TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
13th Show, Dec 15 Finale

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XLI - A New Era: 13th Show, Dec 15 Finale users admin

Survivor
Survivor (on CBS)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through December 16, 2021Dogdoc25 12-16-21  12:36 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 16, 2021 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LOL, Dogdoc.

Am I the only one who notice that they kept cutting away to shots of Evie eating?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, December 16, 2021 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
It got by me Kar.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Thursday, December 16, 2021 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
V smart Xander had already stated he was choosing Deshawn & Heather. Hind sight never helps unless he uses it for another time. If he learns that he’s got it.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Thursday, December 16, 2021 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
They show Danny voting for DeShawn.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, December 16, 2021 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Saw Ricard's ponderosa. He said he will be back and he will win. Ha.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, December 16, 2021 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It was a deserved win for Erika and I'm happy for her. I think it was pretty obvious Xander didn't have a chance and I hope they will bring him back for an all stars. I think the jury didn't give him enough credit for surviving with an idol as the didn't respect his social awareness. And his poor read of the jury and saying too much didn't help, but I don't really think he had a chance to begin with against those two.

And yes, the disappointment with Shan continues. Her cold shoulder to Ricard was just too much. One nice thing about a later reunion is we get to see how they've processed it since they've been home. But I suspect this short season and immediate reward is how they will do it in the future -- it's certain cheaper for them.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, December 16, 2021 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Zander was my early on pick to like/follow & win but, for some reason, none of the other contestants wanted him to win. Maybe it was because of his youth, maybe it's because he isn't a person of color, maybe it's because some of them expected him to use his idol to save them when they were in trouble (imo, you only use your idol to save another if it saves your own game & Zander just wasn't that tight with any of those folks to feel this way). Who knows? I, too hope Zander is invite back if/when they have the next all star season. I would love to see him again.

That being said, I'm more happy with an Erika win than I would have been with any of the other folks. Heather didn't play as well as most & was only around till F4 as a potential "goat". DeShawn was a whiner. Ricard played the best but he played so good that it was a shoe in he would be voted out the 1st chance that he didn't have protection. I disliked all of the other jurors with the exception of Danny & Evvie.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 16, 2021 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't think the vote for DeShawn was anything but making sure that DeShawn was in second place and not splitting with Xander (He spells it that way on instagram).

I wasn't as entertained by Xander as some were but he did play a good game. He chose wrong at final 4 and had underrated Erika and gave her a free pass to final three and she helped to engineer that by leading him to believe she had mastered fire building... score for Erika.

Then, he belittled her by assuming what the jury thought of Erika and saying that TO the jury. You could see their porcupiny spines raising up..

Meanwhile he had sent Ricard to the jury after dangling the promise of using his idol to save Ricard. So I don't think most of the jury was bitter, but Ricard sure was and he was lobbying bigtime for Erika.

Erika had good answers to jury questions.

The women were happy to vote for a woman. The people of color were including Erika in that group. Just guessing on those..

I didn't notice eating. Pizza does sound good.

I do hope they keep this style of final voting and aftermath.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, December 17, 2021 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Didn't Xander work to save Evie/Tiffany? And they still didn't vote for him!

I do think Xander played a game worthy of at least some votes. I still don't know what I'm missing, except that Ricard may have poisoned the jury.

I'm not surprised that Danny voted for DeShawn, they were tight all season.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, December 17, 2021 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Well, I think Evvie also thought that Xander would play the idol for her. I think what hurt Xander was he told both Evvie and Ricard he would play his idol for them and he didn't.

Tresbien

08-26-2002

Friday, December 17, 2021 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
Heather's Ponderosa made me laugh. https://youtu.be/yLv5cl7NE3A

My impression early on was that the women didn't like Xander and wanted him out. I liked him and was cheering him on, but he didn't use the best judgment at times. I do think Erika played a great game and articulated it well.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, December 17, 2021 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Ok so miraculously I've avoided this thread as for whatever reason my DVR didn't record the finale.

I just finished watching, although I haven't watched the "after show" portion.

What a hypocrite Ricard is....he's pissed because he felt that Xander should have used the idol on him to save him because of their "bromance", but yet, he had no issue voting Shan out! What little respect I had for him just went down the toilet.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, December 17, 2021 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Ricard really had the ego of a Richard Hatch, but doesn't have the win behind it.

Has anyone read any interviews on whether shan and Ricard are friendly again?

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Friday, December 17, 2021 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Im with you Karunna, Have no clue why Xander didnt get a couple votes (Naseer sure had nice things to say about him) Makes me think both Ricard and Liana had lots of bad to say back at Ponderosa. And yes, telling Ricard and Evvie that he would use his idol and then not.. thats gotta hurt. I would be much happier with the outcome had Xander come in 2nd. Something seemed off. I didnt like it. Even Jeff says.. "some of our best players will never win the game"

Im sure Danny voted for DeShawn just because they were close not because they didnt want to award Xander with second. They may be bitter but not that bitter.. I have to believe that.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Friday, December 17, 2021 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
EXACTLY Scooter!! very hypocritical of him. He was too newly out of the game, hadnt decompressed and was very bitter. Didnt like that side of him.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, December 17, 2021 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I have to hand it to Heather... from the challenge early in the season where she got zonked and her team was completely out of it because she couldn't throw the ball and catch it on the other end, she came a long way. I honestly didn't think they would keep her after that challenge, but her team had bigger fish to fry and she made it to the F4.

Tresbien

08-26-2002

Friday, December 17, 2021 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
Brenda, I haven't read any interviews about Shan and Ricard's friendship, but I did see a photo of most of most of the cast together apparently celebrating the finale. They both were there. Hope this link works as it shows Shan and Ricard standing next to each other: https://twitter.com/hannah_chaddha/status/1471666777960628224/photo/1

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, December 17, 2021 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Also, with that one vote...Deshawn scored 2nd place money. Since they didn't have the whole cast back for the reunion, only jury members and final 3 got the "reunion" money.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, December 17, 2021 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I just read that there is a strong rumor that Zander is dating Lauren O'Connell from season 38. They say that both of them hint about being in a relationship. And there is a photo of them together.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, December 17, 2021 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Lexie, I agree, I give Heather much respect!!

Ricard and Shan are friends. This cast all looks like they are friends. They partied in Chicago together

I thought Xander was overrated and glad he didnt win

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, December 17, 2021 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I never questioned that Deshawn's sole vote was from anybody but Danny. If either of them made final three, they were always going to vote for the other.

Heather's Ponderosa made me both laugh and cry. She was SO funny and SO poignant and SO upbeat about the whole experience.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 18, 2021 - 1:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Some of them were at the Give Kids the Word Charity event, most of the BB fast (but Derek X and Claire are still in Mexico) and at least some from this cast.

Slinkydog

11-30-2005

Monday, December 20, 2021 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Slinkydog a private message Print Post    
It appears Ricard and Shan are on good terms:

https://twitter.com/RicardFoye/status/1471300781995397123

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, December 21, 2021 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I was finally able to watch the last show. I was disappointed that Xander did not win or get a single vote. I think Xander played smart and hard the entire time whereas Erica was just lucky for at least half the game. I also think the jury punisher Xander for taking Edica to the finale and that Ricard was bitter. I was glad that Shan did not hold court and hog all the jury and after show time.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, December 22, 2021 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
If you convince everybody you don't have a chance of winning the game, and then you win the game, you are indeed the smartest player in the game.

I would never have pegged Erika to become the winner of Survivor 41, but she did. Good job, Erika.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, December 23, 2021 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I didn’t think she had the tiniest chance of winning. She really showed us. Good for her! An impressive performance and an amazing comeback from almost being voted out and having no allies at the merge. It also shows how this game can turn on the smallest things.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: