TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
13th Show, Dec 18 Finale

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXXIX - Island of the Idols: 13th Show, Dec 18 Finale users admin

“Mama, Look at Me Now"

Survivor
Survivor (on CBS)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through December 18, 2019Jimmer25 12-18-19  7:57 pm
Archive through December 18, 2019Rosie25 12-19-19  12:02 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 4:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
$Fifteen vs $100,000.

I wondered as well.

I was just not enthused about anyone left.

Funniest moment was Karishma's very enthusiastic fist pump when Dean won the fire building. Then she pulled back and looked around.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Perhaps Sia's perception is that Jamal is a more affluent person in his life outside Survivor, whereas Janet and Elaine both seem to be less affluent? Elaine has been very open about needing money and Janet is a lifeguard - not normally a high paying position even if you are the chief lifeguard (well, not at least in my area). Maybe she just wanted to give more to women. Who knows, but they were honestly amazed and grateful by their reactions.

Dean's cockiness was unpleasant to see. For a guy who kind of played under the radar he sure had a lot to say at Tribal Council...and dude, it is never a good thing to refer to yourself by a stupid street name when you are probably the least street person ever!

Lauren looked so much better with darker hair.

Who were the two that didn't show up?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Obviously, Sia can award whoever she wants to award but the differences in the amounts does seem a little odd and unexplained.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
In my mind… Sia gives 100,000 to her fav/most deserving but this year had 2, Elaine and Janet... and then threw Jamal 15 thou as an afterthought/extra for being a stand up guy.

What a weird season, one of my least favourites for sure. I didn't care who won. I thought the finale segment with Kellee was cringey.

I hate how Jeff always opens his mouth at tribal and brings up stuff like Janet being great at making fire... Hes done it so many times over the years and I really think its unfair. Let the game play out without your interference Jeff!!

And the nullifier should NOT be part of the game. hate it!!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I wholeheartedly agree with you Cinnamon. The whole post.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I thought Jeff looked terrible last night. Something was off -- maybe too much make-up or something. I don’t know.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
Me too, Cinnamongirl.

Ark

07-09-2001

Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
For a season with so many great players and personalities, it certainly had an anti-climatic ending. I liked Tommy a lot but he wasn't much of a gamer. He attached himself to people that did the strategizing for him. I hope Dean regrets opening his big mouth and saving Tommy when it was all set for him to go home.

I agree with Cinnamon, Sia had picked her favorite but decided Jamal was also worthy of some recognition. I was actually more excited about the Sia awards than anything else last night.

Kellee confuses me. She didn't want Dan removed from the game when she was asked about it but now she wishes he had been removed. I really thought she would have worked on a statement and presented it much better than she did. I thought she was much better spoken than she appeared last night.

I thought with them being down a player with Dan leaving that we would get a longer reunion segment. We did not and that was disappointing.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Not much of a Tommy fan either. Wish Laurel would have made it to the end.

Ark

07-09-2001

Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
Listening to RHAP and apparently this isn't the 1st year that Sia gave someone $100,000 and someone else $15,000. Rick got the $100,000 last year but Aurora & Joe each got $15,000 and there was someone prior to that season that received $15,000. I don't remember that at all.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Glad to see my household wasn't the only one to wonder what was up with Jeff. The first thought was 'facelift' followed by 'hair dyed too dark' followed by 'bad make-up' and ending with 'liver failure?', lol. He really is too thin.

I also found the Kellee questioning CRINGE WORTHY. It was like she was having to answer to a CEO on live tv and it just dragged on and on because Jeff wasn't getting the answer he wanted.

After not liking that many people this season, I was happy with a Tommy win. The Sia awards were the best part of the night though! I thought she gave them to the 2 'favorites' of the season and then wanted to recognize Jamal for bringing forth a conversation many do not know how to have and doing it in such a gracious way.

Normally I hate a season of repeats but with them all being former 'winners' in #40, I can't wait!!

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
I thought Jeff looked different on the finale also. It was really evident when the would go back and show segments of the show and then go back to the finale show.

Kearie

07-21-2005

Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kearie a private message Print Post    
His dimples in the finale looked wrong, deeper and more pronounced then previously. I say he got some bad work done.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
He looks anorexic. Too much “healthy” eating and over excercising. Hair dye too dark. Maybe too much make up. Hollywood.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I never think the contestants look as good when they are made up for the show. Too much makeup. They look fake.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Lol, Jimmer - so true!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Janet's Ponderosa:

youtube.com/watch?v=_OpqY6BCybU

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
youtube.com/watch?v=9-PWPOPxfhE

and Lauren's

Sorry, thought the first one would show up as a link also.

They were both interesting.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think the stress of all the backlash has gotten to Jeff.

I was glad Sia didnt feel obligated to give Kellee the fan fav money.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Awwwww, really good Ponderosas. Thanks for posting the links, Hecka!! I had sort of forgotten already.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 21, 2019 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree about Jeff looking different.

And Sia certainly can award in any way she chooses!I
Jimmer, agree that in many cases the dressing up and making up of players at the finale is not an improvement!

Kearie

07-21-2005

Saturday, December 21, 2019 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kearie a private message Print Post    
Elizabeth, Missy and Jack were not at the reunion. They were at the final jury to vote for the winner.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, December 21, 2019 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I think Missy was there.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Sunday, December 22, 2019 - 4:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Missy was there.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: