TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
1st Show, Mar 9

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XLII: 1st Show, Mar 9 users admin

Survivor
Survivor (on CBS)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 10, 2022Jimmer25 03-10-22  9:02 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Jimmer I said the exact same thing! LOL this may be the most interesting cast they have had yet, for me.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
For sure. Oh and Jenny is so smart. I may have missed it but did the other tribe get the number of triangles right as well?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes they both did...

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I couldn't understand last season why neither tribe tried the "puzzle". They both decided to lug the water. Plus the strategy of the one team that decided to put four people on either task. That was smart. I didn't know you could do that. But I didn't know that more than one person could work on the puzzle. Or that more than one person could carry the water? That was the one thing I didn't quite understand

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Tori is a pot stirrer when she's trying to cover her ass.

How many tribemates game will she ruin before they catch on?

Instead of being on Survivor, they should cast her on The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City. She would fit in well there. The lack of self awareness. She is young, she will grow up one day, hopefully.

Fwiw, I don't think she's a bad or mean person, I just know that she is going to be throwing people under the bus that I like.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Even though Jackson had to leave, I loved his positive attitude and gratefulness that the Survivor honchos let him play for a few days.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Since, with the tribe that split up, one group worked the puzzle and the others went to start setting up their camp.

Those count the triangles puzzles are difficult.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Grooch, kind of worrisome since she's a therapist!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Since, only one person could carry the water. Multiple people could work on the puzzle. Seems odd.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Great first episode!

Did I miss the part when any of the tribes questioned the ones that covered themselves in mud and blood? All I heard was the one girl say.. Are you ok? you seem to be bleeding a lot.. LOL Didnt they need to unlock a bunch of locks too?? guess they just ran out of time to show us everything.

Tori is trying too hard. I like her but she seems to be doing things that she doesnt need to.. And why pretend to be a caregiver instead of a therapist? Its not that big of a stretch/difference. why would she hide that?

I honestly couldnt relax knowing Daniel was so hurt. What a trooper to keep going on the challenge knowing how much pain he was in. Incredible that they could fix him right up.. My coworker says he injured his shoulder again during the boat immunity challenge but I didnt see it.. she says it popped right out again. ANyone notice that? Im gonna rewatch when I get home from work. I really like him so I hope his shoulder behaves!

Love MaryAnne! Jenny is badass.

Sad to see Zach go and Jackson! Hopefully he can make a comeback on another season

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Cinnamon, I wondered about that too. The one thing they didn't do (or they didn't show them doing) is agreeing on what crazy task they had to do that would cause such a mess!

And yes, I saw Daniel's arm in the boat task and it did look like it popped out again!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, it really wasn't very clear why they pulled Jackson. It sounded like he thought he'd be weaned off the medication in time, but really wasn't? he had started feeling dizzy. Hopefully he's on the "invite back" list.

And Daniel continuing the challenge while hurt. Man, these people are tough!

The people smearing mud on themselves. I think instead they should have just agreed to tell their team that they had to untie hundreds of knots. Putting blood on yourself when you don't have an injury is suspicious and notice the ladies were smart enough not to do that. I wonder what explanation they gave for the mud.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Forgot to say I was disappointed the editors spoiled the first boot -- knew it wasn't going to be Tori based on a clip they showed of her at the start of the show during Jeff's intro.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Jimmer....ahhhh... We missed that. We thought they split up to do both tasks and were confused as to whether that was now allowed or we had misunderstood or what. Thanks

Karuna yeah I wasn't sure... if multiple people could do the puzzle... Wouldn't eight brains doing one possibly better than one person trying to lug the water? Unless it was Jonathan. He could probably move a house by himself

Yeah we were also saying don't put so much blood on yourself because isn't it going to be suspicious later when you don't even have a scratch and you have so much blood? I said well that guy better say that he tripped and fell on some animal LOL in order to explain all the blood

Vickie

07-16-2004

Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Daniel is living in Ann Arbor Michigan. I grew up there. I have moved to Ecuador since last years game. There’s a law program at the university. Wonder if he’s with them?

I’ve now seen survivor in Michigan, New Orleans & in Ecuador. I remember when the amazing race came through here. I’m hoping for another. I was living in Michigan but saw on line where and what they had to do.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL yeah I thought the blood was a bad idea for that reason.

I’m impressed both teams did so well with the triangle puzzle. That would be easy to mess up.

That immunity challenge was brutal. Very physical. I felt bad for Daniel. He is a trooper for sure.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Seems like they should have taken some weight out of the trunks since the immunity challenge should have been for 6 people, but due to Jackson's unexpected departure, each team had to do it with five.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I believe Jackson had completed weaning off the lithium, but only a day or two before arrival.

However, as I understand it, it's best to wean yourself over several months, and it sounded like he did it in four weeks. Can be done, but only with supervision, which I'm guessing is the issue.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
What is lithium? What does it do? Help you sleep?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It can be prescribed for bipolar disorder, or extreme depression/anxiety.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It doesn’t seem that a stressful experience like Survivor would be a good idea for someone who has recently stopped taking that sort of medication.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, that's really an oversimplification, from my point of view. I really don't want us to stigmatize anxiety/depression. :-)

Lots of medicines like these are situational, and he explained that he needed them for a particularly bad time (his mom dying).

That said, the possible *physical* complications from withdrawal are of concern.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That said, the possible *physical* complications from withdrawal are of concern.

I appreciate you clarifying that. So the physical concerns in stopping the medication are more significant than the mental/stressful concerns?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, the question doesn't make sense to me. :-)

Any behavioral concerns are completely individual, I have no idea of why specifically he took the med, what dose he was on, what symptoms it was controlling, so I can't possibly answer that question... no one can except he and his doctor.

Physical withdrawal, on the other hand, is pretty well documented and everyone goes thru it to one degree or another. That's why it's recommended to wean off over *months* rather than *weeks*. This is still dependent on an individual, but it doesn't get us into the realm of stigmatizing people because they used one of these medications by saying we should be worried about their mental health. I won't do that. No one should.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks for explaining. I was speaking in general terms but I realize now that each case is very specific. I feel humbled by my ignorance.

I'm confused though. It still seems what I said was accurate. They stopped for physical concerns.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, it was, but it was vague. And your second comment came after I noted what it was prescribed for, so it could be easily misunderstood? :-)

That's why I talked about both issues in my next response.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thank you. Oversimplifying and stigmatizing is certainly not something I would want to do so I’m glad that’s been clarified.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, March 11, 2022 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I know, Jimmer. I think these discussions are important, and I'm hoping we can be as open about them as Jackson was. Saw an interview this morning that said he started taking the lithium because his anxiety over losing his mom was so bad, he couldn't sleep. I would imagine (sadly) that the issue has long resolved, but unfortunately, taking the lithium probably became a habit.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, March 11, 2022 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
So far so good ~ love newbies! I can already tell from previews that my faves from the first week will probably not be my faves next week, lol. It will be fun to see how that continually flip flops throughout the season. I'm just glad that we got to see and hear from more then just one team and two players. Thank you Survivor for that!

Does anyone know how they were divided into the three teams that they are? Just curious.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, March 11, 2022 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
For sure, Kar. My oldest DD has just completed her University degree in Psychology, Neuroscience and Behavior and is currently applying for graduate programs and doing research. So I've had quite a few conversations with her about issues surrounding mental health over the past few years. There is very unfortunately still a strong stigma and fear associated with it, though hopefully that will continue to improve.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: