TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 28, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XLI - A New Era: 6th Show, Oct 27: Archive through October 28, 2021 users admin

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, October 24, 2021 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
"Ready to Play Like a Lion"

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I hope they merge into two tribes and we can see more of all the players.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Have they ever done that before, because didn't it say a "Survivor First"?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
all these twists suck and it was so unfair to have Erika away for 2 days on a shorter season. Plus no tribal!? and JP mansplaining what was going to happen! ugh just let it unfold! hating what they have done to my fav show!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I dont even think that twist they gave her is that interesting. Of course she is going to choose what keeps her safe!

Chippy

08-16-2007

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
Why would she not use it. They obviously want her gone.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
She would be crazy not to use it, unless she has an idol (I forget if she does). Still, she could advance one round and retain her idol. Her old tribe has already cut her.

I don't think this twist is horrible at all (well, it IS horrible in the traditional Survivor format), but hell, it will probably keep us all watching.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I only have one word to say after this latest 'twist' but it's not allowed.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So who went home?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I was in a meeting, just realized how late it is, so noone when home.

This sort of screws up the game.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I was busy making dinner & kind of just listening with the intention of watching once I heard them in tribal council. Never happened & I missed what Erika's twist is. oh well ...

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
At the beginning of the show Jeff mansplained the twist and said there would be no tribal and no one would be voted out tonight.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 1:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
She has to take the twist.. If she does not she is probably doomed.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
This is how we are getting the same number of episodes even though they are on the island a shorter number of days.

To be continued...

Now that Erika knows she is on the bottom of the totem pole, she would have to be an idiot to not take the twist.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
For some reason, Jeff and production have decided that giving out “inside information” would appeal to the viewers. So they’re having Jeff speak to us directly with a conspiratorial tone and they’re even showing some of the cameras and production setup. I wasn’t sure what to think at first but I’ve decided that I’m not a fan of this. It’s like a fourth wall break that takes me out of the Survivor experience.

Similarly, as much as I enjoyed Erika’s backstory (which is an inspiring story about her family being Canadian immigrants and working hard and finding happiness), seeing the pictures of her as a young child with her family, once again, took me outside of the island Survivor experience.

It also appears that, similar to what happened this year in Big Brother, the black contestants have decided to form an alliance to the end based on color.

It seems obvious to us as viewers that Erika should go with the twist, but it depends on whether or not she is convinced enough that her tribe members have totally abandoned her as it would mean aligning with people she doesn’t know at all.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Honestly, it was kind of dumb, given the way the game has gone so far, for the (mostly blue) team to send someone they didn't like to Exile. Smart players would think... that person is likely to get an advantage! I was thinking that when they voted!

So, they made a strategic error by not thinking it thru.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
But what a twist. There was a competition as to who would go to the merge and two players weren't even allowed to participate. Right there, I was put off. Then Jeff tells Erika she "earned" her new twist? Um, NO!! The only thing she earned was the loss of trust of her own tribe. As a player, I would lose complete trust in a production where competitions I won were reversed and idols I found were used against me.

I like alot of the players this season but I'm put off by how much production is pushing what they want to happen and pushing who they want the viewers to like. Shantel did not find and 'own' those two advantages. She stole them plain and simple.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Right Jimmer, Im not sure Erika is convinced enough of being on the bottom. They only had two to choose from... both from their original 6 right? They talked beforehand and said lets stick together at least for the next few tribal councils because they have the numbers. If she smashes it... where is her standing with either tribe? Im not sure I would do it, given the information she has.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The new black alliance.. Only now could they work together as a group and two black men have been voted out thus far.. If these 4 did make it to the end of to jury.. I am imagining them all summer, at home, watching Big Brother and thinking "we did it first, but we have a gag order"..

Apparently there are other reality shows that I don't watch where they are showing cameras and production more and more.

MTV has gone that route with the teen mom franchise, My Big Fat Fabulous Life has shown camera work, 90 Day Fiance.

But Jeff talking to us seem a big step beyond and in the wrong direction.

There was already more Jeff than necessary on Survivor.

And I am not good with total resets..

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm taking a wait and see approach. I do like seeing Jeff's enthusiasm for the game. I'm hoping it will all come together for us as the viewers. I did miss ending with a tribal council. It's so routine for us that I appreciated we were warned, still it was disappointing to end the episode that way.

And yes, I'm not seeing any way that she doesn't smash the hour glass. Right now she's at risk for being voted off. If she smashes it, she's safe, right?

I will really laugh if Tiffany ruins the Lianna advantage with her 'wildcard' loose lips. They were wary of her, but didn't vote her out as we all hoped they would early on. Now they have to deal with her knowing something she shouldn't.

Basically everyone should know who has the idols right now due to those crazy statements they had to make to find out if the others had been found. I expect to see drama around trying to flush those out soon.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
So....if say...Xander, in secret, "gave" his advantage to another person and Liana asks him for his advantage. Would he have to give it to her? Either because he physically was just not in possession of it (lent it to other person for safekeeping) or he actually was not longer in possession of it because he gifted it to someone.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yeah I’m not clear on how that works. Does she have to ask before it’s played?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I was wondering the same thing Sincebb1. I'm hoping he gets wind of it and gives it away. Then she asks for it and he no longer has it. That would be golden.
Sounds like she has to ask at tribal, before it's played.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, see this is mostly what's driving me crazy about all these different advantages. I have questions about how they all work. They don't provide us any details on IFTTT lol

Brenda That's EXACTLY the scenario I'm hoping for!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Let's not forget that Shan brought up Liana having an advantage in front of Tiffany. Shantel - the knife in the back that just keeps stabbing.