TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Episode 5 - October 23, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXXIX - Island of the Idols: Caution Caution - Spoilers Caution: Episode 5 - October 23, 2019 users admin

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, October 17, 2019 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Opening up the thread late again... guess I must be aging a bit (lol).

Title: “Don’t Bite the Hand that Feeds You”

CBS Misdirection Clues:
Castaways are forced to switch up their game after a surprising tribe swap, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, Oct. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, October 17, 2019 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Here's the link to the weekly interview Jeff does with Dalton Ross at EW.com

https://ew.com/tv/2019/10/17/survivor-jeff-probst-island-of-the-idols-episode-4/

And here is the teaser from the bottom of that interview:

Dalton Ross: Finally, it looks like it’s time for a tribe swap next week. What can you tell us?
Jeff Probst: I love it when I know an answer to one of your queries. Okay, let me explain! So, a tribe swap is a phrase that indicates players on all tribes will have to draw new buffs and potentially swap tribes. It’s designed to mix up the game by forcing you to form new relationships and test the strength of existing alliances. It doesn’t always happen that you actually swap tribes. Sometimes you end up on the same tribe. Crazy! But technically this moment is still referred to as a swap, a.k.a. “switch.”
It’s something we first did in our third season in Africa, and it was met with a lot of controversy. Oh boy, fans hated it. Thought it was soooooooo unfair. Fortunately, Survivor doesn’t have controversial twists anymore, other than when I don’t wear a blue shirt. Other than that, our audience adores everything we do, and they have for many years now! I can’t think of the last time someone complained about a creative idea. Anyway, so yes, from 3,000 feet that is the working and current definition of a Survivor tribe swap. But since I still have a few characters left to use, I could give you a bit of a tease for next week: Our biggest reward of the season and another killer Tribal Council!

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, October 17, 2019 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Here's the YouTube.com clip of the preview that aired at the end of last night's show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWr5S-sPYlE

Ark

07-09-2001

Thursday, October 17, 2019 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
It doesn’t always happen that you actually swap tribes. Sometimes you end up on the same tribe. Crazy!

Is he saying that even though there is a swap this week the tribes actually stay the same because I don't remember that ever happening before.

Granny2b

07-07-2009

Thursday, October 17, 2019 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granny2b a private message Print Post    
Thank's Ginger, you had me worried about you.....hope you are doing okay

Vickie

07-16-2004

Friday, October 18, 2019 - 6:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
No what I took from what he said is that some people stay on the same tribe as had happen each time they do this.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 18, 2019 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm thinking Jeff was being a little snarky...he can't remember the last time anybody complained about a creative idea...RIGHT!

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Saturday, October 19, 2019 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Thanks Granny … just a different life now, a different house, daughter and grandson with me instead of a husband, new medical issues to tend to, and time schedule is a bit shifted...but better late than never … right?

Okay....the Press Release pics are up in thumbnail size again, so I grabbed the 4 that tell us a little something.

Reward Challenge

Reward Challenge where the "Drop Your Buff" action takes place

Immunity Challenge

Another closer look at Immunity Challenge

There are no action shots of the Immunity Challenge … obviously they don't want us to see the new tribe make-ups.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Saturday, October 19, 2019 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Here's a link to a new promo on YouTube.com for Episode 5:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gknmO9tW0eg

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, October 21, 2019 - 6:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Exactly Roxip. Everyone pretty much hated Exile Island, Redemption Island, Ghost Island, Island of Extinction....

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: