TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 24, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XLI - A New Era: 1st Show, Sep 22: Archive through September 24, 2021 users admin

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, September 23, 2021 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I always use "guys" and I think it is perfectly fine. Not sure where the issue comes from.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 23, 2021 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
For those asking, yes the little rune can only be used once. Each person gets one, and when they use it, they are done.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, September 23, 2021 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks Karuuna.

The guys thing must have been an issue somewhere for Jeff to have brought it up. I’ve long had an issue with Jeff’s jock mentality - although to give him props he really seems to have worked on it and changed over the years - and I think that way of thinking is why *he* associates “guys” with a group of males of a particular type. And if he thinks or thought that way maybe it’s a good thing he wants to change it for himself.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 23, 2021 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Kitt, yeah, I think he was looking for people to give him permission to drop the "guys".. but I wonder if he was aware in the moment that people might not want to stick their necks out in that environment?

I would have said "yes, drop the word guys," but maybe not under those circumstances and make myself too visible!

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, September 23, 2021 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I caught Rickard's backstory... wanted to like him... but don't... he's too devious... My FAV on the green tribe is JD... love his youthful exuberance... felt super bad for Sara. I was super afraid it was going to be JD going home because he got so many confessionals and air time.

Kearie

07-21-2005

Thursday, September 23, 2021 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kearie a private message Print Post    
Ricard also has a secret he may not share with the other survivors. He is also hard of hearing and isn't sure if he will share this info. He was on the local news last night prior to the show sharing this.

I wanted to like him but like others I just don't thus far.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, September 23, 2021 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Despite being a woman, I think it is a good idea to keep the tribe physically strong! I have seen too many seasons of the physically weaker tribe(s) being picked off one by one!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, September 23, 2021 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I am also having trouble with the 'pastor" being dodgy!!

Brian2204

09-14-2004

Thursday, September 23, 2021 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brian2204 a private message Print Post    
Did any one else catch the rebus at 56:13 into the program? Day one alliance?

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, September 23, 2021 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I agree with thinking about the pastor being dodgy... and is something that could turn me off a player... but that is like holding the mother-figure type players to a different standard just because they want to play hard or they lie in the game... I'm going to make an effort to focus on gameplay and not what my expectations of how a pastor, or any other player, should play.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 23, 2021 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sorry Brian, what does rebus mean? I didn't see the whole show so not sure what you are talking about.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, September 23, 2021 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm trying to find a sceen shot of the rebus puzzle that was shown for just a split second during the immunity challenge. It involves 3 visual clues. Below I have used words to describe the visual clues.

1) Ice Cream Sundae - sun
2) wand - "D"
3) "A" + lion face and lion face

I thought this might be the 'game within the game' for kids that JP spoke about at the beginning.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, September 23, 2021 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I loved the Pastor from the moment she said she was half Italian and half Jamaican as it reminds me of many people in my extended family. For someone who went through the foster care system, I found her humor and positive energy very refreshing and would love to attend her services. I am rooting for her and JD to make it far into the game.

If anyone takes issue with the use of "guys" for a group of people, google the meaning of it. I found it more insulting that Jeff used such a lame example to address gender inequity almost as if he were making it into a joke.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, September 23, 2021 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
And let me add that I absolutely enjoyed this first episode!! Can't wait to see where these newbies take it.

Brian2204

09-14-2004

Thursday, September 23, 2021 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brian2204 a private message Print Post    
Dipo - A "rebus" is a puzzle in which words are represented by combinations of pictures and individual letters.
At the above noted time there was a shot of a "rebus".
As Kappy indicated it may be part of the 'game within the game' for kids as the web address was shown at the same time.
I just found it interesting that no one here had mentioned it.
So much for conspiracy (sp?) theories !!!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 23, 2021 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 23, 2021 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think I have it:

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Day One Alliance

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 23, 2021 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thank you Brian, I had no clue, LOL.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, September 23, 2021 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kar, yes that is what I thought too :-) I love these, we have always called them Wuzzles. I have never heard the word rebus before

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, September 23, 2021 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
To play along each week

https://www.survivorgwg.com/#/

click on start here in the top corner and see Jeffy explain. I think this is really cool!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, September 23, 2021 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
it's fun to play, when you put in the answer Jeff pops up with more instructions and he talks about something that will happen next week.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, September 23, 2021 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
If you go to the link I posted check out JP's shirt. Can you make out what the letters are? is it a hashtag? I'm thinking it may be a clue to something

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, September 24, 2021 - 12:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I have not read Karuuna's spoiler for the rebus, but here is what I think it is.
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Day One Alliance
I bet it will be same as Karuuna's.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, September 24, 2021 - 12:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Okay, yep, same.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Friday, September 24, 2021 - 5:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I love rebuses (rebi?) but I struggled with this one for a while! I got the alliance right away, but was taking the D off the "dae", not the wand! DUH@@