TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
10th Show, Nov 24

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XLI - A New Era: 10th Show, Nov 24 users admin

Survivor
Survivor (on CBS)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through November 26, 2021Brenda196625 11-26-21  8:18 am
Archive through November 29, 2021Pamy25 11-29-21  10:04 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, November 29, 2021 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I'm glad they have the "reunion" show at the end. This year should be interesting... Since everything pretty much was last minute and everybody was blindsided LOL

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, November 30, 2021 - 6:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Brenda, it was Deshawn, not Danny she called a 'snake'.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, November 30, 2021 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
All these spec.s on if she told them she had MS. I say all is fair when talking Survivor. She chose to play it is unfair that she got a day of rest when others did not. If they all got rest then fine. Sounds like she needed to leave if her MS is starting to flare. Everyone has some issue and that’s their problem and if they get pulled or not. It’s a tough game and now we are babying them. I would like to see this go back to the old game tons of us fell for. Too many puzzles

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 30, 2021 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I would lean the other way and assume that ur there was ANY footage of her telling any of them about her MS, it would have been aired.

I am not on the hate Shan train, so am not reading as enthusiastically here. I hope that Heather and Ericka are not there at the very end.but it could happen.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, November 30, 2021 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yeah I’m pretty sure Survivor would have showcased her MS if she’d let them. They’d work that angle for all it’s worth (sadly).

However, I also reluctantly agree that players shouldn’t be able to take an extended time away from the game. But again, they have helped people with medical issues in the past and they then returned to the game. So it is a judgment call with respect to how much is acceptable before it becomes unfair.

Institutions make the same sort of decisions in real life in order to make things accessible to people who are disadvantaged.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, November 30, 2021 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, others have spent time with the medics before. I don't begrudge anyone that. And I'm not sure it's much of an advantage as we all know it's a disadvantage to be away from camp and all of the talk that happens in your absence.

I'm so glad that my bad dream that Shan returned to the game via random roulette was just a nightmare. :-) She kept targeting people I wanted in the game, which is why I wanted her out. Plus she's paired so tightly with Liana who just seems so negative at times. But I will say Shan was a good sport in her Ponderosa! I did find it interesting that she mentions JD, whom she worked to get voted out. But overall she's not a bitter jury member and that's always refreshing. Looks like they are having a lot of fun at Ponderosa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwyWB2tk0j8

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, November 30, 2021 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I actually liked Shan at the beginning and wanted her to go to final two. But somehow along the way she lost me.

In my memory (which I'm not saying is necessarily good LOL) the medic could check you out while you're at camp and either decided that you could stay or pulled you out. We've seen many evacuated when they didn't want to be. I don't have a memory of somebody leaving camp and being at the medics camp all day then returning to the game. I'm assuming they gave her fluids and possibly nourishment? Definitely a comfortable place to rest. Not to mention being among other people all day.

I do agree that it's a double-edged sword, in that it is also a disadvantage to be out of the loop all day. It will be interesting to hear what everyone has to say about that. The truth will come out on social media, after even the reunion.

I also agree that it seems like most of the cast this year are good sports and will not harbor resentment after. Well according to what we've seen so far. Things can change.

Has anybody else noticed though that although they're promoting this as the toughest season, that the cast doesn't seem as spent as in other seasons?

They seem to have an abundance of clothing. And it's all in good condition. At one point somebody pointed out that there were hangers with clothing in the background. I noticed that too. The people that have been shown the most seem to have several changes of clothing and they seem to be in good condition. It has been pointed out on many podcasts that in the past the survivors clothes were tattered and falling off of them and dirty. Previous casts, at this same point, had lost way more weight. They are supposedly not even supposed to have rice.

The one thing I am glad that they are changing, is the Jeff's Probst's rule that they can't bring bathing suits. They have to wear undergarments. Many of the ex Survivor women especially, have complained that they were getting infections and rashes from wearing the same underwear every day. I would always say why did that guy bring a pair of underwear that you can totally see everything? I did not know it wasn't their choice.

Troysan said he cheated the system by buying compression shorts that looked like underwear. They didn't catch it. He said he would have been mortified had he had to wear regular underwear. They would have had to blur it out LOL

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, November 30, 2021 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I've found it ridiculous for a long while that they didn't get a swim suit. This isn't "naked and afraid" for goodness sakes.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, November 30, 2021 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’m pretty sure people have left for medical reasons and then returned after several hours but I can’t remember the specifics.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 30, 2021 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
We do know some people were evaluated and returned and that others were deemed unable to return, like Mike Skupin, years ago, when he fell into the fire.

I am thinking that Tina Wesson from way back was at least monitored, as she was diabetic, I think.

Some of the outfits (which I have read are somewhat dictated by production) are pretty ridiculous.. and let them have swiming garments of choice!

Not seeming as spent, for sure, but the season is shorter too. The first three lost 15 pounds each and I THINK in the past some lost more (but may have been larger men with more to lose). It is a plus in my book for them not to see TOO spent, as that was not particularly pleasant (and we can see that on Naked and Afraid).

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, November 30, 2021 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree with Sea, this is a shorter time frame for them than previous seasons so their weight loss may have been higher if they were playing the 39 days

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, November 30, 2021 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I was actually comparing, not the weight they lost at the end, but the weight of those voted out the same week. So I was trying to compare apples to apples not apples to oranges.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, November 30, 2021 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I sat down and read probably 100 pages of Survivor contract rules regulations etc. I didn't know t byhat they can never write a book can never disclose things or paint the producers or the show in a negative light... It's a $5 million fine for each offense. LOL so obviously people do go against that but the possibility of being fined $5 million dollars....!

I also stumbled upon some other statistics while I was going back and looking about the medical policy. Of course everybody has to disclose full medical and psychiatric and get tested and pass. Rules say that medics can only treat serious injuries. But what I was surprised to read and I sure don't remember.... There have been 15 people that have been medically pulled from Survivor and 16 people that have quit! I had to go back to the list and read all of them that I had forgotten.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, November 30, 2021 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
SinceBB1, ahhhh that makes sense :-)

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, November 30, 2021 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Shan's ponderosa is finally up. Thought the song they sang was cute. Only three more episode to go.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, November 30, 2021 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Well, I am SO happy to finally see Shan's Ponderosa. I have been looking every day and, not finding it, worrying that she might be coming back into the game. Whew.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, November 30, 2021 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
that is so interesting about the rules

Vickie

07-16-2004

Wednesday, December 01, 2021 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1 Where do we find this info? I too have watched since the beginning. I’m interested.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, December 01, 2021 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I just did web searches. Then on each it had links to other sites...I could not tell you the exact path lol. I also read interviews with various cast. Some were from podcasts. It wasn't one website....it was more like 50...lol

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 01, 2021 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Is the contract for all time? I know BigBrother people are tied up for a couple of years but then they can talk.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, December 01, 2021 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
it must be, I dont remember any of them writing a book

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, December 01, 2021 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I am pretty sure it is. All the contacts now have binding arbitration clauses. They practically own you after.

One of the rules that I laughed at said that they weren't allowed to hunt unless it were for food. I'm thinking, they barely are successful at hunting for food to eat.. they're going to do it for sport?

They also mentioned that each player can negotiate their contract.. so returning players have better, less restrictive ones. I forgot who they mentioned, it was a woman, that they said got the best contract ever.

Tina Wesson and many others mentioned that their bodies have never been the same after their season(s) of Survivor. Some had kidney problems, infections parasites etc 2 years later.

In a recent interview, Tina said her body has still never fully recuperated. But she said she hopes that she can come back! So if they have another All-Stars maybe she'll be there. Crazy!

Oh and there's a clause for that too, in the contract saying that they aren't held responsible for any injuries or changes in health from Survivor.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, December 01, 2021 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I just watched all the episodes I had recorded to date. Love that Shan is gone.

Who has MS?

Lorie

08-28-2003

Wednesday, December 01, 2021 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorie a private message Print Post    
Shan has MS

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, December 01, 2021 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I bet it was Sandra that got the best contract, I would have guessed Rob would have. I would have bet they would have let him write his own they love him so much LOL

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, December 01, 2021 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
No it wasn't Sandra. Although I also thought it would have been. Let me see if I can find it again... It wasn't a name that I instantly recognized the person

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: