TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
12th Show, Dec 8

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XLI - A New Era: 12th Show, Dec 8 users admin

Survivor
Survivor (on CBS)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through December 10, 2021Scooterrific25 12-10-21  10:44 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, December 10, 2021 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Exactly, Scooter - why did they vote for each other??!!

They showed Danny talking to DeShawn and saying something to the effect of 'well since you told me that, I'll be honest with you and let you know I was in the NFL'. All I can think of is DeShawn told Danny he was voting with Xander and Erika but we didn't see it. And of course Erika got all the blame.

I loved Erika's shade of calling DeShawn "friend" at the end.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, December 10, 2021 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes, an interviewer asked Danny the exact same thing. He said that Deshawn just had a closer relationship with Erika and Zander.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, December 10, 2021 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I would give Ricard or Danny fan fav over Xander

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, December 12, 2021 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Kid Sis & I have really enjoyed this season!! Suspense to the max. ESPECIALLY once they got rid of Shan & Liana! Those two had such inflated egos it's a wonder they weren't floating around sky-wise.

Sorry to see Danny go, he was always so likeable while Deshawn is a mouthy loose cannon. But the minute Danny told Deshawn he played NFL, I knew his end was coming. You just know Deshawn was beating his butt to tell everyone that Danny didn't need the money.

I like Xander since he has played such a quiet and strategic game not letting emotions run his decisions. He didn't save Tiff, Evv or Shan with his HII, no wonder they don't like him - especially since he's still sitting with his idol showing them up for their own lack of gameplay.

But Ricard has played a powerful game -- with nothing in his pocket like HII or other advantage. Plus he has strong people skills, like when he took Deshawn aside telling him to tone down his screaming at camp, that Des was hurting his own game.

So I'm rooting for Xander or Ricard. It won't be because of a gender or cultural alliance that got them here. Had to do it on their own.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, December 12, 2021 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Danny's Ponderosa video is a good one. He calmly and patiently explained to Shan why he voted her out and when he was done, she came right back with "but why did you vote me out?" and all he could do was sigh. She really really doesn't listen when it isn't what she wants to hear.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, December 12, 2021 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think Erika has played better than her edit has revealed.
I would like she or Ricard to win

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, December 12, 2021 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
This coming Wed is finale ..... already!! Geesh, this season seemed to fly by. Will there be 2 or 3 in final? They do it both ways & it seems like final comp winner picks 1 person to go to finale & the 3rd & 4th folks build fire to see who will be the 3rd person. Geesh, if they do it this way, Heather will have to be picked to sit in final cause I can't see her winning a fire building challenge against any of the others. Who would take her as the "goat"? Anyone can win against her. I want Zander to win. Ricard has played really good tho & will definately have a strong chance to win if he makes final. How will this jury vote? I think Tiffany, Shan, & Lianna all feel robbed of the win & will vote for who they feel had the least effect on them being voted out. I don't see Evvie holding that kind of grudge. Danny will vote for who he thinks played the best.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, December 13, 2021 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
It still bothers me that Jeff gave into Ricard about "guys" and stopped using it. Using "guys" when addressing / talking to a group (even all female) is very common. Gender has nothing to do with the use of it. I don't think it has for quite some time if ever.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, December 13, 2021 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I found it amusing that later on in same show, Jeff said "You guys" when asking them a question. And have noticed others also using the phrase, including Ricard.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 13, 2021 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't think Jeff "gave in" to Ricard, Jeff brought the issue up, making it a thing. I don't imagine Ricard would have thought about it without Jeff's prompting.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Monday, December 13, 2021 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I agree with you 100% Biscottiii

and I would love to see a Xander and Richard final 2

TexasDeb.. Im pretty sure Jeff said there will be 2 tribal councils, one fire making challenge and a final 2. I could be wrong..

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, December 13, 2021 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I thought Ricard first had problem with "guys" and brought it up to Jeff / Survivor which we didn't see. Jeff talked about that on camera and said he would not use it.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, December 15, 2021 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Do you mean Ricard brought it up pre-show/off camera, and Jeff made it into a public spectacle by making an issue about it in the show? If that's the case then I feel even worse about Jeff!

What they aired was Jeff asking everyone in the first episode, after they just arrived on that ship, whether anyone would prefer he stopped using "guys." No one said anything. Then a couple(?) of days later, at the beginning of a challenge, Ricard said he was too hyped up by everything on the ship in the first episode to think about it, but that now he's had time, yes, he would prefer Jeff didn't say "guys." So from what they aired, the whole issue came from Jeff.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, December 15, 2021 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
That's the impression the show gave. That it was Jeff having a "woke" moment.

I'm glad to report I still see people all over the place saying 'guys' to refer to 'people'. Whew!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, December 15, 2021 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
That is also my memory. For me, it was almost like Jeff was LOOKING for random ways that the show could be more woke/PC. I found that whole discussion most odd.

I have never heard one complaint from anybody I know about addressing a group of people as "you guys". And never from any of my friends that identify with non gender specific pronouns.

Also how much could it have really bothered Ricard if he had to go back to camp and think about it? Evvie had no objections.

I bet if you ask them they'd say that having to appear on television in their wet underwear was much more uncomfortable lol

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, December 15, 2021 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Kitt, that is what I remember.

"Guys" addressing any group of two or more, male and/or female is simply common.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: