TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
3rd Show, Mar 23

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XLII: 3rd Show, Mar 23 users admin

Survivor
Survivor (on CBS)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 23, 2022Grooch25 03-23-22  5:56 pm
Archive through March 24, 2022Brenda196625 03-24-22  10:29 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Okay... I just read up on this. Mike and Chanelle would have had to draw rocks even though they didn't vote and Lydia and Jenny would have been safe.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lexie, correct, only four would have drawn rocks, and the ones who got votes were safe.

Brenda, I presume that could be true. But it was still a stupid risk vs being safe. It's not like he and Lydia won't still be in the minority, and his reluctance likely will make him targeted next instead of Lydia.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I was just going to post what Brenda said. And I will add that he probably knew that Daniel was week and a waffler, and that Daniel wouldn't risk his neck with a rock. Even Mike said at the beginning of the show that he didn't completely trust Daniel.

Daniel is so screwed when they get back to camp. He's going to be at the bottom of the totem pole. Esp. since he knows about the immunity idol. Get rid of him.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Kar, I think they will target Daniel next. How can you trust him anymore? Esp when they go to the merge? At least Hai is true to his word.

Eta: Plus the throwing of Chanelle under the bus? Telling Hai that Channelle "made" him vote that way? Oh, boy!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Hai specifically asked Jeff if all 4 had to draw rocks. I’m with Brenda’s thinking on this. He needed to make sure that he would have an ally going forward. 25% was better odds than 50%

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Grooch, maybe. It's always hard to predict how they will turn. They may also see Daniel as a vote that they need and will string him along to get out Hai and/or Lydia first, and then Daniel? It's not like Hai is on their side. And Lydia won't be after they voted for her.
How long does Chanelle lose her vote for? Just one tribal? Mike still won't be able to vote, since the third idol hasn't been found.

So that would make another 2-2 tie? If they rally them against Daniel, then Chanelle would be at risk, or Mike.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Ouch! You are making my head hurt, Kar. Lol!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Iluvreality, thank you!! I thought it was odd how the bags were sticking but I couldn't figure it out.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
How will Hai and Lydia be in the minority when no one other than them and Daniel can vote? Hai and Lydia are in control now.

This was a big win for Hai and it cost him nothing. It was excellent gameplay.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I agree that Jonathan might be the strongest survivor we've ever had? He did, single-handedly, win that challenge for his tribe. I really like him so far. I hope he makes it to the merge.

I was also thinking "Jeff, shut up!" I dislike when he points out that somebody is strong or smart or a threat or weak...etc. I think it lets the tribe members know how they're being perceived..and perhaps puts a little extra focus on them as a target.

I think at that moment Hai was convinced he would not change his vote. But I'll bet if everybody said go to rocks he might have had a last minute, reevaluation of his feelings? I'm assuming because he is not flexible in putting his own safety first, he will not make it to the end? Got to be able to pivot.

As I've said before, I am not fond of the three-way idle twist. I was thinking last year, and it's happening this year. What if nobody wants to say their little saying until they hear someone else say it first? That would actually be my first thought to protect myself. No.. my first thought to protect myself would be...to not to tell everybody else on the freaking tribe LOL like they do every time. But yeah if all three people are thinking the same thing, that twist would go to the end unused.

I was thinking though, Maryanne was the perfect one to get it. Half the stuff she says doesn't make sense anyway. I'm not sure the "bunny rabbit in the mailbox" statement from anyone else's mouth would have sound so normal.

However, because nobody can keep a secret, there are two tribes that totally knew that she had the three-way idol. Let's see if the third member that finds it can keep the secret?

I was thinking it would have been kind of funny... What would have happened if Daniel and Hai felt like they were in danger of being voted out and had used their "shot in the dark" dice? There would have been no one to vote? I sure would like to know what was in the rules if that happened? Would love to ask Jeff that question.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I think Hai made an excellent move too. And he had no understanding of the lost votes or the duration of that. He just knew he was on the bottom if Lydia was gone. I think Daniel could move over and work with Lydia and Hai. It will be interesting to see how it works out.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I said it last season and I'll say it again - the so-called 'advantage' is nothing more then a disadvantage. I get why they kept it since this season was filmed almost immediately after the last one but I hope it's gone after this or the people wise up and rebury it.

Daniel, Daniel, Daniel . . . you so disappoint me, lol!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, do we know that Chanelle loses her vote for more than one tribal council? I don't remember how that works.

Plus, Hai doesnt know why some weren't voting either... so you can't exactly credit that thinking to his strategy. He just seemed pissed off, not strategic.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
My understanding is Chanelle is in the same position as Mike. They lose their vote until all three people say those silly things.

I agree that Hai didn’t know why they couldn’t vote but even if they could vote he’d still have been in a far better position than he would have been. Had he done nothing, he would have been at the bottom and next voted out. As it is, he and Lydia now control the majority of the votes. And it cost him nothing.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I was trying to google and it seems like Chanelle just loses her vote for one tribal. But Hai doesn't know that. Or know how long Mike loses his.

So it will be crucial for Hai and Lydia to swing Daniel over to their side as Chanelle may be able to vote and force another tie, assumming Mike is still unable to vote. Daniel is now going to be viewed as the important swing vote and with Mike unable to vote he should really go with the two rather than the one (chanelle).

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
What did Chanelle do to lose her vote for only one tribal? How is she different than Mike?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Mike found that three way idol. So he loses his vote until the three are found and 'activated'.

She did the dial selection -- play it safe or risk your vote.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh okay. So Chanelle's is just for one tribal? What was the prize for her thing?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Her prize would have been an extra vote. But since both she and Omar risked their vote, neither gets an extra vote and both get the penalty of losing their vote.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, the way the island trip works is that either:
Both choose risk their vote - in which case they both lose a vote at their next tribal council.
Both choose protect their vote - nothing happens.
One chooses risk, one chooses protect. The one who chose protect - nothing happens. The one who chose risk GETS an extra vote.

That has nothing to do with the immunity idols.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Ok. When they got to the top of the hill and talking, didn't they say that the 3 that did this twist last week told them about what happened there. Channell and Omar (was it Omar) said their stories matched up. So Chanelle and Omar knew what was going to happen. Then Channell told him that she couldn't afford to lose her vote.

So, I'm sure the editing left something out, but if they knew what the twist was going to be, why didn't they agree on what they were going to do? And shouldn't have Omar let Channelle have the vote since she was going to tribal that night as a favor that she will owe him if they both make the merge?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm thinking that perhaps those who went to the hill last time didn't tell the whole truth.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Hmmm... I didn't think about that. Lol!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I remember now. Thanks everyone for the explanations. Their next Tribal (if it happens) may be interesting.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Omar took the chance because he was sure Channelle would not, because she really needed to have a vote, but then she wanted to make a big move... And lost her vote.

In Jenny's exit interview with Rob Cesternino,she states that they had told Channelle not to risk her vote at Shipwheel Island. She says when she went there She knew she needed to protect her vote, so she had no reason to lie when she returned to the tribe. She says Channelle did not tell her she had lost her vote.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So Jenny told the truth. The other two, no idea.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

I thought throwing the bags looked easier than normal. Then they showed the “platform” they were throwing them to land on and it was one of those Velcro discs. Like that game where you hold the disc in one hand and throw to your opponent. Notice once they hit the platform they don’t move. In past years the platform was smooth and the bags would slid off….so much easier this year.

I thought the sandbag throws looked highly suspicious as well, and I have a theory about it (solely my own). I bet landing the sandbags took a really long time when Johnathan did it on his own, but he still did it before the other two teams were anywhere close. Then when the other two tribes both almost drowned at sea, they brought them all ashore hoping the sea would settle, and it didn't. So they were running out of daylight, and they shortened the entire challenge by not doing the ladders in the ocean part and putting velcro on the sandbags. And they re-shot Johnathan's original of maybe taking an hour to get all the sandbags up there, and did shots of him throwing velcro'd sandbags as well.

Hi Ginger!! Welcome home.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, March 25, 2022 - 4:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the info, Sea. Now it makes even less sense why Chanelle did what she did. The only thing I can think of is that she was really worried that Daniel was going to flip. But even that doesn't make sense. If Daniel didn't flip the vote would be 4-2. If he did flip the vote would be 3-3 (without the extra vote). A tie. And she should have figured out that Daniel wouldn't want a tie.

Maybe Chanelle is not that good at this game and something important that had to do with her decision was left out in the editing.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, March 25, 2022 - 5:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Heres an interview with Jenny that talks about the tribal council. Daniel is playing both sides harder than I thought.

Survivor 42's Jenny Kim Breaks Down that Tribal Council Chaos

quote:

Of course, we have to start with all of the havoc that ensued at Tribal Council. As everyone was hashing things out about whether to go to rocks, were you speaking up at all? Or were you hoping that they wouldn’t come to a consensus if you stayed out of it, and you would be safe?

No, I was definitely talking a lot more. What they didn’t show was before Tribal Council, Hai, Mike, and I talked. And at that time, Hai threw Daniel and Lydia’s names out there. I get that he was never really going to work with us. But I used that to have my conversations moving forward. I said, “Alright, Hai, great. You want to vote out Lydia. I’m working with you, man. Let’s do this.” Then I went back and told Daniel, “Hai is throwing your name out there. So you got to work with me because you’re not safe with that guy. He’s going to slit your throat, and you’re not even seeing it coming.”

And then at tribal, Hai let's her know that Daniel had come back to him and told Hai that Hai had thrown Daniels name out there.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Friday, March 25, 2022 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Hi Juju…regarding your response to my post. The reason I said they were those Velcro discs were because my kids had the same thing, if you notice the color of the top of the platform is different and has a fabric binding around it.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, March 25, 2022 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thanks, luv, good catch.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: