TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 07, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XLI - A New Era: 3rd Show, Oct 6: Archive through October 07, 2021 users admin

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, October 04, 2021 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
"My Million Dollar Mistake"
1 hr

Bisc here: Remember during WW2? "Loose lips sink ships!" My Mom was a Rosie the Riveter Material Controller, building bombs in Omaha during WW2, at a former Birdseye frozen vegetable plant. Inventorying the Rosies' tools to make sure they were supplied. Even her closest SIL never heard of it until Mom's funeral & was stunned. We still have Mom's security badge that let her enter the plant.

I bet THAT turns out to be "Million Dollar Mistake"!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 06, 2021 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Bloody Dick Drop of bloodJack-o-lantern馃暩CoffinMan vampire
@EvelDick

18m
#Survivor
Obviously production got sick of waiting for these people to find these advantages, so they just are laying them in the middle of camp now

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 06, 2021 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Autumn Updates
@BB_Gossiper

11m
Brad finding the three way idol kind of works bc no one is gonna question if he rattles off some weird shit Loudly crying face #survivor

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 06, 2021 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Claire Rehfuss
@ClaireRehfuss

11m

Genie closest ally is Brad?? Now that is a very fun duo. I can鈥檛 decide if I like the UA or Yasa tribe more #survivor41

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 06, 2021 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
SURVIVOR
@survivorcbs

4m
Castaways looking at fruit the way we look at a double cheeseburger! Red applePearWatermelonHamburger #Survivor

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 06, 2021 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Autumn Updates
@BB_Gossiper

33s
Also is it really a show of trust to tell someone you have an advantage when a half dozen have been released in the first 4 days- they鈥檙e like participation trophies at this point Woozy face #survivor

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 06, 2021 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And at tribal alliance Brad, JD, Brad, Brad goes home.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 06, 2021 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
too much show time wasted on idols. I dont like JP talking to the camera, the editing is off this season

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 06, 2021 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oddly enough, I'm kind of liking all the surprises this year, keeps it interesting.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 06, 2021 - 11:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Apparently this is not the only reality show to break the fourth wall.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 06, 2021 - 11:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So Brad left with that advantage that needs three people.. Where does that leave the other two?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, October 07, 2021 - 5:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I don't like that they are losing their votes at TC when the tribes are this small. It would be different if there were 9 people on each tribe - they could hide behind more votes.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, October 07, 2021 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Yes, where will that leave the other two? Will they just rehide it?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 07, 2021 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
judging by how unhidden the last 2 were, I bet they just hand it to someone next time.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, October 07, 2021 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
So now for most of the show I'm counting how many times someone yells out "you guys".

I know I've said this before but I got to say it again... When are these people going to learn not to tell anybody about their advantage? Tiffany was cracking me up when she said... Just to be sure I wouldn't have shown it to anyone but I had no choice. Hello, if you see an advantage you don't point at it like a hunting dog go walking up to it with your eyes locked on it pick it up and read it.

I guess this is where my other question gets answered. Now that Brad got voted out, do they just rehide that advantage? So poor Xander is going to have to say the butterfly phrase at least two more times? If the other person gets voted out again.. you can see where I'm going with this. At some point he's going to have to explain his babbling to everyone, least they vote him out just because they think he's lost it. I don't have high hopes for Xander to get to the end. The three girls have shown that they don't care about winning. But if it weren't for Xander they wouldn't have gotten fruit last night.

I don't know if I like this new survivor on steroids shortened season? It's as if there's too much going on. It's become less about the person's individual gameplay? I read that they were considering keeping this format. I do hope they do not.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 07, 2021 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I guess I'm in the minority... as I noted, I like how they are changing it up.. each new twist surprises me, and I like that. :-)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, October 07, 2021 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
It's not that it is on steroids (which it is), but it's also confusing with the lose a vote, steal a vote, if two out of three vote for this than blah blah blah... if one out of three vote for this then blah blah blah...

It's too confusing

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, October 07, 2021 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm with you Sincebb1 - The advantages are getting all of the attention and the worst part is that not one of them has actually been an advantage but rather a disadvantage.

I'm really enjoying the cast of all newbies and while changes and surprises are nice, these DISadvantages are a DUD.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, October 07, 2021 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Lol - That was exactly what my brain said last night when yet another set of DISadvantages was offered up - blah, blah, blah.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, October 07, 2021 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know how the original three teams were selected or divided up?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, October 07, 2021 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Maybe if the show were 2 hours. I feel like they have to get all these advantages in and they're missing some of the footage that I would like to see about the actual players. For example we didn't even get to see JD finding the advantage. This is the first time they have not shown that. Although they did have time to show the bird pooping LOL

Then did I fall asleep? Or did they not show the two tribes enjoying their winning fruit platter? Since when do we not see somebody enjoying food that they won or finding an idol or an advantage?

The rules surrounding the advantages are so nebulous. I agree... I'm sitting there like a math equation trying to figure out if this person does that then what happens to this other person. And these people are trying to figure it out on no food no sleep.

I was surprised that you couldn't use the "steal a vote" because you had the other "lose a vote" advantage. Seems to me that if you win a "steal a vote" that should override the you "lose a vote" disadvantage? No?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, October 07, 2021 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Kappy that too..because they were already split into teams? How?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 07, 2021 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Since, I agree. I like twists but not at the expense of seeing the players interact. That is the heart and soul of the show. They know this too, that is why they are editing in backstories intstead of letting us hear the player tell it themselves. The best and most heartwrenching part of the show was Shan's confessional about her dad. It is moments like that that make us connect deeply and root for players

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 07, 2021 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ps LOL about the bird pooping right after he said he was going to go to the bathroom! seeing an animal take a shit is a first on this show, hope they are proud!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, October 07, 2021 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes. Up until now I didn't really care for Shan that much. That confessional made her more likeable for me. I just don't care for how she operates. In the end, we will see whether it is to her total detriment or if it wins her the game.