TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
2nd Show, Sep 29

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XLI - A New Era: 2nd Show, Sep 29 users admin

Survivor
Survivor (on CBS)

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, September 28, 2021 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
"Juggling Chainsaws"

1 hr show

Great start for a wild new season! This looks to be TOUGH!!! Pull out the popcorn.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, September 29, 2021 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Definitely looking forward to it!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, September 29, 2021 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
great ep! love the immunity idol twist. they blindsided the audience. I wish we would get a weekly internet show with more info, especially on how this guy ended up going over the other 2

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 29, 2021 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well Tiffany should have gone home but it seems that the women decided to keep the weak link instead and voted out Voche.

Which truly doesn't make any sense.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, September 29, 2021 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Tiffany is the reason they went to tribal council. I would not be surprised to see them back there again next wk & they deserve to be by keeping their weakest link.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, September 29, 2021 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It did seem time for Tiffany to go. Not just for the competition, but for her not being able to accept that Xander couldn't vote.

Does Xander have to say that phrase every week until he gets an answer from the others? Because that's going to look very weird...

Chippy

08-16-2007

Thursday, September 30, 2021 - 4:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
I’m still trying to make sense of the episode…

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, September 30, 2021 - 6:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I think Dander will wait til he hears the other two contestants say their lines first before he repeats it. Unless he feels like he is going to be voted out that week. Then he will say it first in a desperate attempt to be saved.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, September 30, 2021 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Playing the "end game" at this point is super dumb! Zander has the right idea! You want to be here tomorrow! WHY did he tell his teammates about the idol?

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, September 30, 2021 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Yep - agree with everything said above.

I'm always amazed at how quickly my faves change week to week in the beginning but that's because we see so little of them. Tiffany was one I was hoping to root for based on her being a teacher but her not even listening to Liana changed that.

I am liking DeShawn and Evvie but then we are actually getting to see them. They need to have two-hour episodes when there are this many people. Maybe it's my age showing but I feel like I'm watching with the video sped up.

Like last week, the rebus puzzle was shown during the immunity challenge for just a few seconds.

Did they ever discuss how these three tribes were selected to begin with?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, September 30, 2021 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Kappy, they showed the rebus puzzle again during this week's challenge ("Worth Playing For").

Tiffany is nothing short of exhausting. I really wanted to like her but she wears me out.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, September 30, 2021 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Lexie go make your game 8 pick in the NFL thread :-)

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Thursday, September 30, 2021 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Do you guys remember what the other tribes would need to say if one found the clue... one was to do with broccoli/forest

Im with all of you.. I wanted to like Tiffany so much but she should have gone home. We see it every season, kick out the strong players when you need them to keep winning

Liking Evvie and Xander

Did I hear that Shantel and Genie are Canadian?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, September 30, 2021 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I understand that everyone isn't able to compete at the highest physical level and as long as they bring something else to the game that's more than okay and can be overcome. However, Tiffany showed that she had nothing else to bring. Her social and strategic game is equally lacking. She's just going to be an ongoing liability to anyone who aligns with her.

However, despite their ongoing attempts to align with Tiffany, I do like Evvie and Liana (especially Evvie).

I can't remember the other sayings but it was so funny how Xander tried to work his into the conversation. LOL awkward!

It has been a good season so far.

Chippy

08-16-2007

Thursday, September 30, 2021 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
Kinda weird to repeat the same field trip to protect or risk the vote no?

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Saturday, October 02, 2021 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Here are the 3 code phrases:

I truly believe that butterflies are dead relatives saying hi."

"I'm as confused as a goat on AstroTurf."

"I didn't realize this until now… broccoli is just a bunch of small trees."

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, October 02, 2021 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
When are they (and I'm going to do a broad sweep of any contestant on any show where people get voted out) going to learn...NOT to tell anyone you got an advantage. EVER.

I went back to look... The three phrases have to be said at the same elimination ceremony. Is bad enough they have to say it once. But how many times can you say that same phrase without people looking at you and either thinking you're crazy or understanding that it has something to do with an advantage? Good way to put a target on somebody's back

Ricard, who later complained about the term "you guys"... When they were in the boat rowing referred to the two women and the men in his boat as "you guys".

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, October 02, 2021 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Not to mention...Jeff himself said it twice, I believe.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, October 02, 2021 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yeah I noticed that too.

Those code phrases are hilarious.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, October 02, 2021 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
The first time he said the phrase, he kind of worked it into the conversation... about as well as he could. But he's still sounded crazy.

What happens if nobody finds 3rd one? Two people go throughout the entire Survivor with no vote? What happens if that person gets voted out? Do they hide the advantage (disadvantage) again? So complicated.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Saturday, October 02, 2021 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
All good questions, Since.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, October 03, 2021 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think Xander got the toughest one to work into the conversation. The one about the broccoli isn’t too hard, given how hungry they all are. LOL I’m looking forward to when they say all three together (if they do). It should be pretty obvious to everyone else at that point.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, October 03, 2021 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
So the first guy who said the butterfly thing. I don't think he should say his again until he hears the other two say theirs. So really, he may only need to say it a second time.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, October 04, 2021 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Wow! Evvie was BUSY getting down to work during her hill climb with that blue team guy, telling all Xander's secrets. Going eyes wide in that her team is about to deliberately get Pgonngd. Eliminating strength players & keeping Tiffany, so Xander is next (I bet) with no vote to protect himself.

Now the blue team knows NOT accept any Advantage if found, or say the phrase, or they could be effectively neutered - like Xander has been now.

Pschrfhd

05-22-2011

Tuesday, October 05, 2021 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pschrfhd a private message Print Post    
According to Rob Cesternino and the folks at RHAP,
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
the people who have lost their votes because of the immunity idol will get them back at the merge.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, October 05, 2021 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
is that a spoiler or did he mean
Spoiler
IF they survive to the merge?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, October 05, 2021 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Added spoiler boxes as it’s not clear if the above is a potential spoiler.

Note: You can use the following method to create a spoiler box.

\spoiler{Text goes here.}

Looks like

Spoiler
Text goes here.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, October 05, 2021 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm calling these so-called advantages this year a big big DUD. They don't seem worth it for the players and the viewers shouldn't have to hunt down a playbook online to understand them.

Pschrfhd

05-22-2011

Wednesday, October 06, 2021 - 5:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pschrfhd a private message Print Post    
Sorry... I didn't mean to imply that they WILL get their votes back, just that they COULD if they make it that far.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 06, 2021 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Pschr, ty for the clarification :-)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: