really really really dislike Tory and Maryanne.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, April 14, 2022 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I have to rant ~ I HATE THE HOURGLASS twist!!! What's the point of working so hard to win an immunity challenge if someone can just say "I reverse it"? I honestly don't think Rock would have crushed it if producers hadn't worked on him about it. Not to mention that if the hourglass means that they go back and reset, then ALL of them would have a chance to go back and compete again but that's not what they do. I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE, lol!!

I would say that's the end of my rant except I am so tired of the sniveling way some berate Jonathon for being strong. You don't hear them whine when he brings them food back. I am over Romeo, Hai, Tori and Maryanne. Just over them!! Be gone please.

If Jonathan loses an individual immunity and they take the chance to eliminate him, that is fair. But when production pulls this kind of stunt, and I do think the hourglass twist is a stunt, it truly takes away the game of Survivor. I would find it hard to trust the producers in future games.

And I'm sorry, but when Maryanne works on a puzzle and slowly picks up one piece at a time with no urgency of any kind to put it together, I would be going way more nuts than Jonathan was. Tell me she isn't trying to throw it! We'll see when it's an idividual competition if she still moves that slowly. I think not.

All that said - LOVED IT BEING ON FOR TWO HOURS, lol!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, April 14, 2022 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I know... when Maryanne said not to worry about the time on the puzzle, I was like what the eff? I really dislike her. I don't find anything about her to be amusing.

And then there is Tory who thought Rocks should have been grateful for being sent to Exile Island for two days by himself.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, April 14, 2022 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I was impressed that it was a real two hour show and not just back to back episodes.

I don’t like that twist at all. That’s not at all what Survivor is about.

I’m really glad Jonathan survived. Tori is one of the most unlikeable contestants in years.

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Thursday, April 14, 2022 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
The starving team would still have wanted to win the meal even if it meant losing immunity.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 14, 2022 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got it, Thanks Pamy.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, April 14, 2022 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
It needs to be 2 hrs weekly!! I really like this cast!

My guess is there is no way that Tori wins they way they are editing her. Which makes me happy!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, April 14, 2022 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Oh forgot to say, when the gigantic Boulder from the other team started rolling forward right behind Jonathan....can you imagine if it would have hit him in his back? That would have been horrible

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, April 15, 2022 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
That boulder could have crushed someone!

Starr

07-09-2005

Friday, April 15, 2022 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
I just listened to Lydia's exit interview on RHAP and she and Rob were talking about BFJs and BFJAs. What did I miss? I'm assuming it's a young person's thing but... ?

Just my opinion here, but Lydia seemed very giddy, overly exuberant, not the person I saw in the show. She said she got along with Marianne, which didn't surprise me the way she was taking so fast . Lol

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, April 15, 2022 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I was thinking the round 'boulders' were constructed with a chicken wire frame covered with a type of light concrete used for outdoor sculptures. It would still be heavy but not as much as something solid and it would still be very awkward to move at that size.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, April 15, 2022 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think that was their alliance name, not sure what it stands for tho.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, April 15, 2022 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I finished watching this last night. I was pretty pissed, knowing that Rocks was going to "change the game", due to Kappy's post above, that in the preview indicated a rant and hate, it was pretty clear. LOL

I'm glad Jonathon survived, but I'm with the others here, this twist is AWFUL! and like someone said above, it would be more tolerable if everyone was reset, and had to complete the challenge again.

I'm hoping the good news is that they won't be able to do this in future seasons, as the only reason they could do it this time, is that this cast wasn't aware of how it worked, since they haven't seen the previous season.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, April 15, 2022 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
In Survivor when someone gets sent off somewhere. Whether it be an island or a trip. The cast should assume that they are probably about to be offered some sort of advantage.

When Jeff outright tells you, be aware that this person will get the power to "change the game"...you should "be afwaid, be vewy vewy afwaid"....lol

You would think at least one person on that team would have said, no I'll go! I was floored that no one grabbed that opportunity. I'm sure Jeff was too. They all said that Jeff said, are you SURE? You want to send this person off knowing they will have the power to change the game?

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, April 15, 2022 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
This group isn't the brightest bunch. Lol!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, April 15, 2022 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think that Omar, Drei and Hai are the strongest strategists in this group. Omar was kind of amazing trying to talk everyone out of putting Jonathan up. It seemed to me that he first read the other person and tried to tailor the argument to that person’s concerns. Maryann tries to talk strategy, but she falls short. At this point, I see Omar, Lindsay, Maryann and Jonathan voting together as a block. As we’ve heard previously, Omar wants Jonathan as a shield for as long as possible. If there’s a fan favorite, Jonathan will win in a runaway.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, April 15, 2022 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think they were just hungry. Food to a starving person is a big motivator.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, April 15, 2022 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I would love a Drea Hai Omar Jonathan alliance!

I was very touched with Rocksroy's emotional journey at exile. He seems like a really nice guy

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 15, 2022 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But Pamy, when he mentioned "no nagging wife".. oops.. as Rob C said, unless that is an in joke in the family, that probably isn't the best thing to say on camera!

I think they WERE very hungry.. Jeff sure was over the top in raving about Applebee's.

They may also have thought there might be a hidden advatage at the feast.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, April 17, 2022 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks for all the commentary, folks! Parts of TN were under a tornado warning that night so I missed the last half or more or the show!!!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, April 17, 2022 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
TNT, how scary! glad you are ok!

Pschrfhd

05-22-2011

Tuesday, April 19, 2022 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pschrfhd a private message Print Post    
Starr - "BFJA" stands for "Big Fat Juicy A$$," a term which Lydia uses referring to herself on her Twitter. The RHAP crew enjoy that so much that it's becoming a part of their lexicon.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: